MobiColour RESULT: MC #25 THEME: Curves - July 18-24

Actually as long as the photo is sharp (and if it's a close up it doesn't even need to be sharp) and there is an interesting subject in it, there isn't anything you can't do and I see photo manipulation as an art form on it's own - a different art form from photography. It's n

The Result
View attachment 80081
View attachment 80082

I'd love a tutorial one of these days Ann (now you can do six cherries at once.....?). I love that kind of collage and I've never done it - I reckon a video or a ImageArt walk through would be just the thing to get me started : )

deepop David's Decim8'd Extension Cord

View attachment 80089

I love the simplicity... that you really don't know *what* it is, and then the knowing that it's an ordinary extension cord, well..... :inlove:

Second Runner Up with 3 images I love is terse Ted:

Asleep for the Summer

View attachment 80092

Curlicues

View attachment 80090

AM

View attachment 80091

Third Runner Up is psmoore Paul's uber sleek and minimalist
Gateway Arch:

View attachment 80093

Honorable Mentions to:

zenjenny for her gorgeous abstract art piece Kangaroo Dreaming:

View attachment 80094

rizole's Curved Space - fab angle and depiction of the theme, and the blur of the little girl running is perfect...

View attachment 80095

Special Mention to GroovyGouvy and her artist's eye, who always so creatively discovers wonderful images to fit any theme! Loved all of your many and varied swoops and curves. :D

CONGRATULATIONS everyone!!!!! :D :D :D

Now..... deepop David, please choose the theme (or not) for next week! :thumbs: The new challenge can be found by clicking HERE.
Wow! I'm honored to be chosen in this week's megaChallenge. So many photos, so little time. Splendid job Cat. Kudos to Ted,Paul, Jen, Rizole.
(I'll own up that I'm also a little sheepish that after all this discussion triggered by our Prisma use that this week's winner involved another manipulative app, Decim8. I guess I fall out on the photo manipulation side of things.)

(I'll own up that I'm also a little sheepish that after all this discussion triggered by our Prisma use that this week's winner involved another manipulative app, Decim8. I guess I fall out on the photo manipulation side of things.)
You shouldn't feel sheepish at all... most all of us use "manipulative" apps when editing, for many wide and varied reasons, with many wide and varied results. It's a fabulous image, and that's all that really matters. :thumbs:

Now... the BURNING QUESTION: Will there be a theme for next week?? :sneaky:

I'd love a tutorial one of these days Ann (now you can do six cherries at once.....?). I love that kind of collage and I've never done it - I reckon a video or a ImageArt walk through would be just the thing to get me started : )

Oh, how I would love that. :inlove: Please please pretty please ImageArt Ann.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Wow! I'm honored to be chosen in this week's megaChallenge. So many photos, so little time. Splendid job Cat. Kudos to Ted,Paul, Jen, Rizole.

No, don't be sheepish (where's Dolly when you need her?). I consider even using Snapseed is a "manipulation" - not like the old days with cameras that took a photo and you got what you got (and wasn't it exciting when you got them back from the developer (assuming you didn't do your own), and you found that you'd cut everyone's head off or you'd taken photos of your feet). Your image was gorgeous and a worthy winner.

Congratulations to deepop, terse and psmoore for perfect winners! [emoji471][emoji471][emoji471]

Congrats to zenjenny and rizole! Liked those, too. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji1]

Thanks for mentioning me, made me proud. Thanks. [emoji7] I see even you couldn't decide which one's the best. [emoji1]

And also congratulations for all posters, that are all winners, too. Soooo many fantastic pictures in here!

And thanks to RoseCat, that was a pretty nice and very hard job. Congrats you've made it. [emoji106]

Congratulations to deepop, terse and psmoore for perfect winners! [emoji471][emoji471][emoji471]

Congrats to zenjenny and rizole! Liked those, too. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji1]

Thanks for mentioning me, made me proud. Thanks. [emoji7] I see even you couldn't decide which one's the best. [emoji1]

And also congratulations for all posters, that are all winners, too. Soooo many fantastic pictures in here!

And thanks to RoseCat, that was a pretty nice and very hard job. Congrats you've made it. [emoji106]
As Gouvy said, word by word! :cool:

So, to tackle this curvy monster, I started at Page 1 of 10 and started scrolling through, page by page. If something popped out at me/caught my eye, I saved it to my desktop. Interestingly, once I reached page 10 and then looked at what I'd saved, the overwhelming majority fall into the style of "everyday objects as abstract" - not a coincidence that this particular *theme* is a personal favorite of my own image making, and further proof (as if we needed it) that choosing winners is purely subjective.

Then came the immensely difficult decision to choose a winner out of all these images that I loved.... :eek:

Thank you for the mention RoseCat. I thought deepop's cords were a winner when I first saw them Way to go, David! And congrats to the rest of us, too.:thumbs:

I happened to go to,the Gateway Arch in St Louis this past week andhave some curve shots!! All are SOOC iPhone 6s Plus.]

View attachment 80059

View attachment 80060

View attachment 80061

View attachment 80062
Congrats to all. Paul, I have several Gateway Arch images from May. It never occurred to submit them. Here's a similar one.

image.jpeg

I think Prisma is a great app actually, lots of fun.......but !

Congrats deepop David, lots of great images this week.

I reckon it's all in the naming, John - our brain hurts when we add something to a category that's been comfortably in place for ages. I like Ann's & Catherine's terms plus a few others I've heard - digital art, photo manipulation, iphoneography, blah blah. And for me your term is the key: 'fun'.

So, to tackle this curvy monster, I started at Page 1 of 10 and started scrolling through, page by page. If something popped out at me/caught my eye, I saved it to my desktop. Interestingly, once I reached page 10 and then looked at what I'd saved, the overwhelming majority fall into the style of "everyday objects as abstract" - not a coincidence that this particular *theme* is a personal favorite of my own image making, and further proof (as if we needed it) that choosing winners is purely subjective.

Then came the immensely difficult decision to choose a winner out of all these images that I loved.... :eek:

....and, this week's Winner of the MobiColor Challenge is.....................

deepop David's Decim8'd Extension Cord

View attachment 80089

I love the simplicity... that you really don't know *what* it is, and then the knowing that it's an ordinary extension cord, well..... :inlove:

Second Runner Up with 3 images I love is terse Ted:

Asleep for the Summer

View attachment 80092

Curlicues

View attachment 80090

AM

View attachment 80091

Third Runner Up is psmoore Paul's uber sleek and minimalist
Gateway Arch:

View attachment 80093

Honorable Mentions to:

zenjenny for her gorgeous abstract art piece Kangaroo Dreaming:

View attachment 80094

rizole's Curved Space - fab angle and depiction of the theme, and the blur of the little girl running is perfect...

View attachment 80095

Special Mention to GroovyGouvy and her artist's eye, who always so creatively discovers wonderful images to fit any theme! Loved all of your many and varied swoops and curves. :D

CONGRATULATIONS everyone!!!!! :D :D :D

Now..... deepop David, please choose the theme (or not) for next week! :thumbs: The new challenge can be found by clicking HERE.
Well done, deepop! And well done to terse, psmoore and zenjenny. All great images.

I don't have any simple answers.I totally agree with what you're both saying, yet personally I can't shake the feeling (not at all rational and somewhat Puritanical)that Prisma is a gimmick. Perhaps "owning" my photo is not the correct word. I think I enjoy the editing process more when I've made usually multiple decisions to edit my photo, which I almost always do before or after applying an "artistic filter" such as Prisma. If I happen to luck out on a photo that doesn't need editing I certainly don't feel any less attachment to that one as opposed to the multitude that I feel can benefit from editing. Having said all this I still freely continue to use Prisma. Go figure. I guess all I really meant to say is I can understand John's point view.
Yes, actually when it comes to some of these auto painters I have to agree. I mean it doesn't take any skill does it? I have to say that I prefer not to use them, firstly because there is no creative process - it's done for you - and I don't want my art to look like everybody else's.

Yes, actually when it comes to some of these auto painters I have to agree. I mean it doesn't take any skill does it? I have to say that I prefer not to use them, firstly because there is no creative process - it's done for you - and I don't want my art to look like everybody else's.
That's why iColorama is so special. It's got a gazillion filters/styles and you control every one of them, so no two images will ever look the same. I just need to master it.... :confused: o_O

That's why iColorama is so special. It's got a gazillion filters/styles and you control every one of them, so no two images will ever look the same. I just need to master it.... :confused: o_O
What I was trying say (but with less success)

Back
Top Bottom