B&W RESULTS:#78 Black & White Challenge

CFD74D14-4A57-4C7C-AF6D-C90F51A68FB7.jpeg

Shadows and reflections Ellis Island museum - NYC

Iphone and Snapseed

(Where’s my megaphone?) Okay people, it’s a wrap! This Black and White Challenge is officially closed. It’s now the task of rizole Rizole to choose his faves from this black and white bonanza (I’m humming the theme tune:rolleyes:). It’s all yours Rizole.

(Where’s my megaphone?) Okay people, it’s a wrap! This Black and White Challenge is officially closed. It’s now the task of rizole Rizole to choose his faves from this black and white bonanza (I’m humming the theme tune:rolleyes:). It’s all yours Rizole.
:sleep: :coffee: :appsir:

[borrows JillyG's megaphone]
Roll up, Roll up! Ladies :mobibabe: and Gentlewibbles :appsir:, 7 days, 20 images, 12 contenders and what a week we've had.
We've had rich blacks. subtle whites and shades between to make your heart ache. :inlove: There's been textures, geometric lines, sensual curves, compositions, tension, alarm, drama and delicacy, everything you could want in a race to the top between talented, exciting and creative visual artistes! :look:

[/borrows JillyG's megaphone]

As well as the usual bunch of smashers this week we have a new contender on the block in the shape of FiveGz . Welcome sir, a beautiful picture with such subtle shades of white strongly framed by contrasting darks and the small secret in the middle most seemed to miss on first look. Nice first submission with compositional excellence and my first Honourable Mention of this week. Well done.

And making a welcome return this week and my second Honourable Mention is jalaislynn who simultaneously gave us a beautiful picture and proof that rumours of zenjenny's multiple personality disorder are just that, rumours.
The Storm was a big hit with the audience and received several readings. I had a slightly different take in that the storm could also be seen to be between two people and the crushed umbrella symbolic of the destructive whatsit of conflict. The many readings this pic evokes shows it's power. Nice one.

And my final HM's this week, in no particular order, go to:
sdimbour for Shadows and reflections Ellis Island museum - NYC, very moody and evocative.
Starzee for Jack - fun, engaging, makes me think about what the back story is.
JillyG for Shears - nice texture and combo of strong and soft lines.
sinnerjohn for foxy lady - great detail and a perfect focal point.

[hushed tones]
And now, the results you've all been waiting for... [dramatic pause]
[/hushed tones]
I have my 3 winners who all submitted their winning entries within 24 hours of each other but, as I type, have not yet ordered them so none of us know the results yet. I don't know about you but I'm quite excited. :D

In third place is dscheff with Pearly Visible - beautiful, simple, good use of negative space and gave rise to possibly the oddest conversation of the week. Sir, you have a lovely pear! :appsir:

In second place this week is sdimbour with Ellis Island Museum windows and reflections NYC. I've said it before and will probably say it again but, in my opinion, your eye for structure and composition is second to none. If the tiles on the floor are symmetrically laid, it looks like you took the picture from just left of centre. I can only assume the perfect framing of the sky scraper in the window to the right of the door was done on purpose. The stark contrasts in this picture are balanced by subtle light hues and the overlaying of textures and lines gives the picture depths at different distances from the viewer. Really lovely.

Which means there can only be one person left to be in first place. so without further ado it's got to be Umbrellas by ImageArt .

c2098282-565e-43f1-a6e6-51302ab5bc87-jpeg.109999

Energetic, engaging, patterned, movement, lines and swirls. A lovely pallet of tones, it's almost chaotic but the repetition of shapes and the highlights and shadows gives it structure, depth and, oddly, a simplicity.
Very well done Ann and given you have such a large task ahead of you in the mobicolour thread, I can only apologise at giving you something else to do next week. :oops:

[picks up JillyG's megaphone]
Well done one and all and thank you for your attention and participation. Be sure to tune in next week for another round of truly great submissions!
[/picks up JillyG's megaphone]

Roll up, Roll up! Ladies :mobibabe: and Gentlewibbles :appsir:, 7 days, 20 images, 12 contenders and what a week we've had.
We've had rich blacks. subtle whites and shades between to make your heart ache. :inlove: There's been textures, geometric lines, sensual curves, compositions, tension, alarm, drama and delicacy, everything you could want in a race to the top between talented, exciting and creative visual artistes! :look:

As well as the usual bunch of smashers this week we have a new contender on the block in the shape of FiveGz . Welcome sir, a beautiful picture with such subtle shades of white strongly framed by contrasting darks and the small secret in the middle most seemed to miss on first look. Nice first submission with compositional excellence and my first Honourable Mention of this week. Well done.

And making a welcome return this week and my second Honourable Mention is jalaislynn who simultaneously gave us a beautiful picture and proof that rumours of zenjenny's multiple personality disorder are just that, rumours.
The Storm was a big hit with the audience and received several readings. I had a slightly different take in that the storm could also be seen to be between two people and the crushed umbrella symbolic of the destructive whatsit of conflict. The many readings this pic evokes shows it's power. Nice one.

sdimbour for Shadows and reflections Ellis Island museum - NYC, very moody and evocative.

[hushed tones]
[/hushed tones]
I have my 3 winners who all submitted their winning entries within 24 hours of each other but, as I type, have not yet ordered them so none of us know the results yet. I don't know about you but I'm quite excited. :D

In third place is dscheff with Pearly Visible - beautiful, simple, good use of negative space and gave rise to possibly the oddest conversation of the week. Sir, you have a lovely pear! :appsir:

In second place this week is sdimbour with Ellis Island Museum windows and reflections NYC. I've said it before and will probably say it again but, in my opinion, your eye for structure and composition is second to none. If the tiles on the floor are symmetrically laid, it looks like you took the picture from just left of centre. I can only assume the perfect framing of the sky scraper in the window to the right of the door was done on purpose. The stark contrasts in this picture are balanced by subtle light hues and the overlaying of textures and lines gives the picture depths at different distances from the viewer. Really lovely.

Which means there can only be one person left to be in first place. so without further ado it's got to be Umbrellas by ImageArt .

Energetic, engaging, patterned, movement, lines and swirls. A lovely pallet of tones, it's almost chaotic but the repetition of shapes and the highlights and shadows gives it structure, depth and, oddly, a simplicity.
Very well done Ann and given you have such a large task ahead of you in the mobicolour thread, I can only apologise at giving you something else to do next week. :oops:

Well done one and all and thank you for your attention and participation. Be sure to tune in next week for another round of truly great submissions!
Wow! what a wrap up! i was on the edge of my seat! Thanks for th HM and congrats to all!

Gentlewibbles
LOL.... another new term I love. :D

Honourable Mention is jalaislynn who simultaneously gave us a beautiful picture and proof that rumours of zenjenny's multiple personality disorder are just that, rumours.
:lmao:

Perfect description... :thumbs:

What an energetic and fun wrap-up Rizole! You had me laughing out loud several times this morning... thank you!
Well deserved win ImageArt Ann! I somehow missed seeing this image and it's absolutely fantastic. :inlove:
Congrats to placers Jeffrey and Sondra... beautiful submissions as always... and a hearty high five to all the HMs!! :D

[hushed tones]
[/hushed tones]

I’m honored to be, again, in such wonderful company :inlove: Congratulations sdimbour and ImageArt!!! Wonderful images both :) That was no easy job Rizole :thumbs:

[hushed tones]
[/hushed tones]

Hey, enough with MY megaphone already! :mobibabe: But I must say you used it to good effect and well done you for this marvellous summing up and judging. I’ll have a cup of what you’re having.:lol: It was a great week and the winner should be very proud of themselves, coming top of this marvellous bunch. Congrats to ImageArt Ann for her lovely umbrellas. It just goes to show that there’s a competition winner hidden everywhere, we just have to find them and take a photo and post them here. Slaps and snaps to sdimbour Sandra and dscheff Jeffrey - two very different, but equally fabulous images. And to all the HMs, big hugs. You get to hold the megaphone (but you don’t get to use it, sorry). So, that means that me and Ann’s Umbrellas are off to the Gallery. Thank heavens they’re in a container.:lol: Great work everyone. Keep it up!

[hushed tones]
[/hushed tones]

Great job, rizole! I'm glad it's not me that will have to follow up that grand presentation. Congrats to Ann and applause for Sandra, Jeffrey, and all the HMs.

[hushed tones]
[/hushed tones]

OMG, I am taken totally by surprised! I just happened to have a look at next week’s BW board and see that I’m the judge! Always so many good BW images that I seldom feel that I am competitive. Thank you, rizole! I am very chuffed.

And well done to sdimbour and dscheff!

Back
Top Bottom