B&W RESULT:#91 Black & White Challenge

EEK! It’s September already! :eek: We’ve had, by my reckoning, 35 Black and White Challenges this year (this is the 35th), and they’ve all been wonderful, with such great images. I will now declare this one CLOSED and ask YellowRose Mary to choose her favourites. Whenever you’re ready Mary.:thumbs:

Y’all sure didn’t make this one easy. There were sooo many wonderful images! But in the end, these three stuck with me the most.

Honorable Mentions:
ImageArt Ann with herLondon Bridge Picture
zenjenny Jen for her Breath and Soul picture
GroovyGouvy Gouvy for her Clouds and Stairs picture

These were all great shots! I loved them all!

Now to the placings

Third place goes to Starzee Star for her Stone Crusher Image. This image was gritty with all the details well captured. The haunted story behind it was a big plus for me as well.

Second place goes to tomklyn Thomas for his Lightening and tractors picture. This looked like something out of a 50’s sci-fi movie to me. I could practically see the thing with a thousand eyes in it! Plus, the way he managed to capture the lightening. Mad props bro.

Now drum roll please......

First place goes to JillyG for her Ruby, in numbers and letters picture.
951EAB0D-0182-46CE-950A-B4878C372420.jpeg

This was a really unique image to me that just screamed occultic appeal. The way the lettering wrapped around the face brought a whole new dimension to it, and reminded me of something you might find at a ritual sight in an H.P. Lovecraft type story! This was beautiful and haunting at the same time to me.

Great job everybody! I look forward to next weeks content!

Last edited by a moderator:
Y’all sure didn’t make this one easy. There were sooo many wonderful images! But in the end, these three stuck with me the most.

Honorable Mentions:
ImageArt with their London Bridge Picture
zenjenny for their Breath and Soul picture
GroovyGouvy for their Clouds and Stairs picture

Now to the placings

Third place goes to Starzee for their Stone Crusher Image. This image was gritty with all the details well captured. The haunted story behind it was a big plus for me as well.

Second place goes to Tomklyn for his Lightening and tractors picture. This looked like something out of a 50’s sci-fi movie to me. I could practically see the thing with a thousand eyes in it! Plus, the way he managed to capture the lightening. Mad props bro.

View attachment 113674
This was a really unique image to me that just screamed occultic appeal. The way the lettering wrapped around the face brought a whole new dimension to it, and reminded me of something you might find at a ritual sight in an H.P. Lovecraft type story! This was beautiful and haunting at the same time to me.

Wow Mary, great job! And not just because I won.:lol: By the way, should you be up at this time in the morning?o_O Thank you for my first place. Ruby and I are thrilled.:D Big hugs to tomklyn Thomas and Starzee Star - an honour to have you as my bridesmaids.:D And well done to ImageArt Ann, zenjenny Jen and GroovyGouvy Gouvy for their Honourable Mentions. I know I say it every week (who shouted “boring”?:poutingcat:), but it was another great week in Mobi Black and White land. Super images from every one. You can all give yourself a hug. Right, me and Ruby are off to the Gallery, munching on Tangfastics (Ruby) and Skittles (me). Ahhhhhh, sugar rush!:screamcat:

Well done Jilly and whoops to all the rest. It certainly was an interesting image although I personally don't see it as occult or ritualistic, just shows you that with art we all see something different and yes Jilly, before you get all modest, it is ART :D

Well done Jilly and whoops to all the rest. It certainly was an interesting image although I personally don't see it as occult or ritualistic, just shows you that with art we all see something different and yes Jilly, before you get all modest, it is ART :D
:lol:

Honorable Mentions:

Now to the placings

Third place goes to Starzee Star for her Stone Crusher Image. This image was gritty with all the details well captured. The haunted story behind it was a big plus for me as well.

Second place goes to tomklyn Thomas for his Lightening and tractors picture. This looked like something out of a 50’s sci-fi movie to me. I could practically see the thing with a thousand eyes in it! Plus, the way he managed to capture the lightening. Mad props bro.

View attachment 113674

Excellent wrapup, Mary, and congrats to Jilly! Excellent work, everyone.

Wow Mary, great job! And not just because I won.:lol: By the way, should you be up at this time in the morning?o_O Thank you for my first place. Ruby and I are thrilled.:D Big hugs to tomklyn Thomas and Starzee Star - an honour to have you as my bridesmaids.:D And well done to ImageArt Ann, zenjenny Jen and GroovyGouvy Gouvy for their Honourable Mentions. I know I say it every week (who shouted “boring”?:poutingcat:), but it was another great week in Mobi Black and White land. Super images from every one. You can all give yourself a hug. Right, me and Ruby are off to the Gallery, munching on Tangfastics (Ruby) and Skittles (me). Ahhhhhh, sugar rush!:screamcat:

I don’t really sleep lol. I usually work overnights, then when I don’t, I have three little munchkins who like to wake up in shifts. Besides night time is nice and quite and I can get stuff done lol.

Honorable Mentions:

Now to the placings

View attachment 113674

Well done Mary, a great job in judging another extremely challenging B&W Challenge, you smashed it... :thumbs:

Congratulations m’dear, a wonderful iMage of Roobs and a worthy first place... :D

And well done all other mentions, honorable or not, and to everyone who participated and continues to particpate to make this an excellent challenge each and every week, thank you all for supporting JillyG, who does a brilliant job of keeping you all in order managing this weekly event... :notworthy:

Well done Mary, a great job in judging another extremely challenging B&W Challenge, you smashed it... :thumbs:

Congratulations m’dear, a wonderful iMage of Roobs and a worthy first place... :D

And well done all other mentions, honorable or not, and to everyone who participated and continues to particpate to make this an excellent challenge each and every week, thank you all for supporting JillyG, who does a brilliant job of keeping you all in order managing this weekly event... :notworthy:
Awww, thank you.:oops::blush:

Honorable Mentions:

Now to the placings

View attachment 113674

WELL DONE JILLY! Thanks, YellowRose for my HM and well done everybody else!

Back
Top Bottom