Mobi365 Starzee Project 365 2023

11/25
Barn. DistressedFX
IMG_1742.jpeg

11/26
Didn’t take any pic, but here’s a screen shot I go of the bar cam and the Green Parrot in Key West. That’s my friend Brenda waving to me.
IMG_1755.png

And here’s my Sunday in iColorama image combining two Hipsta edits and a few iColorama tweeks.
IMG_1757.jpeg

When I first looked I thought it was a path covered with sand. But of course it’s snow. I would love to walk on that winding path. One of the good things about snow are all footprints from humans and other animals. The last few days we’ve seen traces of moose, fox, bobcats and of course the ordinary humans and dogs.

When I first looked I thought it was a path covered with sand. But of course it’s snow. I would love to walk on that winding path. One of the good things about snow are all footprints from humans and other animals. The last few days we’ve seen traces of moose, fox, bobcats and of course the ordinary humans and dogs.
We commented yesterday that now that we can see the tracks, we can tell what our dog is sniffing out. Mostly. where we walk it’s deer and coyotes.

12/2
fountain
hipsta
HMOriginal-26C53B1F-124A-4582-9553-5205FA7CBBED.jpeg

I would really like the story behind this fountain. It is so ornate and European yet it is in the middle of an intersection in a small village. I have tried for years to get a decent picture while driving by. This is the closest I’ve come. I suppose I should just pull over.

12/2
fountain
hipsta
View attachment 198344
I would really like the story behind this fountain. It is so ornate and European yet it is in the middle of an intersection in a small village. I have tried for years to get a decent picture while driving by. This is the closest I’ve come. I suppose I should just pull over.
Birth of Venus, maybe. She's rising from the sea, and the two llittle guys are blowing conch shells (I thought they were holding ice cream cones at first) and riding on savage mutated dolphins, it looks like. It does make quite a contrast to the Firsts Baptist Church there, which looks like it's taken over a shop or apartment building.

Birth of Venus, maybe. She's rising from the sea, and the two llittle guys are blowing conch shells (I thought they were holding ice cream cones at first) and riding on savage mutated dolphins, it looks like. It does make quite a contrast to the Firsts Baptist Church there, which looks like it's taken over a shop or apartment building.
I finally googled it. It is Venus Rising From the Sea. Wolcott is a village in the middle of apple country. Very rural. I couldn’t imagine how it came to be there. This is what the Welcome to Wolcott site.

“One of the landmarks of wolcott is the statue of "Venus Rising From the Sea" at the four corners in downtown Wolcott. She is made of cast iron and is one of only eight in America. The statue arrived in September 1913. It was felt that with the installation of a public water system in the village, there should be some kind of public drinking fountain "for both man and beast" at the site of the old town pump and four corners”

Back
Top Bottom