B&W RESULT:#85 Black & White Challenge

View from my upstairs window this morning.
View attachment 111889
The fog looks great down below but nice and sunny up here.
B&W conversion in Affinity. After trying a few other B&W apps I preferred Affinity because its B&W conversion provides red, green, blue, & cyan, magenta, & yellow sliders.
This is absolutely stunning!!!! I love how the fog looks in particular. Almost like a lake.

..... wait.... Affinity has an app?!?!

Last edited:
12FD07B4-0FFF-4B6C-997F-88C477A31B29.jpeg
An old Crucifix from a small, local Polish parish in Dallas, TX.

Edited with VSCO

I’ve been looking and praying in front of this Crucifix for quite a few years now, and finally decided to take a picture of it this year. It’s an old one found in the Polish community of St. Peter the Apostle Church here in Dallas. My family is second generation Polish-American, so the Holy Week and Easter traditions run strong still. This was taken after the Blessing of the Baskets on Holy Saturday this year.

View from my upstairs window this morning.
View attachment 111889
The fog looks great down below but nice and sunny up here.
B&W conversion in Affinity. After trying a few other B&W apps I preferred Affinity because its B&W conversion provides red, green, blue, & cyan, magenta, & yellow sliders.
Wow Brian, now that’s a view. I don’t think I remember seeing the view from your upstairs windows before. You live in a beautiful part of the world. I’ve never thought of using Affinity for b&w.

View attachment 111900 An old Crucifix from a small, local Polish parish in Dallas, TX.

Edited with VSCO

I’ve been looking and praying in front of this Crucifix for quite a few years now, and finally decided to take a picture of it this year. It’s an old one found in the Polish community of St. Peter the Apostle Church here in Dallas. My family is second generation Polish-American, so the Holy Week and Easter traditions run strong still. This was taken after the Blessing of the Baskets on Holy Saturday this year.
Interesting edit, I like it. I've always been interested in Cathedrals, Churches and religious icons, although I'm not particularly religious myself I have to admit.

This is absolutely stunning!!!! I love how the fog looks in particular. Almost like a lake.

..... wait.... Affinity has an app?!?!
Thanks, we think the view is one of the great things about living here. The fog is ever changing, rising, falling, always in slow motion, but relentless.
I live where I am now because I used to live down in the fog some years ago and noticed over and over that when I got to a certain height on the hill (by car) I came up out of the fog in the same way you rise through the clouds in an airplane after take-off. Actually, it looks much the same as the top of clouds sometimes. Our elevation above the fog zone is about 158 metres so the coastal fog is fairly low, most of the time. This morning it is deep enough to reach us for a while.
Yes, Affinity has a Photoshop-like photo editing app, but only on iPad. I don’t know if they have any plans to bring out an iPhone version. Affinity Photo is the name of it. Quite a large app with many unique capabilities for things like HDR and DNG files. A bit slow going at times because of its complexity.

View attachment 111900 An old Crucifix from a small, local Polish parish in Dallas, TX.

Edited with VSCO

Lovely edit on this Mary.

Stag Beetle.
View attachment 111943
Moment Macro, Fusion - I think, Affinity.
That looks like the same beetle that RoseCat Catherine photographed. That wasn’t a stag beetle, but a white-spotted sawyer beetle. Those antennae are amazing. Great depth on this, with the right antenna out of focus.

Thanks, we think the view is one of the great things about living here. The fog is ever changing, rising, falling, always in slow motion, but relentless.
I live where I am now because I used to live down in the fog some years ago and noticed over and over that when I got to a certain height on the hill (by car) I came up out of the fog in the same way you rise through the clouds in an airplane after take-off. Actually, it looks much the same as the top of clouds sometimes. Our elevation above the fog zone is about 158 metres so the coastal fog is fairly low, most of the time. This morning it is deep enough to reach us for a while.
Yes, Affinity has a Photoshop-like photo editing app, but only on iPad. I don’t know if they have any plans to bring out an iPhone version. Affinity Photo is the name of it. Quite a large app with many unique capabilities for things like HDR and DNG files. A bit slow going at times because of its complexity.

That is so cool. Fog is always, at least to me, amazing to photograph. It adds such a dynamic to the photo.

Thanks for letting me know, and for the heads up on the lagging.

Back
Top Bottom