MobiColour RESULT: MC #25 THEME: Curves - July 18-24

It is, and I was going to post it first. Then one of those weird blend modes in iColorama (difference, negation, one of those) changed the color. Once the Celestial Railroad appeared, I couldn't let it go.:rolleyes::lmao:

Question: is it better than waterlogue or Brushstrokes. Still hesitating to get it. Maybe I'll try if they accept me for beta. [emoji106]
Thanks for the hint, though I forgot whom to thank, as I can't see the whole thread, after quoting a post.
But I can edit: thanks deepop. [emoji4]

image.jpeg

BeCasso can make a very ordinary image look interesting. See below.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
But isn't BeCasso just another Prisma type app, turn your photo into an oil painting tra la la la la......
True, at least generally, and also like Waterlogue, Brushstroke, and many others. I think one difference between BeCasso and Prisma is that BeCasso gives you much more control of the final result. With Prisma, you can choose an effect to use and you can fade its application, but that's it. With BeCasso watercolor, on the other hand, you can control edge width, wetness, color intensity, and some other variables.

And you can also run the resulting image through other apps, like iColorama, so that BeCasso becomes just one layer in your processing stack.

To me, it feels pretty much the same as when I run an image through ACDSee or Camera Noir to create a b/w version (something I just finished doing, coincidentally).

True, at least generally, and also like Waterlogue, Brushstroke, and many others. I think one difference between BeCasso and Prisma is that BeCasso gives you much more control of the final result. With Prisma, you can choose an effect to use and you can fade its application, but that's it. With BeCasso watercolor, on the other hand, you can control edge width, wetness, color intensity, and some other variables.

And you can also run the resulting image through other apps, like iColorama, so that BeCasso becomes just one layer in your processing stack.

To me, it feels pretty much the same as when I run an image through ACDSee or Camera Noir to create a b/w version (something I just finished doing, coincidentally).

And there's oil, too. Some of these effects look like Glaze. But you can even change the original to retro or b&w, before or after you've chosen the paint effect. It's quite nice. And the structures of the aquarelle presets are great. Or are those inApps that come with test app? [emoji15]

But isn't BeCasso just another Prisma type app, turn your photo into an oil painting tra la la la la......
I agree. All these apps can take a less than interesting photo and make it more appealing to the eye.If the photo is unedited except for what the app filter applies, that seems less like I "own" the photo, as opposed to doing my own editing before and/or after the filter is applied (the editing being what I would do with most photos that I post.)

What? No "chomp chomp chomp then-spit-seed-out-in-hand"?? That's my method..... :lol:
Well, my DH has them for breakfast with his yoghurt and nuts and that's not quite the same and then you have the danger of chomping a pip when you think it's a nut. I stew them a little as well with a bit of sugar and I have to say it is one of my favourite breakfasts which I will now partake in more frequently rather than leaving them for the DH!

So I got to tell you that this little gadget is the business! Instead of taking me a good 20+ minutes to do, it was all done in 5 minutes with no stained hands. I removed the pips after each pitting to make sure that I had 6 each time. Sometimes, they clung to the bottom of the cherry. I don't know how robust it is and whether it will weather a significant amount of usage but at the moment I am WELL happy. My days of drudgery are over!

Pimped in BeCasso
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I agree. All these apps can take a less than interesting photo and make it more appealing to the eye.If the photo is unedited except for what the app filter applies, that seems less like I "own" the photo, as opposed to doing my own editing before and/or after the filter is applied (the editing being what I would do with most photos that I post.)

Is 'your own editing' cropping, adjustments to light & contrast etc? As opposed to, say, adding a layer of something (filter, texture)?

My own photography/editing experience started with the iPad - ie has never been distinct from any other form of digital art. So the resources I draw on to make my images don't affect my sense of ownership. I wonder how different that would be for me if I had a history of using a camera.

minutes with no stained hands. I removed the pips after each pitting to make sure that I had 6 each time. Sometimes, they clung to the bottom of the cherry. I don't know how robust it is and whether it will weather a significant amount of usage but at the moment I am WELL happy. My days of drudgery are over!

Pimped in BeCasso
View attachment 80054
View attachment 80055
Never seen such a thing. Seems to leave the cherry pretty much in one piece, too?
Right. Less drudgery = more art. :thumbs:

Hmm. If I take a photo I like and post it without editing, or perhaps only with cropping, I certainly feel that it's mine. How does it become less mine by passing it through a further app? It still feels like mine to me. It may be less good than it was before, if I make a poor choice of filters and don't have the eye to recognize it, but that's a different matter. My screw-ups are as much mine as my successes.

Back
Top Bottom