Mobi365 Starzee Project 365 2023

Any tips for roasting broccoli and cauliflower? Mine never turns out well.
I roast all my veggies the same way, a technique that came from the 20-something bartender at Lunkenheimer’s. :fearscream: I toss the veggies in oil and garlic the put them on a sheet pan lined with parchment. (Only to make clean up easy) I put a sheet of foil over the top, just loosely, so they steam slightly will roasting. I cook at 425º for 20 min. I have cooked broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and green beans that way. I also slice the bigger pieces of broccoli and cauliflower so there is a flat part that I can place face down and it gives a nice area to caramelize.

1/21
Beaver have been busy at the refuge. Unfortunately this was the tree we kept a stick in for Rosie to fetch. Part of the tree and the stick are off to parts unknown.
F329A155-AF0E-4744-8A0E-4A0C92AA3CA9.jpeg

I roast all my veggies the same way, a technique that came from the 20-something bartender at Lunkenheimer’s. :fearscream: I toss the veggies in oil and garlic the put them on a sheet pan lined with parchment. (Only to make clean up easy) I put a sheet of foil over the top, just loosely, so they steam slightly will roasting. I cook at 425º for 20 min. I have cooked broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and green beans that way. I also slice the bigger pieces of broccoli and cauliflower so there is a flat part that I can place face down and it gives a nice area to caramelize.

the ’steam slightly while roasting’ bit sounds good - I’ll add the foil.
Do you ever use an airfryer ?

1/21
Beaver have been busy at the refuge. Unfortunately this was the tree we kept a stick in for Rosie to fetch. Part of the tree and the stick are off to parts unknown.
View attachment 189220

1/24
Didn’t get out much. I’m losing enthusiasm for taking images during out walk because everything looks the same. Maybe tomorrow we’ll have a winter wonderland….suppose to have a storm move in. Our kitchen, that is our stove and refrigerator are residing in the living area. I made chili in the instant pot for dinner. I cooked that in the living area as well. By dinner we could walk on our new kitchen floor to get bowls and spoons. This is the only picture I took collecting collage material. Edited in Photos.
1475AEB5-DDCB-4466-AEA5-A9BD3F634781.jpeg

1/24
Didn’t get out much. I’m losing enthusiasm for taking images during out walk because everything looks the same. Maybe tomorrow we’ll have a winter wonderland….suppose to have a storm move in. Our kitchen, that is our stove and refrigerator are residing in the living area. I made chili in the instant pot for dinner. I cooked that in the living area as well. By dinner we could walk on our new kitchen floor to get bowls and spoons. This is the only picture I took collecting collage material. Edited in Photos.
View attachment 189286
You seem uninspired. Me too. I still continue to take photos from my walks though, because there is nothing else to choose from.

You seem uninspired. Me too. I still continue to take photos from my walks though, because there is nothing else to choose from.
I’d rather work on collages right now. The brown of the landscape is dull. It’s starting to snow, so that’s a change.

I’d rather work on collages right now. The brown of the landscape is dull. It’s starting to snow, so that’s a change.
Well, we’re expecting rain. If I was a master at creating collages as you are, I would turn to that too :D I hope I'll get a reply regarding the problem with the financial report. If I get that I can bury myself in piles of numbers. Perhaps I should post a screenshot of one of the reports:lmao:

Well, we’re expecting rain. If I was a master at creating collages as you are, I would turn to that too :D I hope I'll get a reply regarding the problem with the financial report. If I get that I can bury myself in piles of numbers. Perhaps I should post a screenshot of one of the reports:lmao:
I’ll have to start the taxes soon. With us both retired, it’ll be new and interesting. I hope.

I’ll have to start the taxes soon. With us both retired, it’ll be new and interesting. I hope.
I couldn’t help to think of the quote: hope is the first step on the road to disappointment :whistle:
We’ll have the taxes here soon too. As for you first time with both of us retired. Looking forward to get it done

1/24
View attachment 189286
Show us the new floors?

Show us the new floors?
The new floor is under my sewing table. The lighting is awful. They are more white, not yellow. :lmao: When things get put together and put back, I’ll post a pano or a couple of shots. Right now, we have the week-end to move all the living area stuff out of the laundry room and put that away. Then move all the laundry room stuff into the living room to start the ceiling in the laundry room.:eek:

The new floor is under my sewing table. The lighting is awful. They are more white, not yellow. :lmao: When things get put together and put back, I’ll post a pano or a couple of shots. Right now, we have the week-end to move all the living area stuff out of the laundry room and put that away. Then move all the laundry room stuff into the living room to start the ceiling in the laundry room.:eek:
Sounds like hard work :eek: Good luck and be careful not to hurt your back. You must take many coffee breaks - or beer breaks:whistle:

Sounds like hard work :eek: Good luck and be careful not to hurt your back. You must take many coffee breaks - or beer breaks:whistle:
I am only helping with the moving and supervising. :lmao: Mike is helping the contractor as much as he can. The contractor (Al) is our friend, too. He is nearly our age and can only work so long before his body breaks down. The going is slow but he is excellent at what he does and seems to know how to do everything. The boys do have a beer break at the end of the days work. I wait until dinner time. :D

1/26
On the way to Home Depot we ran into several murder of crows. The roost in the city, Auburn, NY, and then fly out here to the country to pick over the fields in daytime.
6FC62574-F2BF-4C78-85DA-985EFB988AEB.jpeg

Then, as I was driving off to meet my photo club for lunch I discovered I was missing part of my side mirror.
89F8A801-2C57-4CA1-959D-555656CB8DF6.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom