MobiColour RESULT: MC #129 Theme: Movement - July 16-22, 2018

Macro gif. A couple of springtails crawling around the inside of a broken egg shell. You can see the edge of the shell for scale. I'll use a tripod next time.
View attachment 112096

Just love micro cosmos. It always surprises me what is there and then being aware that these lints have intestines and a heart like any other creature – well, most of them, depends how deep you dive into … :)

So all the videos I’m seeing are gifs or YouTube links?
Essentially, yes. You can upload a moving GIF directly, but you can only link to a video file posted elsewhere (YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, and three other sites I don't remember at the moment). I think everything (or almost everything) moving in this thread is a GIF.

To link to a video, you use the Embed Media button on the toolbar, third from the left below:

upload_2018-7-22_12-58-12.jpeg

Essentially, yes. You can upload a moving GIF directly, but you can only link to a video file posted elsewhere (YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, and three other sites I don't remember at the moment). I think everything (or almost everything) moving in this thread is a GIF.

To link to a video, you use the Embed Media button on the toolbar, third from the left below:

View attachment 112118
Thanks. Videos aren’t my thing, but I was curious.

Just love micro cosmos. It always surprises me what is there and then being aware that these lints have intestines and a heart like any other creature – well, most of them, depends how deep you dive into … :)
Yes. Have you seen Hollow by Bjork? I'm not sure I like the song too much but the video fascinates me.

Here it goes. First of all, I decided that I’m not going to post any more photos for these challenges any time soon, because I’m terrible at judging and picking favorites :lmao: (just being a bit dramatic). The truth is, I really enjoy how people have fun with these challenges and am usually surprised with how many different interpretations you can get with one particular theme.

I absolutely loved those like GroovyGouvy and rizole who posted photos os artistic movements and not motion movements. Would not have thought about it myself :)

So, the difficult part now, because I was very undecided of which to choose but, this photo caught my eye since I first saw it and it’s gotta be the winner: JillyG caroussel. I love the colors, the motion, the lady in the background and the whole thing. I don’t know how to insert the photos here, sorry about that.

E87702A4-F571-45B4-9DD6-E5BA7F1BB566.jpeg

Second place with a broken heart because it was the one competing very closely for the first is terse photo of the gorgeous feline tail movement. I absolutely love that pic! We can consider it a second first place :D:inlove: Your waterfall photo is also very beautiful.

931EA212-616B-4782-9099-64C06EB500FC.jpeg

Last but not least, third place goes to FundyBrian snow gif. Gorgeous and I felt like I was in the scene for a brief second :) Also your other photo of the waterfront is quite cool.

View attachment 111985

A special mention to rizole first photo of the water running from the pipes. Love the edit.

Thank you all for participating! Now it’s up to JillyG to take over for this week. I’ll see you guys in my 365 challenge :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here it goes. First of all, I decided that I’m not going to post any more photos for these challenges any time soon, because I’m terrible at judging and picking favorites :lmao: (just being a bit dramatic). The truth is, I really enjoy how people have fun with these challenges and am usually surprised with how many different interpretations you can get with one particular theme.

I absolutely loved those like GroovyGouvy and rizole who posted photos os artistic movements and not motion movements. Would not have thought about it myself :)

So, the difficult part now, because I was very undecided of which to choose but, this photo caught my eye since I first saw it and it’s gotta be the winner: JillyG caroussel. I love the colors, the motion, the lady in the background and the whole thing. I don’t know how to insert the photos here, sorry about that.

Second place with a broken heart because it was the one competing very closely for the first is terse photo of the gorgeous feline tail movement. I absolutely love that pic! We can consider it a second first place :D:inlove: Your waterfall photo is also very beautiful.

Last but not least, third place goes to FundyBrian snow gif. Gorgeous and I felt like I was in the scene for a brief second :) Also your other photo of the waterfront is quite cool.

A special mention to rizole first photo of the water running from the pipes. Love the edit.

Thank you all for participating! Now it’s up to JillyG to take over for this week. I’ll see you guys in my 365 challenge :lmao:

Eh? What? Me?:oops: Wow, thank you so much Juliana. :D It’s a surprise - I wasn’t going to put it in at all because, like FundyBrian mentioned, I would have preferred the whirr to be smooth. But I’m glad I did now. Well done to @Hodge and terse Ted for Second First.:D And slaps on the back to FundyBrian Brian for his marvellous gifs. There was some great innovative takes on the theme this week. Soooooo, should we have a theme or not? Let me think. Be right back!

Eh? What? Me?:oops: Wow, thank you so much Juliana. :D It’s a surprise - I wasn’t going to put it in at all because, like FundyBrian mentioned, I would have preferred the whirr to be smooth. But I’m glad I did now. Well done to @Hodge and terse Ted for Second First.:D And slaps on the back to FundyBrian Brian for his marvellous gifs. There was some great innovative takes on the theme this week. Soooooo, should we have a theme or not? Let me think. Be right back!
Glad you did indeed! ;)

View attachment 112133

It was my winner as well so great choice younger and the whirr (?) JillyG is perfect as it is :thumbs:
Yay to all the others dudes and dudettes :D

I agree with John, JillyG - lovely image: and the apparent stillness of the woman inside all that motion really adds. . . something . . . and my words are jumbling and I’m feeling a bit faint, I can’t think why....
Because the carousel was made for children and you shouldn’t be on it! :eek: Off now, before you fall off.:rolleyes:

View attachment 112133

View attachment 112135

View attachment 111985

Good choices. Well done JillyG, terse and FundyBrian . Quality stuff.
Thanks for the kind words younger and well done everyone.

View attachment 112133

View attachment 112135

View attachment 111985

Thank you Juliana, I'm honored to be placed so close to Jilly's wonderful photo, and Hodge is chuffed that you recognized the beauty of his tail. Congrats to Brian, Gouvy, rizole, and everyone who went motion mad this week.

View attachment 112133

View attachment 112135

View attachment 111985

What a great job, younger , I know how hard it is. Thanks for the mention beside rizole which makes me very proud. :)
Hooooooray for JillyG and I’m eager so see what’s the new theme. :inlove:
Congrats to the runner ups (or is it runners up?) for Octopussy terse and the Cling-bird FundyBrian :inlove:

View attachment 112133

View attachment 112135

View attachment 111985

Wonderful judging Juliana!! You took the reins and rode into the sunset!! :thumbs: :D (Sorry I’m really tired from lack of sleep.....) CONGRATS JillyG !! I just love that image too... well deserved. :inlove:

High fives and woot-woots to placers terse Ted and FundyBrian, and HM rizole!! You guys rock!! :appsir:

View attachment 112133

View attachment 112135

View attachment 111985

Great job, Juliana. Your theme inspired lots of wonderful interpretations. Congrats to JillyG for her excellent carousel photo. It’s true that the stationary people added an important element to the motion. Well done!
Congrats to terse - that uniquely feline graceful twitchiness of Hodge’s tail signals was a perfect choice for motion.
I’m glad you liked my mini blizzard for third, thank you.
High fives to rizole and GroovyGouvy for their special mentions.

These challenges are a lot of fun and there’s good opportunities for learning new things along the way. I think I especially like a challenging theme to get everyone thinking and reaching a bit.

Back
Top Bottom