MobiColour RESULT: MC #55 Theme: Derelict - Feb 13-19, 2017

Another tough week to judge and as usual a high standard from the Mobitog community. There was a clear winner for me although lots of others I agonised over. I wanted to give honerable mentions to everybody!

FIRST
In the end Starzee's wonderful photo really had to be first choice. Looks like an old painting of a seriously derelict house.

IMG_2041.JPG

SECOND
I saw deepop's photo before Star's and I thought 'that's it, that's the winner'. My love of art came out with this choice. It could be an abstract piece of art. Tell me, David, did you photograph it just like this or did you combine two photos? Either way, it's very clever.
IMG_2039.JPG

THIRD
Next, Kmenglee's photo of the house with the tree was fascinating. I initially thought that the tree was intertwined in the building but on closer inspection, I realised it was just a fallen tree.

IMG_2042.JPG

And then I loved rizole's peeling paint and Glenton's old hat and GroovyGouvy's bicycle and RoseCat's building and car and sinnerjohn's castle and MotownLarry's old car and JillyG's nest and terse's old mansion with the ivy and, and........ Phew, I could go on. So enjoyed browsing through all of them.

Another tough week to judge and as usual a high standard from the Mobitog community. There was a clear winner for me although lots of others I agonised over. I wanted to give honerable mentions to everybody!

FIRST
In the end Starzee's wonderful photo really had to be first choice. Looks like an old painting of a seriously derelict house.

View attachment 89220

SECOND
I saw deepop's photo before Star's and I thought 'that's it, that's the winner'. My love of art came out with this choice. It could be an abstract piece of art. Tell me, David, did you photograph it just like this or did you combine two photos? Either way, it's very clever.
View attachment 89222

THIRD
Next, Kmenglee's photo of the house with the tree was fascinating. I initially thought that the tree was intertwined in the building but on closer inspection, I realised it was just a fallen tree.

View attachment 89223

And then I loved rizole's peeling paint and Glenton's old hat and GroovyGouvy's bicycle and RoseCat's building and car and sinnerjohn's castle and MotownLarry's old car and JillyG's nest and terse's old mansion with the ivy and, and........ Phew, I could go on. So enjoyed browsing through all of them.

Excellent choices!! I was nodding and saying "yes!" the whole time I read your wrap up.

I love Star's image... super congrats on First Place!! [emoji471][emoji324]
Starzee Star, what would you like the theme to be this week? :D

And I so love David's too... I thought the same as you - it looks like a piece of art, I would totally hang it on my wall. Congrats David!!

Funny, I was flipping out at first thinking Kuan Meng's tree had become part of the house too. I kept zooming in and figured it out like you but yeah, who cares cuz it's way cool. Congrats Kuan Meng!

FIRST

View attachment 89220

SECOND
View attachment 89222

THIRD

View attachment 89223

Thanks Ann for a place on the podium. (My photo is an accurate vesrion of "'reality", although it is a blended version in Superimpose of 2 iterations.) Congratulations Star on a fantastic photo and edit. Congrats to Kuan Meng, and to all the mentionees. Another great week.

Last edited:

FIRST

View attachment 89220

SECOND
View attachment 89222

THIRD

View attachment 89223

Very good choice @ImageArt:thumbs: Cos everybody is a winner and the photos are getting better and better all the time with all the available camera apps and editing apps around. Only the eye, imagination, and composition of the cameraman and the viewer makes the difference
Congrations to Starzee your photo deserve to be the winner
deepop for being second and lastly me
When you asid home at last ImageArt do you meant Hong Kong:thumbs:

FIRST

View attachment 89220

SECOND
View attachment 89222

THIRD

View attachment 89223

Thanks Ann for the mention and congrats to winners and applauses for all participants :)

Very good choice @ImageArt:thumbs: Cos everybody is a winner and the photos are getting better and better all the time with all the available camera apps and editing apps around. Only the eye, imagination, and composition of the cameraman and the viewer makes the difference
Congrations to Starzee your photo deserve to be the winner
deepop for being second and lastly me
When you asid home at last ImageArt do you meant Hong Kong:thumbs:
Yes, I did. Home is really where my belongings are and my DH and my cozy bed! Think I could sleep for a week now.

FIRST

View attachment 89220

SECOND
View attachment 89222

THIRD

View attachment 89223

Well done 1st 2nd and 3rd, some really great 'derelicts' this week !

FIRST

View attachment 89220

SECOND
View attachment 89222

THIRD

View attachment 89223

Well done Ann. Good work. Congratulations to everyone who posted - they were all great interpretations of "Derelict" and all different. Star's image is the epitome of derelict - fabulous image.

FIRST

View attachment 89220

SECOND
View attachment 89222

THIRD

View attachment 89223

Very good choices, Ann!
Congrazzles to Starzee [emoji471], deepop[emoji966]and Kmenglee[emoji954]. Awesome stuff[emoji873][emoji873]
Kudos to all HMers and WOW for everyone posted. That was really interesting stuff.

Can't find MC#56. Isn't it up yet? [emoji4]

Very good choices, Ann!
Congrazzles to Starzee [emoji471], deepop[emoji966]and Kmenglee[emoji954]. Awesome stuff[emoji873][emoji873]
Kudos to all HMers and WOW for everyone posted. That was really interesting stuff.

Can't find MC#56. Isn't it up yet? [emoji4]
Yes it is but no theme yet.

Back
Top Bottom