Shadow Selfies

cd3c5967a802ee24b327358a78806295.jpg

iPhone 7 Plus

Thats more found faces! [emoji106][emoji23]
Or two boobs with a smile. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Cool! and a bit odd? Two lamp bases with no bulbs or shades, seemingly plugged in to something? And next to a great rusty peeling wall. Perfect!
Now that's intriguing - two bulbless lamps with wires leading ... where? Nice hat btw.

I thumbnailed two pics to the original post so that you can see what the whole thing looks like. It's the obelisk-oid sculpture that I've photographed before. It's part rusty metal and part translucent plastic, and it sits on a cliff overlooking Monterey Bay. Lately people have started adding bits to it, with the tethered lamps being the most recent.

I thumbnailed two pics to the original post so that you can see what the whole thing looks like. It's the obelisk-oid sculpture that I've photographed before. It's part rusty metal and part translucent plastic, and it sits on a cliff overlooking Monterey Bay. Lately people have started adding bits to it, with the tethered lamps being the most recent.
Oh yes, now I see. Just the sort of thing that's enhanced by a pair of bulbless lamps. Well, actually, it is. :lol:

Fantastic pictures! All three of them!! [emoji7]

Oh, how cool!! [emoji1360] An ongoing art piece. Almost a 3-D EOS.

I see an elephant with a funny hat. [emoji1][emoji106]
Wow, three hours! And it looks so close. [emoji15]

Joggins is on the other side of the Bay of Fundy so we start out travelling quite far the wrong way to get to a crossing point. According to Map-o-meter Joggins is only 36.6 km away as the crow flies. By road it's a very different story. Still, it shows how clear it is to see a town's lights 36.6 km away.
It was rather chilly out, too. -10C. Full moon tomorrow so the moon was nearly full.
Yes I can see an elephant, too.

I was wondering... if an elephant holds its iPhone in its trunk, what does it use to tap the buttons? And what about fingerprint ID?

Reposted brighter.
42749bbed7a27924811e15ff24e68849.jpg

I decided to repost this picture made a bit brighter in the Photos app. Outside, and in the dark it had seemed bright enough when I posted it but looking at it now in the light of day it seems darker than my experience of it. I'm standing on the snow on the hayfield across the road from my house and looking somewhat east-southeast. I'm looking across 2 branches of the Bay of Fundy. The Bay of Fundy on this side of Cape Enrage, and beyond Cape Enrage Shepody Bay, to the mouth of the Minas Basin on the Nova Scotia side.

Joggins is on the other side of the Bay of Fundy so we start out travelling quite far the wrong way to get to a crossing point. According to Map-o-meter Joggins is only 36.6 km away as the crow flies. By road it's a very different story. Still, it shows how clear it is to see a town's lights 36.6 km away.
It was rather chilly out, too. -10C. Full moon tomorrow so the moon was nearly full.
Yes I can see an elephant, too.

I was wondering... if an elephant holds its iPhone in its trunk, what does it use to tap the buttons? And what about fingerprint ID?

Tip of his ear to press the button (when JillyG can do it with her nose he will be able to with his ear – or tongue! [emoji23]) and the thumb like bobble on his trunk for ID. [emoji4]

Moonlight shadow selfie!
8bd0ee6829e264696d5d4bbe2e474e0c.jpg

NightCap Pro.
Incidentally, the lights from a town on the distant horizon are from Joggins, Nova Scotia. It would take us about 3 hours to drive there.
Wow... that shows what wide open spaces you have... those lights look much closer!

Wow... that shows what wide open spaces you have... those lights look much closer!

Actually, except for the hayfield, everything else, besides the beach and bay, are trees, trees and more trees. You need an elevated vantage point to see very far.

Back
Top Bottom