MobiColour RESULT: MC #156 Theme: NO THEME - January 21-27, 2019

Lookout Duty
01AA6BD5-6F5B-46CF-AC11-546D7C3AC4FD.jpeg

Huawei P20 Pro, Snapseed

View attachment 119614

First daffodil of the year
ACDSee Pro
I don't think of California as having seasons but looking at a map I see it's not as far south as I thought, it's still in the temperate zone. Even Florida doesn't get down to the tropics I see.

Bill Hicks is perhaps to blame for my mis-perception.

Los Angeles, every day, hot and sunny, today, hot and sunny, tomorrow, hot and, for the rest of the… hot and sunny, every single day, hot and sunny. And they love it.
“Isn’t great, every day, hot and sunny?”
What are you, a ******** lizard?
Only reptiles feel that way about this kind of weather. I’m a mammal, I can afford coats, scarves, cappuccino and rosy cheeked women.

These are the first flowers of the season here that I've seen. They've been out maybe a week, 10 days.
20190120_130326-01.jpeg

I don't think of California as having seasons but looking at a map I see it's not as far south as I thought, it's still in the temperate zone. Even Florida doesn't get down to the tropics I see.

Los Angeles, every day, hot and sunny, today, hot and sunny, tomorrow, hot and, for the rest of the… hot and sunny, every single day, hot and sunny. And they love it.
Only reptiles feel that way about this kind of weather. I’m a mammal, I can afford coats, scarves, cappuccino and rosy cheeked women.

These are the first flowers of the season here that I've seen. They've been out maybe a week, 10 days.
View attachment 119706
Funny you should post this. I took a pic of some this morning.

View attachment 119706
Oooo.... Snowdrops? Those are one of my all time fave flowers... I’m not sure we get them here, or I’ve just not come across these beauties. :inlove:

Northern Cali is quite different than the Southern portion. Some areas get snow. San Francisco is very much like Seattle/England (England’s weather reminds me very much of Western Washington). Santa Monica, which is more south, is basically 72° and sunny every single day (my friend moved there for a couple years and every time I checked the weather app, that was the weather, no matter the month, and when I visited it was the same). I think Bill Hicks description of LA is pretty accurate.

I don't think of California as having seasons
It does have seasons, but they're not as marked as in the east, and it's dry and brown in the summer and wet and green in the winter. It's a big (and long!) state, though, so it has lots of different climates, from deserts in the south to rainforests in the north, with serious mountains along the eastern side and big flat valleys down the middle. A lot more of the south would be desert if it weren't for irrigation and huge amounts of water tapped from the north and from the Colorado River.

Back
Top Bottom