Talking Point..........

Put in the plunger and tip it upside down. Add coffe and fill with hot water.
20190723_171853.jpg

Screw on the top and put your cup upside down on the top. Flip over and dispense as normal.
20190723_171907.jpg

View attachment 147568
Screw on the top and put your cup upside down on the top. Flip over and dispense as normal.
View attachment 147569
Yes. Just watched a You Tube video. All this talk of coffee made me want some, so I dug out the decaff aeropress grind and I’ve decided to have iced coffee as it’s so warm. :thumbs:

And you get weaker coffee :eek::eek::eek: I've found that using the metal filter and adjust the grind a bit, I don't get drips using the right-side up method.
I've never had the metal filter.

Ok just lost half an hour on filters :eek: Metal filters let through 'cafestol' which apparently cause the body's bad cholesterol to rise. Whereas paper filters filter this out.......although you get a richer taste with metal.
I've never really had a problem with paper so I'll be sticking with that I guess.

Last edited:
View attachment 147568
View attachment 147569
Yay the upside down ! It doesn't start dripping before its brewed that way.
What's the problem with drips? It all goes in the same cup doesn't it?
Yes but its dripping before its had time to brew.
Aha... I was just going to ask why bother doing it this way? You'd think they'd make it so that it didn't start dripping until you plunged? Then you could steep how long you want. This seems like a design flaw.

Metal filters let through 'cafestol' which apparently cause the body's bad cholesterol to rise. Whereas paper filters filter this out.......although you get a richer taste with metal.
Blergh. So it's either (1) put cafestols in your body or (2) add more waste to the planet. :neutral:

All this talk of coffee made me want some, so I dug out the decaff aeropress grind and I’ve decided to have iced coffee as it’s so warm. :thumbs:
:lol: Yep. That's why I went out and bought decaf beans & non-dairy creamer after not having had coffee for a very long time.

All this Coffee Talk has made us forget that today is Tuesday!! :D

1. What weird food combinations do you really enjoy?
2. If your job gave you a surprise three day paid break to rest and recuperate, what would you do with those three days?
3. What’s the best / worst practical joke that you’ve played on someone or that was played on you?
4. What’s your cure for hiccups?
5. What’s the most addicted to a game you’ve ever been?

I've never had the metal filter.

Ok just lost half an hour on filters :eek: Metal filters let through 'cafestol' which apparently cause the body's bad cholesterol to rise. Whereas paper filters filter this out.......although you get a richer taste with metal.
I've never really had a problem with paper so I'll be sticking with that I guess.
On the other hand. Wikipedia says

Cafestol has also shown anticarcinogenic properties in rats.[7]
Cafestol also has neuroprotective effects in a Drosophila fruit fly model of Parkinson's disease.[8]
Isn't the internet wonderful? So really, you know, it's good for you. Except maybe when it's not. :lmao: Anyway, doc says my cholesterol is fine, so I'll stick with the metal filter.

1. What weird food combinations do you really enjoy? I don’t eat these often, but a sardine sandwich with hot mustard & onion, or a peanut butter & onion sandwich is quite tasty!
2. If your job gave you a surprise three day paid break to rest and recuperate, what would you do with those three days? Most likely have a Staycation and stay up late/sleep in late and binge watch favorite shows.
3. What’s the best / worst practical joke that you’ve played on someone or that was played on you? I don’t think I’ve ever played a practical joke on anyone! :confused: And if someone played one on me then I’ve forgotten...
4. What’s your cure for hiccups? A swig of vinegar. It has never failed me.
5. What’s the most addicted to a game you’ve ever been? I really don’t get addicted to games... I may start out playing with gusto, but then get bored/frustrated. Lots of games people like to play give me motion sickness. :lol:

1. What weird food combinations do you really enjoy? Hmmm, nothing really weird, unless hummus and sauerkraut sandwiches is weird.
2. If your job gave you a surprise three day paid break to rest and recuperate, what would you do with those three days? Off to the coast - North Norfolk - that always reinvigorates me.
3. What’s the best / worst practical joke that you’ve played on someone or that was played on you? I can’t remember ever playing a joke on anyone. I’d be hopeless. I’d probably tell them before the joke even got started. I don’t really like them. It feels a bit like lying to me, which my mother always told me was a bad thing.:lol:
4. What’s your cure for hiccups? Holding my breath.
5. What’s the most addicted to a game you’ve ever been? That would probably be playing Machinarium. I love that game. It’s so beautiful to look at and the main character is so engaging.

1. What weird food combinations do you really enjoy? Hmmm, nothing really weird, unless hummus and sauerkraut sandwiches is weird.
2. If your job gave you a surprise three day paid break to rest and recuperate, what would you do with those three days? Off to the coast - North Norfolk - that always reinvigorates me.
3. What’s the best / worst practical joke that you’ve played on someone or that was played on you? I can’t remember ever playing a joke on anyone. I’d be hopeless. I’d probably tell them before the joke even got started. I don’t really like them. It feels a bit like lying to me, which my mother always told me was a bad thing.:lol:
4. What’s your cure for hiccups? Holding my breath.
5. What’s the most addicted to a game you’ve ever been? That would probably be playing Machinarium. I love that game. It’s so beautiful to look at and the main character is so engaging.
Never heard of Machinarium. I’ve never been one to do this of game. I don’t know why because I’m very much a problem solver but it seems too much like hard work. However, I absolutely love the graphics in this.

if you ask my kids then coffee, chilli, wine and almost any vegetables in any combination. cheese goes with anything right?

2. If your job gave you a surprise three day paid break to rest and recuperate, what would you do with those three days?
Sleep, walk, go somewhere new, swim, build a pc.

3. What’s the best / worst practical joke that you’ve played on someone or that was played on you?
N/a

Holding my breath and slow, deep breathing.

Never addicted but played to death, yes. I once played Tetris so much that I could see the blocks continously falling in my peripheral vision for some hours afterwards.

I just ran over to the App Store... the visuals look amazing!

1. Peanut butter and bacon
2. We get those every year. We call them snow days. And I, well, shovel snow! :D
3. I don’t like practical jokes. It’s too easy to go wrong.
4. Hold your breath.
5. Icolorama. I guess it’s not really a game....

Back
Top Bottom