B&W RESULT:#85 Black & White Challenge

That is so cool. Fog is always, at least to me, amazing to photograph. It adds such a dynamic to the photo.

Thanks for letting me know, and for the heads up on the lagging.
Actually, it is the user doing most of the lagging but it does require a top end iPad. The more you know Photoshop, the more confusing Affinity is likely to be.

View attachment 111950
dead end (cymera filter)

:thumbs:

Thought this was slow shutter at first.

Weird (in a good way) shot. I like the sharp focus of fencing against the amorphous-ish rest of the scene.

And are you being a bit poetic/ironic, shooting from the (presumably) dead end to the (presumably) alive, ongoing bits ?

20180716161941_picture-01.jpeg

train by - Snapseed

That looks like the same beetle that RoseCat Catherine photographed. That wasn’t a stag beetle, but a white-spotted sawyer beetle. Those antennae are amazing. Great depth on this, with the right antenna out of focus.
I do believe you are correct in that this isn’t a stag beetle, but one of the Longhorn Beetles and the Spotted Sawyer Beetle does look quite similar. I guess it has been too long since I last looked it up and got it confused with the other. I have never seen any spots on the beetles around here - solid black. I think the spotted one is found more in Pine forests and Pine is quite scarce around here.
While I was checking the insect ID sites an ad came up asking if I wanted to look at Longhorn Beetles on eBay.:lol:
I’ve seen 3 or 4 of these Longhorn Beetles in the last couple of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom