MobiColour RESULT: MC #124 Theme WET - June 11-17

Green Wallpaper.
20180616_203541.jpg

I read the first seven words and freaked out.

Now I have regained my composure: ‘Wet blanket’, yes ! A spoilsport, dampens the mood - Someone who (I guess) smothers the flame ?

I’m sure I recall a dishrag in there somewhere. jalaislynn had the same mother, and has a better memory for these things . . . Lynne, does ‘Wet dishrag’ ring a bell?

:) Yes!! I am often reminded of this very descriptive term - mostly in response to those saggy sort of people who slump their way through life with an expectation that others will pick up their slack…..

NOTHING like the young fellow in this image – about him I’d say: contemplative; a muse. Beautiful picture.

I admit I've been quite remiss keeping up with all of the wonderful contributions here. :grin::expressionless: I was hiking in Vermont, and yesterday hiking in New Jersey and then grocery shopping. I apologize for all of the images I didn't see or comment on... :pensive:Now zenjenny Jen has the difficult task of choosing the winner(s) for this week. But since she's a Super MobiBabe I know she'll make it all seem easy. :notworthy:

I admit I've been quite remiss keeping up with all of the wonderful contributions here. :grin::expressionless: I was hiking in Vermont, and yesterday hiking in New Jersey and then grocery shopping. I apologize for all of the images I didn't see or comment on... :pensive:Now zenjenny Jen has the difficult task of choosing the winner(s) for this week. But since she's a Super MobiBabe I know she'll make it all seem easy. :notworthy:

Just watch me ! :mobibabe: :inlove:

:eek:

I need two posts for my learned comments this week:

I’ve had a short list of six for the longest time (and that’s artists, not images :eek:) You all know how it goes, so I’ll spare you the histrionics:

It’s rizole and ImageArt. These two have been winning so often lately that I can’t keep track. So would whomever has had the longest rest from judging please take the judging baton into MC#125?

Of all rizole’s beautiful images — the macros, the unusual, the sobering, the clever, the uber-composed — I could not get past the sheer joyfulness I saw/felt in this mini series around the pavilion. The little girls look to be at the age where they might be too cool to dance, blow bubbles and generally be kids. The boy absorbed in his hand and foot prints equally a joy to behold. Thanks for the heart-warm, rizole :inlove:

AA1279B9-02B7-40CD-B9C4-373F338FBDCC.jpeg

Ann is on a roll lately. Remember how she was feeling all uninspired and travel-deprived (five minutes after returning from her world tour :lmao:) ? Her recent Africa adventure seems to have cured all that — we’ve been seeing fabulous abstracts, black & whites (remember those umbrellas?) and of course her recent win in MC. I love the clean spare composition that draws the eyes to the the shell and the duck respectively (those ripples . . . ). ‘Play Misty For Me’ is a superb image — beautifully composed, wonderful light and depth (don’t you want to look further in and up?) — and a softness that I find very moving. Those big leaves in the centre opening up to the light . . .

Extra points for the best ho ho title for ‘Clammy’

58C23536-6297-46A9-B910-7DCEA3F6ED45.jpeg

No 2nd and 3rd this week - a girl has her limits. HMs to follow.

I’ve had a short list of six for the longest time (and that’s artists, not images :eek:) You all know how it goes, so I’ll spare you the histrionics:

It’s rizole and ImageArt. These two have been winning so often lately that I can’t keep track. So would whomever has had the longest rest from judging please take the judging baton into MC#125?

Of all rizole’s beautiful images — the macros, the unusual, the sobering, the clever, the uber-composed — I could not get past the sheer joyfulness I saw/felt in this mini series around the pavilion. The little girls look to be at the age where they might be too cool to dance, blow bubbles and generally be kids. The boy absorbed in his hand and foot prints equally a joy to behold. Thanks for the heart-warm, rizole :inlove:

View attachment 110849

Ann is on a roll lately. Remember how she was feeling all uninspired and travel-deprived (five minutes after returning from her world tour :lmao:) ? Her recent Africa adventure seems to have cured all that — we’ve been seeing fabulous abstracts, black & whites (remember those umbrellas?) and of course her recent win in MC. I love the clean spare composition that draws the eyes to the the shell and the duck respectively (those ripples . . . ). ‘Play Misty For Me’ is a superb image — beautifully composed, wonderful light and depth (don’t you want to look further in and up?) — and a softness that I find very moving. Those big leaves in the centre opening up to the light . . .

View attachment 110850

Great picks -- I'd call it a draw too. :thumbs: and :notworthy: to rizole and ImageArt both!

View attachment 110849

View attachment 110850

Thanks, Jen. You are so right. I need these adventures to keep me alive. Woking is...well...Woking. There’s only so many pictures I can take of my garden! You will have to wait for November to get my next rush of enthusiasm.

Well done, rizole - from your fan club :notworthy:. Definitely Sam’s turn this time to do the judging.

Back
Top Bottom