MobiColour Results! MC #113 Theme: KEYS - March 26-April 1

Some keys. Close up and macro shots.
20180326_184616-01.jpeg
20180326_193036-01.jpeg
20180326_202839-01.jpeg

Edit....the macro look quite poor on a large screen. I may rethink them.

It's a quote from the matrix when cipher's showing neo the streaming green code.
It was Jilly asking if you can read bar codes that brought it back to me.
I See. I’ve heard of the Matrix movie but never seen it. But it is interesting the way mental connections and leaps are made.

I See. I’ve heard of the Matrix movie but never seen it. But it is interesting the way mental connections and leaps are made.
My mum used to say "Gently Bently" when she wanted me to be careful. Turns out that was a catch phrase from a BBC radio show from the 1950's. I've caught myself repeating that to my kids occasionally. I think it's interesting how mental connections and leaps exist over both time, space and generations.

I wondered if this must be some basketball lingo but I think you mean the hole in the key. An interesting leap.
No such leap from me, alas. It's basketball, as you thought. Formerly the sides running from the foul line to the base line were narrower relative to the foul line, so it was more key-shaped.

EDIT: I tried to find a photo of the old style "key," but it went out of fashion many years ago. You can just barely make it out in this photo:

https://charlottesvillealbemarlehistory.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/rp-11075.jpg

Last edited:
No such leap from me, alas. It's basketball, as you thought. Formerly the sides running from the foul line to the base line were narrower relative to the foul line, so it was more key-shaped.

EDIT: I tried to find a photo of the old style "key," but it went out of fashion many years ago. You can just barely make it out in this photo:

https://charlottesvillealbemarlehistory.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/rp-11075.jpg
I was right!! <high five to myself!> HOW I knew that being a total and absolute non-sports person, I don’t know. But like the discussions above, the mind/connections etc is a crazy thing.

Here is MobiTog written in 3 of 9 barcode.
View attachment 107609
Are the asterisks represented by a bar? I think I can see the two ‘O’s (can I?), but that means the ‘G’ is represented by lots of bars in two sets. I don’t suppose it’s possible to look and know what you’re seeing.

Are the asterisks represented by a bar? I think I can see the two ‘O’s (can I?), but that means the ‘G’ is represented by lots of bars in two sets. I don’t suppose it’s possible to look and know what you’re seeing.

I don’t know if the asterisks actually appear in the barcode. All I know is that when typing something to be converted into barcode the system relies on the asterisks to define the beginning and end of the text to be converted.
When I look at Fontbox (or whatever it’s called) on my Mac and look up the barcode font I can type letters and see each represented by a bar pattern. Visually, it’s extremely difficult to differentiate where one letter ends and another begins since there are no spaces between each letter. It is all merged together. That’s the whole idea of a code.

On second thought, if you look at both ends you can see the same pattern. It’s hard to spot because of the way the lack of spaces conceals the groups.
Look on the left:
One thin line, wide white space, thin line, 2 wide lines, 1 thin line. That same set is on on the far right so I’m guessing those are the asterisks.

On second thought, if you look at both ends you can see the same pattern. It’s hard to spot because of the way the lack of spaces conceals the groups.
Look on the left:
One thin line, wide white space, thin line, 2 wide lines, 1 thin line. That same set is on on the far right so I’m guessing those are the asterisks.
Aha, so it might be possible to read a certain type of barcode by learning the bars for each letter. But then again, why would you?:lol:

Oooh, that gave me chills. What a great image. If this was in a film I would expect an eye to appear at the keyhole and this would have been a place where someone was kept against their will. :D
Awesome that the image inspired that... It is one of my fave finds.
:thumbs:
Have you finished The Stand? How do you like it?

Awesome that the image inspired that... It is one of my fave finds.
:thumbs:
Have you finished The Stand? How do you like it?
Well, it’s made a huge impact on me, but I don’t know whether “enjoy” is the right word. I’m quite disturbed by it. It’s a horror story, but not really in the conventional sense of the word, and I could see it actually happening. The side story of the awful man with”powers” detracts from what I think is the main story. I find myself thinking about the story every time someone sneezes.:lol:

I don’t know if the asterisks actually appear in the barcode. All I know is that when typing something to be converted into barcode the system relies on the asterisks to define the beginning and end of the text to be converted.
When I look at Fontbox (or whatever it’s called) on my Mac and look up the barcode font I can type letters and see each represented by a bar pattern. Visually, it’s extremely difficult to differentiate where one letter ends and another begins since there are no spaces between each letter. It is all merged together. That’s the whole idea of a code.
Just for reference, I've been using this site for several years for barcodes and QR codes: https://www.barcodesinc.com/generator/index.php

Back
Top Bottom