MobiColour RESULT: MC #101 Theme: No Theme! - January 1-7, 2018

Cobblers. Snapseed.
20180107_143803-01.jpeg

First:
zenjenny "Elmer saw monsters everywhere . . ." I keep looking at this image and keep finding new things -- faces, arms and legs, birds, trees, geometries -- all layered together harmoniously and unexpectedly, with beautiful colors. Dare to be different.

3fd12e49-4e9d-4e15-843e-979592226538-jpeg.104454

Second:
FundyBrian "Low tide at Red Head" Super perspective and low angle, complementary orange/blue colors, sculpted rock, and a ti-i-i-ny little figure in a red jacket to show you how big it all is.

img_8392-jpg.104495

Third (a three-way tie among rizole, sinnerjohn, and deepop):
rizole (bus stop photo) An abstract from real life. It grabbed me first with its asymmetric arrangement or shapes, colors, and textures and then with the puzzle of whether it's rightside up or upside down.

20171215_095901_001-01-jpeg.104324

sinnerjohn "smoosh" Another abstract from life, blurs of light in a happy arrangement, overlaid with the sharp edges of water drops on glass.

20180102175358_picture-jpg.104337

deepop "Sea of Marmara" Gorgeous color, with the familiar details of buildings and trees softened so that they provide some form but don't distract from the color.

img_1438-jpg.104531

Special mentions for the yarn bombers: zenjenny, sinnerjohn, and JillyG

First:
zenjenny "Elmer saw monsters everywhere . . ." I keep looking at this image and keep finding new things -- faces, arms and legs, birds, trees, geometries -- all layered together harmoniously and unexpectedly, with beautiful colors. Dare to be different.

Second:
FundyBrian "Low tide at Red Head" Super perspective and low angle, complementary orange/blue colors, sculpted rock, and a ti-i-i-ny little figure in a red jacket to show you how big it all is.

img_8392-jpg.104495

rizole (bus stop photo) An abstract from real life. It grabbed me first with its asymmetric arrangement or shapes, colors, and textures and then with the puzzle of whether it's rightside up or upside down.

sinnerjohn "smoosh" Another abstract from life, blurs of light in a happy arrangement, overlaid with the sharp edges of water drops on glass.

deepop "Sea of Marmara" Gorgeous color, with the familiar details of buildings and trees softened so that they provide some form but don't distract from the color.

img_1438-jpg.104531

Oh wow :D :notworthy: :oops: :inlove: *blush* *giggle* I’ve loved every image posted this week, and wished I’d thought of/made/*seen* half of them, so I’m chuffed to say the least :)

Thank you, Ted - and congrats Brian, David, Rizole & John on your superb images :thumbs: :notworthy: :thumbs:

And in honour of the unique abstract styles of David, Rizole and John (yes, how/when did that happen, John?), theme for #101 is ‘Found Abstract’.

App as much or as little as you wish, but start with a photo of a shape, an angle or something else that catches your eye.

(If you want ideas/examples, browse David’s Rizole’s and John’s past images)

Onward! :)

First:

Second:

img_8392-jpg.104495

img_1438-jpg.104531

Well done zenjenny, a smasher.
Well done John, Brian, David and all the yarn bombers and thanks for my placing. :notworthy:

Oh wow :D :notworthy: :oops: :inlove: *blush* *giggle* I’ve loved every image posted this week, and wished I’d thought of/made/*seen* half of them, so I’m chuffed to say the least :)

Thank you, Ted - and congrats Brian, David, Rizole & John on your superb images :thumbs: :notworthy: :thumbs:

And in honour of the unique abstract styles of David, Rizole and John (yes, how/when did that happen, John?), theme for #101 is ‘Found Abstract’.

App as much or as little as you wish, but start with a photo of a shape, an angle or something else that catches your eye.

(If you want ideas/examples, browse David’s Rizole’s and John’s past images)

Onward! :)
Congratulations!!!!!

First:

Second:

img_8392-jpg.104495

img_1438-jpg.104531

I’m just catching up on this now - been preoccupied. Congrats to zenjenny. I’m quite pleased to grab second. Many excellent photos this (and every) week. Congrats to rizole, sinnerjohn and deepop for their inspiring images.

Back
Top Bottom