MobiColour RESULT: MC #127 Theme: Summer Time - July 2-8, 2018

View attachment 111543

July in the Santa Cruz mountains: 94° F in the effing shade

You Californians are such babies :alien:

I went to Whyalla once (I hope never to go again). It’s in the desert, straight up from Adelaide, which is approx middle of south coast. 52 C in the effing shade. The town was a shipbuilding centre - ie quite populated by an industry people thought would last forever. So I can’t begin to imagine how it never occurred to the councils or residents to plant and nurture a whole lot of indigenous trees and shrubs. Though it’s pretty much the same in our urban areas - hardly any houses have water tanks or solar panels. Houses built with no thought to orientation or other climate-friendly factors. I reckon if we ever lose power on a big scale, people living in our massive air conditioned Mac-mansions will become extinct.

You Californians are such babies :alien:

I went to Whyalla once (I hope never to go again). It’s in the desert, straight up from Adelaide, which is approx middle of south coast. 52 C in the effing shade. The town was a shipbuilding centre - ie quite populated by an industry people thought would last forever. So I can’t begin to imagine how it never occurred to the councils or residents to plant and nurture a whole lot of indigenous trees and shrubs. Though it’s pretty much the same in our urban areas - hardly any houses have water tanks or solar panels. Houses built with no thought to orientation or other climate-friendly factors. I reckon if we ever lose power on a big scale, people living in our massive air conditioned Mac-mansions will become extinct.
:eek: !!!

A quick post. Summertime is festival time here. Especially ancient castles and ruins here have their open air stages. I was at Bad Vilbel on Thursday and attended the play “Außer Kontrolle” (out of control) by Ray Cooney. It’s at the Wasserburg (water castle) and they play several different plays there and also comedy and music shows. Will go again in September to see another. :)
This picture is a triple blend of the ticket, location and the final curtain in Snapseed (double blend and again) and UltraPop.

DA9707C4-EDC8-4670-996C-74FBE05DC4A4.jpeg

A quick post. Summertime is festival time here. Especially ancient castles and ruins here have their open air stages. I was at Bad Vilbel on Thursday and attended the play “Außer Kontrolle” (out of control) by Ray Cooney. It’s at the Wasserburg (water castle) and they play several different plays there and also comedy and music shows. Will go again in September to see another. :)
This picture is a triple blend of the ticket, location and the final curtain in Snapseed (double blend and again) and UltraPop.

View attachment 111557
Such a clever edit Gouvy! I love this. And how fun to attend a play at a castle. :hearteyes:

View attachment 111557
Lovely - and the triple blend makes a great keepsake :)

Back
Top Bottom