MobiColour RESULT: MC #127 Theme: Summer Time - July 2-8, 2018

mightyMythos.jpg

there's always Mythos - vsco

Capitola Beach, early summer morning
In a couple of hours, the beach will be packed, but mornings are often foggy and cold here in the summer, so beach life doesn't pick up until late morning on weekdays. If you brave the gray chill, you can have the place almost to yourself for a few hours.

View attachment 111375

View attachment 111376
There’s nothing I like more than an empty, cool beach. :inlove: I can’t lay around in beating sun for very long at all... :barf:

Summer = Kayaking.
CA322773-A77F-4803-9DF9-0FAB90BB826B.jpeg

I especially enjoy kayaking along the Fundy cliffs, between big rocks, or just looking up at the cliffs. The shore is the end of our land world and the beginning of the water world. At this meeting place the basic elements are emphasized: Sky, Rock, Water. I can only be a visitor to the water world.
The shadow line you can see on the forward deck is the control line that controls the rotation of the bow camera mount. Sometimes it’s a GoPro and sometimes an iPhone. When it was my iPhone 6 it was mounted in a waterproof HitCase.

Summer = Kayaking.
View attachment 111403
I especially enjoy kayaking along the Fundy cliffs, between big rocks, or just looking up at the cliffs. The shore is the end of our land world and the beginning of the water world. At this meeting place the basic elements are emphasized: Sky, Rock, Water. I can only be a visitor to the water world.
The shadow line you can see on the forward deck is the control line that controls the rotation of the bow camera mount. Sometimes it’s a GoPro and sometimes an iPhone. When it was my iPhone 6 it was mounted in a waterproof HitCase.
Sunrise ceremony on the way to Owl’s Head
View attachment 111404
This time the GoPro is mounted as the bow camera. Holding the iPhone in my hand gives me greater freedom for composition.
Ah yes.... summer kayaking in Fundy. Lovely.

Paddling around the Bon Ami Rocks, off Inch Arran point at Dalhousie, NB, Canada.
D2E647E6-2683-4305-AD9B-2CFDFBCFA379.jpeg

We enjoy visiting Dalhousie during the Bon Ami Festival. Certain areas of the town get busy but morning out on the water is very peaceful. It seems the powerboat people all like to sleep in.

Paddling around the Bon Ami Rocks, off Inch Arran point at Dalhousie, NB, Canada.
View attachment 111406
We enjoy visiting Dalhousie during the Bon Ami Festival. Certain areas of the town get busy but morning out on the water is very peaceful. It seems the powerboat people all like to sleep in.
Look at all those.... cormorants?

Ahhh, I thought so. In a previous life, I used to be the tripod with a sandbag on my head on which to rest an enormous lens. I used to have to take a deep breath and hold it so that I didn’t shake the camera.:rolleyes:

Do you have photos, by any chance? :appsir:

Thank you.
Yes, as well as the 3 cameras and umpteen lenses and filters she feels it necessary to lug a couple of kilograms of sand around in the shape of a frog too.
I am a little bit envious of her equipment but console myself with the knowledge my equipment weighs less than the bag she lugs it all around in and I can comfortably forget all I used to know about f stops and isos and just shoot.

Oh... and camera manuals.... she's never happy unless she can mutter curses under her breath as she rifles through the manuals trying to find out why this and that don't work.

Sounds like your friend Jade has a very holistic, inclusive and comprehensive approach to photography qua photography. Does she take many photos?

Back
Top Bottom