MobiColour RESULT: MC #129 Theme: Movement - July 16-22, 2018

Thank you Brian. The 10" bar clamp device sounds like a great idea. I use a gorilla pod, and a larger bendy-leg tripod, to "securely" attach to poles, handrails, and other objects, but I am still bordering on panic when someone walks by and everything shakes. In my minds eye I see my iPhone plummeting to its death on the rocks below. Ugh. Now I won't sleep tonight ;)
There’s a picture of the clamp here:
https://mobitog.com/threads/diy-clamp-mount.23342/
For your Gorilla pod you need a Velcro strap to wrap around it and the post for added security.

Apparetly not.

I did not go about this photo in the best way. Not having the good sense to stop I wrestled the phone from my front pocket, unlocked the lock screen, found the camera app and took the photo all while going along the bike path.
:lol: :notworthy:

6305C2D2-6CBC-4D05-B0E4-FF90A4CCDAAB.jpeg

Waterfall
Lightroom, using the not-ready-for prime-time long exposure function at 5 seconds

View attachment 111993
My beloved Barney - something that this challenge and maybe a few other threads have taught me is that I'm rubbish at images with movement in them. You have manual control on the Samsung and I've been faffing about with it all week to no avail. So anyway this is Barney who never stays still while awake. I'm holding one of his balls........huh? Well I am :rolleyes:
There looks to be a hint of Staffie in Barney which I’ve not noticed before. I think giving the impression of “movement” is actually really difficult in an image that doesn’t move (ie a gif). Anyway, Barney is adorable and I think my ears might stick out if you were holding one of my balls (if I had any).

Not sure this will show the movement here....I used the “Loop” feature in the native camera app.

View attachment 112003

Edit: Nope. :( Not sure you can upload a moving image?
I did some reading. Loop exports as a gif or movie file. I think mobitog supports gif so could it be you've ended up with a movie?
Here's a gif for proof of concept.
200w.gif

There looks to be a hint of Staffie in Barney which I’ve not noticed before. I think giving the impression of “movement” is actually really difficult in an image that doesn’t move (ie a gif). Anyway, Barney is adorable and I think my ears might stick out if you were holding one of my balls (if I had any).
balls :lmao:
Its been said before about staffie, but I'm not sure. He was at the vets Saturday and she described him as a miniature Labrador !!

Not sure this will show the movement here....I used the “Loop” feature in the native camera app.

View attachment 112003

Edit: Nope. :( Not sure you can upload a moving image?
Use ImgPlay to convert your Live Photo to a motion GIF. You also run into the file size limitation around 7MB so you need to either reduce the size of the GIF to medium in the ImgPlay output selections or reduce the number of frames (in the first section of ImgPlay to about 12) and then you can use the highest size/quality setting and still be under the 7MB limit. In the first edit window of ImgPlay after you have imported your live photo it will show the total number of frames it has. There will be a yellow frame around your Live Photo showing the total number of video frames it has. At both ends there is a handle on the yellow frame you can drag towards the middle a bit to make the number of frames shorter . It’s a balancing act to pick the start and end points to make a seamless loop You can slide your entire yellow frame left and right along your video frames while keeping the total number of frames the same. When you are happy with the effect got to “next” where you get your output size and quality settings. Try the best quality and size first to see if it is below 7MB. If it doesn’t fit you either need to use the medium output size or reduce the number of frames and try again. Usually, 12 frames will work OK, depending on the motion. You can also use ImgPlay to convert your Live Photo to a short video for other sites that don’t support motion GIF, like FaceBook.

Speed Shopping.
08704795-7951-4789-9F22-F0C74475C7D2.jpeg

iPhone 6, some sort of slow shutter app - not shown in metadata. I had my iPhone attached to the handle of the shopping cart with a clip-on spring clip (which I also use on an umbrella handle). The smooth floor of a grocery store is prefect for time exposures while rolling along the aisles. You can tell they had a special on Breton crackers that day :cool:.

Who goes there?
7F4092CF-865C-44CA-8A21-D2C2DF752D37.jpeg

NightCap Pro in Light Trails mode. Trails of people walking along the waterfront boardwalk in Saint-Anne-de-Bellevue, Quebec. Photographed from a pedestrian walkway up to bridge level. I especially like the phantom white footsteps made by a person wearing dark clothes except for white shoes. I posted this photo once before in a discussion thread about slow exposures. This part of the boardwalk goes by the Saint-Annes locks, for boats to avoid the rapids under the bridge. The locks are just out of the frame to the lower right. The rapids are outside the frame to the right. Boaters from up and down the river stop in Saint-Annes for the restaurants and night life, and to show off their fancy boats. Except for that, Saint-Annes is a small university town. This is where the Ottawa River meets the Saint Lawrence River.

Speed Shopping.
View attachment 112006
iPhone 6, some sort of slow shutter app - not shown in metadata. I had my iPhone attached to the handle of the shopping cart with a clip-on spring clip (which I also use on an umbrella handle). The smooth floor of a grocery store is prefect for time exposures while rolling along the aisles. You can tell they had a special on Breton crackers that day :cool:.
:D This makes me smile... The image makes me think you’re madly flying through the aisles, throwing items into your cart in manic glee.

Back
Top Bottom