MobiColour RESULT: MC #111 Theme: Texture - March 12-18, 2018

Hey, Jilly, I am very well :) and you? I'm so glad all of you are still here and so happy to be back with you guys! I completely neglected photography in the last period, but now I've decided to come back and try to be more consistent and accountable with the help of this great community.

Work's great, but things have been pretty hectic entire last year. After the bar exam, I got into wedding planning stuff and then got married in August :inlove:

So now I am a married attorney at law :D expecting my first child this September :inlove:
So glad to see you again, and WOW!! Congratulations!! :inlove: I’m looking forward to seeing lots of photos of your new babe... :inlove: Do you know the sex, or do you want to be surprised?

Coincidently I've just been handed a book by Edward Burtynsky as something that's "the sort of stuff you like" by a work colleague. There's some lovely stuff in there and it reminded me of the discussion on close up/far away texture further up the thread. A couple of examples, cropped but no edit.View attachment 107132 View attachment 107133
I'm not even sure at what scale this last one is on.
The first image is fascinating... could almost be an aerial shot of a mountain range.

39DB8D06-56A8-4BD1-A47D-2C6269260D00.jpeg

Dying back
Lightroom

I'm not sure how that helps. You'd want a bird that can fly. An egret perhaps.View attachment 107090
A while back I fastened my old iPod 4 with elastic bands to my old Blade 350QX quadcopter (designed for a GoPro) just so I had some aerial photos made on an iOS device. I use a time lapse app to make a picture every 10 seconds, unfortunately only 1280 x 720px. Anyhow, in the interest of quad beanie powered aerial photos here’s a couple of what I got. What I was attempting at that time was gathering several images to put together into a panorama, which I did, but it wasn’t more interesting than the individual photos. For aerial texture I would have needed to fly higher..
5E330002-9FD7-4D56-B6AD-2649F66BE5A0.jpeg

737C3016-1F04-4E4B-B9E8-F18BE8178BB5.jpeg

AAEB58B9-FE29-404B-8733-D6EB1C04EBE5.jpeg

iPod 4, time lapse @ 1280 x 720.

A while back I fastened my old iPod 4 with elastic bands to my old Blade 350QX quadcopter (designed for a GoPro) just so I had some aerial photos made on an iOS device. I use a time lapse app to make a picture every 10 seconds, unfortunately only 1280 x 720px. Anyhow, in the interest of quad beanie powered aerial photos here’s a couple of what I got. What I was attempting at that time was gathering several images to put together into a panorama, which I did, but it wasn’t more interesting than the individual photos. For aerial texture I would have needed to fly higher..
View attachment 107156
View attachment 107157
View attachment 107158

Well, it does have a very nice texture if you ask me!! And colors are so beautiful!

So glad to see you again, and WOW!! Congratulations!! :inlove: I’m looking forward to seeing lots of photos of your new babe... :inlove: Do you know the sex, or do you want to be surprised?

Thank you, Catherine :inlove: we don‘t know the sex yet, but we want to. Still too early, but at the last appointment dr made a comment that baby has „something between legs“ :D we will see! Ok, now enough of me offtopicing this thread! Waiting for more beautiful photos! :appsir:

Thank you, Catherine :inlove: we don‘t know the sex yet, but we want to. Still too early, but at the last appointment dr made a comment that baby has „something between legs“ :D we will see! Ok, now enough of me offtopicing this thread! Waiting for more beautiful photos! :appsir:
I shouldn’t worry about “off-topicing”, we do it all the time.:lol:

View attachment 107156
View attachment 107157
View attachment 107158
I’m very impressed Brian. The little iPod has focussed really well.

Isn't that exactly what it is?
To me, it first looked like an overhead shot of mountains. Then I spotted the telephone poles, and I had trouble making sense of it -- I knew it was supposed to be vertical, but it wouldn't scan (so to speak). Finally my brain caught up and it all snapped into place.

Back
Top Bottom