Mobi365 Starzee Project 365-2022

12/7
:thinking:

1339D488-77FD-4A35-8546-1D50DD2813D7.jpeg

12/9
Well, I had a wonderful day, until the oven caught on fire.
I went to the Quilts=Art=Quilts exhibit at the Schweinfurth Museum.
C3C2FCE2-B093-4FEC-8A6D-74DC86900694.jpeg

Detail of above quilt
65AA2DC9-4805-46A0-B9AF-957EF1F8E9D1.jpeg

504035C5-7AEE-43D4-B4B3-E92B1E337177.jpeg

Detail
1724E096-BCD2-4E28-9BBD-541868AA9263.jpeg

52D78015-733C-408C-A048-FF816C5951A1.jpeg

Then, inspired and motivated I rushed off the Michaels to buy embroidery needles and this vehicle was parked next to me. I have never seen an
Alaska license plate before.

We were able to get the oven fire out with the fire extinguisher. We suspect an unwanted critter guest stole dog treats off the counter and stashed them in the oven. We’ll find out more later when we take the bottom panel off the oven. Mike will be setting the live traps in the basement tonight.

Last edited:
12/9
View attachment 188140
Detail of above quilt
View attachment 188141
View attachment 188142
Detail
View attachment 188143
Then, inspired and motivated I rushed off the Michaels to buy embroidery needles and this vehicle was parked next to me. I have never seen an

We were able to get the oven fire out with the fire extinguisher. We suspect an unwanted critter guest stole dog treats off the counter and stashed them in the oven. We’ll find out more later when we take the bottom panel off the oven. Mike will be setting the live traps in the basement tonight.
Glad you could fix the fire. Must have been frightening :eek: The exhibition seems interesting. I guess you got a ton of inspiration:)

I don't see any license plate - the last pic is an embroidered dog. Perhaps they have such license plates in Alaska but I guess not :D

12/9
View attachment 188140
Detail of above quilt
View attachment 188141
View attachment 188142
Detail
View attachment 188143
View attachment 188150

Those quilts are fab… the second one is currently me and Finn, LOL.

Okay, an oven fire sounds frightening!! :eek: And are you saying mice (or squirrels?? LOL) caused it? :eek: :eek: I guess that’s one of the not-so-fun aspects of an old house. :lmao:

I would still love to do that!
So would I. I found the perfect drumlin, too. For some reason someone has dug a road right through one, so there are two half drumlins facing each other. In another spot there is a sort of hobbit hole already but sheep have moved in. Next time we are by it I’ll stop and take a picture.

Those quilts are fab… the second one is currently me and Finn, LOL.

Okay, an oven fire sounds frightening!! :eek: And are you saying mice (or squirrels?? LOL) caused it? :eek: :eek: I guess that’s one of the not-so-fun aspects of an old house. :lmao:
Mike smells a rat….but I think it’s the red squirrel we have been seeing in the backyard. I think a rat would leave more ratty signs. (Eeeewwww) The critter stole 10 oz of dog treats (I make them out of spent mash from Lunkenheimer’s Brewery to sell at the brewery) out of a stainless steel bowl. It has to be tall enough to get in and to get that many treats, it would probably stuff its cheek pouches. Maybe a chipmunk even. There was even a crumb on the counter.
Burned treats.
8E4C8012-A27B-42F6-860B-4B65C3FD0DFC.jpeg

So would I. I found the perfect drumlin, too. For some reason someone has dug a road right through one, so there are two half drumlins facing each other. In another spot there is a sort of hobbit hole already but sheep have moved in. Next time we are by it I’ll stop and take a picture.
Yes, please do. My DH was member of a Tolkien society where they all had names from the characters in the Ring trilogy. Not very unexpected, DH was a hobbit by the name Odo :D

Mike smells a rat….but I think it’s the red squirrel we have been seeing in the backyard. I think a rat would leave more ratty signs. (Eeeewwww) The critter stole 10 oz of dog treats (I make them out of spent mash from Lunkenheimer’s Brewery to sell at the brewery) out of a stainless steel bowl. It has to be tall enough to get in and to get that many treats, it would probably stuff its cheek pouches. Maybe a chipmunk even. There was even a crumb on the counter.
Burned treats.
View attachment 188155
The oven fire isn't funny, but the visual of a squirrel or chipmunk scurrying around stealing and hiding treats sure is!! :lmao:

Hunters :( Just as we were talking about wolf haters.....
In the US wolves are protected as an endangered species, but not everyone follows the law :cautious: . I’m not opposed to hunting, many of our friends hunt and use every bit of the animal. They respect the animals life and dignity. I am more than a little surprised that a wildlife refuge would allow hunting. It seems like a paradox to me.

12/15
Town of Montezuma Heritage Park has recently open a new parking area and two additional trails to their aqueducts where the Erie canal crossed the Seneca River. This day we went up the larger trail. We’ll try the smaller, river side trail next time around.
D4680787-9301-4016-92CF-B9647EEB0ED5.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom