Mobi365 Starzee Project 365 2023

12/3
lights
HipstamaticPhoto-723382451.466072.jpeg

12/2
fountain
hipsta
View attachment 198344
I would really like the story behind this fountain. It is so ornate and European yet it is in the middle of an intersection in a small village. I have tried for years to get a decent picture while driving by. This is the closest I’ve come. I suppose I should just pull over.
I found this story. ’One of only eight in North America’ . . . And made of zinc (the one in the story, anyway). Learn something every day.

EDIT: I see you posted this info while I was still reading it :lmao:

12/7
A day at the museum. Our new assignment is to catalog the newspaper collection into a searchable database. Most of the newspapers are bound into giant books. It is very tedious as we log each issue. As tedious as that is I can’t imagine being the typesetter for the December 7, 1827 issue of the Cayuga Republican. The type is so tiny!
IMG_0862.jpeg

This project may take a couple of years. It’s taking us one session to do 1-2 volume (at 52 issues per) book. Many of the bound issues have more volumes and are so large it will take the two of us to get to the work table. Here’s some that we need to do. And the collections curator told us there are still more in the attic….. :fearscream:
IMG_1785.jpeg

12/7
A day at the museum. Our new assignment is to catalog the newspaper collection into a searchable database. Most of the newspapers are bound into giant books. It is very tedious as we log each issue. As tedious as that is I can’t imagine being the typesetter for the December 7, 1827 issue of the Cayuga Republican. The type is so tiny!
View attachment 198499
This project may take a couple of years. It’s taking us one session to do 1-2 volume (at 52 issues per) book. Many of the bound issues have more volumes and are so large it will take the two of us to get to the work table. Here’s some that we need to do. And the collections curator told us there are still more in the attic….. :fearscream:
View attachment 198500
Did you happen to note the death-bed confession of the recipe for Dole’s Eye Water?

12/7
View attachment 198499
View attachment 198500
Oh, I don’t envy you. Seems a bit too much

As tedious as that is I can’t imagine being the typesetter for the December 7, 1827 issue of the Cayuga Republican. The type is so tiny!
And mechanical typesetting didn't come around until the 1880s, so it was all hand set.

So you're cataloging all the articles in each issue? Including ads?

And mechanical typesetting didn't come around until the 1880s, so it was all hand set.

Just the issues. But we do read the ads. (See response to Jen)

That’s why I take photos. To read things later. I generally do the data entry Jeanie is paging through the papers. I didn’t realize when I took this it was all ads on this page.

12/8
Our refuges walk is closed for a couple of weeks for hunters, but one of the DEC folks told us that the part of the path that goes by the new eagle nest will be closed for the time being.
IMG_1788.png

So we went to East Road
IMG_0867.jpeg

12/9
The high temperature was supposed to be 55º (12ºC) so we didn’t don our usual winter layers. Unfortunately, the wind was blowing pretty good on East Road. It’s a dirt road that runs along the top of a drumlin and the wind made it quite nippy. But on the good side there’s a great view and there were hundreds of swans and sandhill cranes. The din was amazing. I tried to take a video but the wind noise drowned out the bird noise. All the birds in the air are Sandhills.
IMG_0883.jpeg

12/11
Picture of a picture
HMOriginal-24AA06C9-D793-4194-A74E-8E9048642A24.jpeg

I had a doctors appointment so I amused my self with taking Hipsta photos of the painting in front of me. In case anyone is interested, I’m healthy except my sugar is a little high……. :rolleyes:

12/11
Picture of a picture
View attachment 198656
I had a doctors appointment so I amused my self with taking Hipsta photos of the painting in front of me. In case anyone is interested, I’m healthy except my sugar is a little high……. :rolleyes:
That’s lovely. I can see lots of extractable-for-further-abstraction elements, too

12/13
Van Dyne. It was chilly and windy so we took a chance that there wouldn’t be hunters on the wooded part of Van Dyne Spoor. Mike and I wear fluorescent vests, but from a distance Rose looks like a coyote, even though she is leashed and we glow. There a few unscrupulous hunters out there.
IMG_0902_jpg.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom