STREET ART - MobiTog Community Project Thread

Quetzels are found all over the mountainous areas of Panama. They are quite colorful birds. If you are not fortunate enough to see one in person you can find them painted on walls and buildings around town. This photo was taken in Boquete, Panama.

IMG_1669.JPG

Quetzels are found all over the mountainous areas of Panama. They are quite colorful birds. If you are not fortunate enough to see one in person you can find them painted on walls and buildings around town. This photo was taken in Boquete, Panama.

View attachment 86662

How gorgeous! Did you see a live Quetzel? They must be amazing.

View attachment 86662
We spent a good few hours in Costa Rica looking at a tree that was supposed to be frequented by Quetzels - we had more chance of seeing Pretzels in it. :D

We spent a good few hours in Costa Rica looking at a tree that was supposed to be frequented by Quetzels - we had more chance of seeing Pretzels in it. :D
I didn't see any Quetzels in Costa Rica either but a did get to see two types of Trogons and Tom got some awesome photos. We always see our best birds on the golf course - they don't seem to be scared of the buggie. Walk in the same area and you won't see a thing.

I didn't see any Quetzels in Costa Rica either but a did get to see two types of Trogons and Tom got some awesome photos. We always see our best birds on the golf course - they don't seem to be scared of the buggie. Walk in the same area and you won't see a thing.
We saw some Trogons too. Rog has some photos somewhere, but not iPhone ones. Yes, they reckon that the best bird hide is a car. Birds don't seem bothered by them or their occupants.

We saw some Trogons too. Rog has some photos somewhere, but not iPhone ones. Yes, they reckon that the best bird hide is a car. Birds don't seem bothered by them or their occupants.

So much I don't know in life! Never ever heard of quetzels or trogons. I feel like I'm on the Starship Enterprise. Any relation to tribbles??

How gorgeous! Did you see a live Quetzel? They must be amazing.
Just fab!
So a Prairie Warbler and a Quetzel produce a Pretzel?
Thanks y'all! We saw, with the help of binoculars, one quetzal at the very top of a very, very tall tree. Yes, Jilly, I must agree the chances of seeing pretzels in a tree are greater than seeing a quetzal!!:lmao: My BIL and SIL who live full time in Panama (very near Costa Rica) do see them a little more frequently. I believe they are similar to trogons.

WOW! Colour's paradise! They are all fantastic! Prince is great, too and the other is one band member of AC/DC, isn't he?
And through all these wow pictures you still find another piece of art: the spray cans! It looks so perfectly arranged, yet another WOOOOW! Love it! [emoji4]
I couldn't work out who that was in the one that looks a bit like Prince, I'm thinking it might be AC/DC's original lead singer, Bon Scott who died in 1980. The other one is the lead guitarist Angus Young. I really want to get out and check out all the other sites now. :thumbs:

View attachment 86704 View attachment 86705 View attachment 86706 View attachment 86707 View attachment 86708 View attachment 86709 View attachment 86711 View attachment 86712 View attachment 86713 View attachment 86714 View attachment 86715
15. Blender Lane - This lane is claimed as the heart of Melbourne's street art scene. The Lane backs onto a large studio where many of the artists you've seen through my post take residence.
Fantastic Stuff. I did a couple of the graffiti streets while I was there in 2015 but I am sure that there are more since I was there and the graffiti looks a lot more elaborate. I had a look through my pics and nothing was the same not surprisingly. Here are two of my pics from Hosier Lane. My DH is having a chuckle on the left side of the first:

IMG_1875.JPG

IMG_1877.JPG

Fantastic Stuff. I did a couple of the graffiti streets while I was there in 2015 but I am sure that there are more since I was there and the graffiti looks a lot more elaborate. I had a look through my pics and nothing was the same not surprisingly. Here are two of my pics from Hosier Lane. My DH is having a chuckle on the left side of the first:

View attachment 86723
View attachment 86724
I actually have met the guy who painted the giant Aboriginal portrait, he goes by the name of Adnate. Hosier Lane has a lot of art, I'm sure I missed a few.

Back
Top Bottom