Mobi365 Starzee Project 365 2023

One of my mirrors got whacked in a parking lot, too. I did manage to find the part on eBay for less.
I found a mirror on eBay for less than the dealer. The frustration is I don’t need the whole mirror, just the plastic bit that fits on the back, the housing I guess you would call it. I’m still investigating.

1/27
Jeanie and I are doing lists of box contents, mostly letters, pamphlets, catalogs and such. Today there was a box of old maps.
CAC43D2A-EBEC-49DB-ABBA-405CDE9A9BA6.jpeg

1/30
After talking to the parts department at VW to get my side mirror cap replaced, I was motivated to walk up the street a ways to see if I could find it. I know a bunch of ice slide off my windshield onto it and I know where I first saw that it was gone. It was a nice little walk, but couldn’t find that $141 little bit of plastic. :oops:
Anyway, this is the house next door. The owner died about 3 years ago. He had lived there since I was a teenager living around the block. A year ago a fellow bought it and has been fixing it up. He hasn’t gotten to the front porch, yet.
330654D4-8543-4BF1-81A3-8DA57FE66118.jpeg

1/30
After talking to the parts department at VW to get my side mirror cap replaced, I was motivated to walk up the street a ways to see if I could find it. I know a bunch of ice slide off my windshield onto it and I know where I first saw that it was gone. It was a nice little walk, but couldn’t find that $141 little bit of plastic. :oops:
Anyway, this is the house next door. The owner died about 3 years ago. He had lived there since I was a teenager living around the block. A year ago a fellow bought it and has been fixing it up. He hasn’t gotten to the front porch, yet.
View attachment 189445
Sad feeling in this one. Nice reflections. Hope the new owner will have the time and money to fix this part too :)

Sad feeling in this one. Nice reflections. Hope the new owner will have the time and money to fix this part too :)
I’m sure he’ll get to it. It’s only the one guy working on it. He put the new roof on with a regular hammer, no nail gun for him. It’s just going to take a while.

1/31
Day at the museum
Part of our vintage clothing inventory waiting for spring
View attachment 189492
Currently we are working with boxes filled with paper stuff. This box was ads, menus, and pamphlets.
View attachment 189493
I’d like to order an Egg and Olive sandwich and a glass of Blushing Collins - 40 cents :alien: Must be a very old menu. I wonder what’s been overwritten with black

I guess it’s something to drink when you’re freezing cold after a long walk on a windy winter day. Give me a milk punch now :D Oh, I had forgot I don't drink alcoholic beverages:facepalm:
Thanks! Turns out some of us here at Mobitog (RoseCat Catherine) have been drinking it right along in the form of eggnog!

Thanks! Turns out some of us here at Mobitog (RoseCat Catherine) have been drinking it right along in the form of eggnog!
Oh yes, now I see. In Swedish it’s called ”äggtoddy”. Popular drink a long time ago. A very long time I think. I don’t remember it was ever served when I was a kid - among the adults I mean :)

2/2
Ground Hogs Day, my favorite holiday! :lmao: No gift giving, no parties, no stress. At least not for me, I don’t know how much stress poor Puxatawney Phil has!
View attachment 189516
Thanks for sharing this. I just read about Groundhogs day. Interesting and fun reading. When I was a kid one of my favourite book started with the sentence: ”det är vår, det är vår, utropade murmeldjuret” = ”Spring is here, spring is here, shouted the groundhog happily” I guess that was a translation of an American book :D
And I love the city name Punxsutawney :geek:

Back
Top Bottom