sinnerjohn's cabinet of curiosities

Found the answer. Here's my latest gadget, a solar powered power bank. Fully charged there's enough power there to charge my phone 6 times and positioned right you can squeeze several more hours out from solar power. Set that up with a phone as a camera trap and come back once a week for maintenance. Bang! You've caught your bear on camera.
Extra points for this particular bank for me as it charges wirelessly, which my phone can do. £30 off Amazon.

Here's the listing. I spent some time looking at options and thought this the best from the range. Although they only have 10 ratings for this product, they're all 5 star and I'm very happy with it myself. The one design thing they've missed out is a surface on the wireless charging side that holds a phone in place. It's too smooth. Fine if you use it in the house but in a car your phone will be vibrated off it repeatedly. I'm trying various surfaces to fix the issue. Clingfilm isn't bad but I'm sure I can find something better.

Edit...Oh....now I've done my sales pitch I see it's currently unavailable. Doh!

where would we be without our rizole :inlove: Intruder cat-catching, bear-catching, interior design tips, YouTube and meme moments to brighten the lockdown blues . . .

B3521BF4-F7B1-4766-B6A7-B920E97AEFFD.jpeg

It's an Agapanthus not an Alium, show's you how much I know :rolleyes:
Wondered why it was blue. I’ve never looked closely at an allium flower though. I think they have pretty star-like petals ?

Tracy sounds like a lovely, caring person. :rolleyes: Not to mention well-read!

Very beautiful poster, too - beats a grubby business card in a phone booth. but no contact details !?

New Kodachrome filter on VSCO.
Very nice. I have to confess I no longer remember what actual Kodachrome film looks like, it's been so long. All I know now are the digital Kodachrome filters. But then it's what the results look like that matters, not what it's based on. And I do find the familiar names make it easier to remember which is which (rather than C2 or A13 or something).

Very nice. I have to confess I no longer remember what actual Kodachrome film looks like, it's been so long. All I know now are the digital Kodachrome filters. But then it's what the results look like that matters, not what it's based on. And I do find the familiar names make it easier to remember which is which (rather than C2 or A13 or something).
Yes......this is KC25 :lol:

Wow o_O was it the whole nine yards of thunder lightning winds? Noisy? [Australian fascination with weather that isn’t dry]
some cool found faces in these cloud, too! Probably Archangel Gabriel & co, JillyG - heralding the start of Armageddon

Wow o_O was it the whole nine yards of thunder lightning winds? Noisy? [Australian fascination with weather that isn’t dry]
some cool found faces in these cloud, too! Probably Archangel Gabriel & co, JillyG - heralding the start of Armageddon
Not as spectacular as the sky, a downpour, a distant rumble and one flash of lightning that I saw.

Back
Top Bottom