B&W RESULT:#85 Black & White Challenge

It’s a sin you can’t enter the iPPAs. I am most envious of your quirky viewpoints.
Thank you.
Yes, rizole Rizole seems to have a different way of “seeing”.:cool:
It's an actual confirmed superpower of mine, runs in the family. :cool:
On the downside so does dyslexia and theres good evidence I've got that too. :confused:
Put me in a contest that requires fast, innovative and accurate pattern matching and manipulation and I can hold my own. But dont ask me to spell 'field' correctly more than half of the time if anyone's life depends on it. :poo:

Thank you.

It's an actual confirmed superpower of mine, runs in the family. :cool:
On the downside so does dyslexia and theres good evidence I've got that too. :confused:
Put me in a contest that requires fast, innovative and accurate pattern matching and manipulation and I can hold my own. But dont ask me to spell 'field' correctly more than half of the time if anyone's life depends on it. :poo:
Well, even Superheroes have their Achilles Heel. Look at Superman and that darned kryptonite!

Righty-ho. With my superpowers, I now pronounce this Black and White Challenge CLOSED! It’s the job of rizole Rizole to choose the ones that appeal to him the most. Whenever you’re ready Rizole.

Luckily, it so rarely does.
True but when it does it can be awful. I lost 15 good comrades on the day of the twelth annual northern intercounty spell off when I failed to correctly spell freind. I still wake up screaming the rule "i befor e except after c" in a frantic sweat. Some times I can only calm myself down by spelling Mississippi ten times in a row.

True but when it does it can be awful. I lost 15 good comrades on the day of the twelth annual northern intercounty spell off when I failed to correctly spell freind. I still wake up screaming the rule "i befor e except after c" in a frantic sweat. Some times I can only calm myself down by spelling Mississippi ten times in a row.
:lmao:

Honourable mentions to start. These are my other half's favourites. If she were judging there would have been the winners which only goes to show....

Hms to
terse for Fern Gate. She likes the swirls and textures.
Starzee for Basement door.
Because I like a nice door knob
sinnerjohn for dead end.
That's interesting

And so to the winners:

In third with Wet Raspberries is JillyG. I think it looks better in B&W than colour myself. Strong contrasts and the reflections add another level.

In second is Baker Hotel in Mineral Wells, Texas by YellowRose (oh I just got the reference in the name :))
I like the imperfections in the picture too, it adds movement and energy. Strong lines and contrasts. Nice.

And our winner this week for Sculpture at the Accademia in Florence is Lynne.Peterson
22b503d3-4cb3-4d47-bf6e-19bb9f7fa432-jpeg.112027

Nice angle, excellent lighting. The sculpture itself is aesthetically pleasing, the black angles on the wall and the beams of light from above add to the whole composition. Good work.

Well done all :cool:

Honourable mentions to start. These are my other half's favourites. If she were judging there would have been the winners which only goes to show....

Hms to
sinnerjohn for dead end.

And so to the winners:

In third with Wet Raspberries is JillyG. I think it looks better in B&W than colour myself. Strong contrasts and the reflections add another level.

In second is Baker Hotel in Mineral Wells, Texas by YellowRose (oh I just got the reference in the name :))
I like the imperfections in the picture too, it adds movement and energy. Strong lines and contrasts. Nice.

And our winner this week for Sculpture at the Accademia in Florence is Lynne.Peterson

Nice angle, excellent lighting. The sculpture itself is aesthetically pleasing, the black angles on the wall and the beams of light from above add to the whole composition. Good work.

Great job Rizole. High fives to terse Ted, Starzee Star and sinnerjohn John for getting an Honourable Mention. Thank you very much for my third.:D A great intro to a Mobi challenge for YellowRose Mary coming in a well-deserved second. And super congrats to Lynne.Peterson with that fabulous statue. Whilst you might not have been responsible for the lighting Lynne, you caught the statue with that super light on it just right. Well done. And well done indeed to everyone. Thank you once again for making the Black and White Challenge what it is. :thumbs:

I will now stagger down to the Gallery and strategically place Lynne’s Sculpture at the Accademia in Florence amongst the great and the good of black and white.:D

Hms to
sinnerjohn for dead end.

And so to the winners:

Wow! Thank you so much :)
And congratulations to YellowRose and JillyG *thumbs* ... and to everyone else for more great photos this week! I know I’ve said this before, but I LOVE viewing all of the photos every week - they always make me smile :)

Hms to
sinnerjohn for dead end.

And so to the winners:

Great job Lynn.Peterson! You really deserve first place! The way the shadows look in your photo are amazing!! This is truely a work of art!

A great job to you as well JillyG! I love how the dew drops just pop out in your picture. Personally, I think your photo was better than mine lol.

terse, Starzeel, and sinnerjohn, way to go! I loved all your photos!

Really?! Wow thank you so much!! I honestly didn’t think I’d get as good a placement as second, considering there were so many photos that were better, plus the fact that I didn’t have the best control over my phone when I took that shot. My little two year old was swinging from my arms lol.

Again, fantastic job everybody!!! And thank you so much!!!

:lmao:

Hms to
sinnerjohn for dead end.

And so to the winners:

What Starzee said -- thank you to whomever :D. Congrats to Lynne.Peterson, YellowRose, and JillyG for the medals!

Back
Top Bottom