• Barring miracles, MobiTog will be closing its doors on June15. Please see our notice in the MobiTog Closing thread.

Talking Point..........

Blergh. So (2) add more waste to the planet. :neutral:

See above: put them in the worm bin or bury them in a garden, a park, a forest.
Make your own.
Dry them out, dust off the coffee grounds (for burial/worm bin) and upcycle the filters into papier mache sculptures. Or artisan wallpaper. Or hand craft your own artisan egg cartons. Or Japanese-bind them together into artisan notebooks. Or start a 1000 crane origami exhibition.

Sheesh, Cat, do I have to do all the thinking here? :mobibabe: :rolleyes: :mobibabe:

Also I’m dying to ask WHAT’S THE !%#! POINT OF DRINKING COFFEE IF IT’S BEEN DECAFFINATED ??? but I hear that the coffee discussion is over :thumbs:
I tend to agree.... I removed caffeine (except for some Yerba Mate tea) from my diet, but I love the smell/taste of coffee. I prefer the bolder flavor of caffeinated coffee, but it doesn’t work well with my body - I feel much better caffeine-free.

EDIT: Except when I shop at Trader Joe’s I always stop by the demo station and pour a tiny paper cup of their free coffee + half&half. It’s a fun ritual, and feels homey as I sip it alongside other shoppers. Even that wee bit can jack me up for awhile.

Last edited:
See above: put them in the worm bin or bury them in a garden, a park, a forest.
Make your own.
Dry them out, dust off the coffee grounds (for burial/worm bin) and upcycle the filters into papier mache sculptures. Or artisan wallpaper. Or hand craft your own artisan egg cartons. Or Japanese-bind them together into artisan notebooks. Or start a 1000 crane origami exhibition.

Sheesh, Cat, do I have to do all the thinking here? :mobibabe: :rolleyes: :mobibabe:
I would have all these on my *to do list* but never do them. :lol: I’m thankful I manage to make immune boosting elderberry syrup, and body cream. :rolleyes:

The worm bin idea is fab... but I’d still prefer not to have to buy/recycle filters, and instead use a metal one in perpetuity. :mobibabe: :coffee:

Also I’m dying to ask WHAT’S THE !%#! POINT OF DRINKING COFFEE IF IT’S BEEN DECAFFINATED ??? but I hear that the coffee discussion is over :thumbs:
Cause I love coffee after supper but if it’s not decaffinated I ain’t gonna sleep! Seems it’s the same for many ladies of my vintage!

Blood pressure? Mines elevated so before they start throwing pills at me I'm eliminating stuff from my life to see if anything sticks. Alcohol is out now. If that doesn't change it then caffeine is next. I like coffee but wouldn't notice if the caffeine goes.

1. What weird food combinations do you really enjoy?
Nothing weird these days. When I was a kid we had something called Instant Whip. It had to be strawberry flavour though and I was partial to it on 'brown bread'. Those days you got TWO types of bread, White or Brown and we'd only have brown on a weekend.
Birds.JPG
2. If your job gave you a surprise three day paid break to rest and recuperate, what would you do with those three days?
Surprise PAID !!! Well apart from me dying of shock, I'd probably opt for Paris. I can never get enough of the city of lights.
3. What’s the best / worst practical joke that you’ve played on someone or that was played on you?
I've moved around peoples motorcycles and cars at work before. They never found it funny though :rolleyes:
4. What’s your cure for hiccups?
Drink from a cup backwards.
5. What’s the most addicted to a game you’ve ever been?
When the kids were young we had a Playstation and I loved the Resident Evil games.

When I was a kid we had something called Instant Whip. It had to be strawberry flavour though and I was partial to it on 'brown bread'.
o_O:barf:
3. What’s the best / worst practical joke that you’ve played on someone or that was played on you?
I've moved around peoples motorcycles and cars at work before. They never found it funny though :rolleyes:
:lmao::lmao::lmao: That is actually pretty hilarious. How did you get their keys?
Drink from a cup backwards.
I've tried that and just ended up slopping it all over myself. :rolleyes:

How did you get their keys?
Motorcycles are easy if there's no steering lock on, you just wheel them around the other side of the building. Card are harder, but we used to have a small office and people tended to leave their keys around.
It stopped when a girl called security coz she thought her bike had been stolen :oops:

Well, it doesn't seem weird to me, but peanut butter, lime juice, and coconut milk as found in California versions of various Asian curries.

2. If your job gave you a surprise three day paid break to rest and recuperate, what would you do with those three days?

I have no idea. I was a freelancer when I was working, so I never got paid when I wasn't working, and "time off" was just "time between jobs" for me. We (Lorraine was also a freelancer) did have a thing we called "freelancer's heaven." That was when you'd wrapped up one job and had another job already lined up that didn't start right away. At those times, we mostly just flopped down and enjoyed doing nothing.

If I ever pranked someone else, I've repressed the memory. When I was in college, one of my older sisters drove down one day to apologize for some prank she'd pulled on me when we were kids. She'd apparently been carrying some guilt for years but ended up rather nonplussed because I had no memory of it at all.

Holding my breath.

I had an experience a bit like rizole's. When I was in grad school in my late 20s, I got hooked on playing pinball in the student union. (Real pinball machines, mind you, from Bally, Williams, and Gottleib.) The addiction continued for several years after I moved back to Santa Cruz, and I used to go to a nearby pinball arcade to play for a couple of hours in the evenings. After staring at the flashing lights on the game and manuveuring the ball around the course, I'd get on the road in my car and have the strange sensation that the traffic lights and headlights were part of a giant pinball game. It took a few minutes for me to shake off the urge to drive toward the lights and bounce off things.

Last edited:
Motorcycles are easy if there's no steering lock on, you just wheel them around the other side of the building. Card are harder, but we used to have a small office and people tended to leave their keys around.
It stopped when a girl called security coz she thought her bike had been stolen :oops:
:eek:
:lol::zip:

After staring at the flashing lights on the game and manuveuring the ball around the course, I'd get on the road in my car and have the strange sensation that the traffic lights and headlights were part of a giant pinball game. It took a few minutes for me to shake off the urge to drive toward the lights and bounce off things.
:flushed:

1. Marilyn Monroe. 2. Orgasm. 3.Sream. 4. Pink. 5. Love Bugs Bunny
Hmmmmm... I'm guessing you're responding to a different set of questions?? Because if it's the current set, your answers are hilarious. :lol: :eek: :lmao:

Hmmmmm... I'm guessing you're responding to a different set of questions?? Because if it's the current set, your answers are hilarious. :lol: :eek: :lmao:

That would be one hell of a 3 day break :lol:

It's not Tuesday but the day does begin with a T so lets have ALL NEW QUESTIONS !

1. If you had a giraffe that you needed to hide, where would you hide it?

2. Where’s the line between soup and cereal?

3. What’s the most annoying thing about the social media platform you use most often? (not MobiTog)

4. What’s the best and worst thing about the country you are from?

5. Which way should toilet paper hang, over or under?

Under a cushion.

I never have carrot, tomato, chicken, mushroom, stock or Tuscan beans in my cereal. I never have grains in my soup that have been toasted, sugar coated, chocolated or with added fiber, vitamins and minerals. I don't add fruit or nuts to my soup.
I don't like soggy cereal or crunchy soup.

3. What’s the most annoying thing about the social media platform you use most often? (not MobiTog)
People.

That we are part of a larger, global community of like minded, progressive people.
That we are an insular, self destructive, closed minded bunch of several expletives.

We have a toilet roll holder thats a vertical shaft standing up right from the stand. The rolls go on on their side in a stack.
We laugh mockingly at people who wrestle with the over/under issue.

Under a cushion.

I never have carrot, tomato, chicken, mushroom, stock or Tuscan beans in my cereal. I never have grains in my soup that have been toasted, sugar coated, chocolated or with added fiber, vitamins and minerals. I don't add fruit or nuts to my soup.
I don't like soggy cereal or crunchy soup.

People.

That we are part of a larger, global community of like minded, progressive people.
That we are an insular, self destructive, closed minded bunch of several expletives.

We have a toilet roll holder thats a vertical shaft standing up right from the stand. The rolls go on on their side in a stack.
We laugh mockingly at people who wrestle with the over/under issue.
. Hi everyone. Here are my 5 answers with a twinkle in the eyes: 1: the giraffe would have to be hidden up a very tall tree. After the effort to get up the tree I can imagine the giraffe to be hungry..so, voila 2 problems solved. 2: real cereal is purely riled oats, everything else I’d classified junk food but not cereals. Soup on the other hand starts off with a broth to which you can add whatever your heart desires to make a soup. No 3: my big brother always wants to know what I am up to. No 4: Best football team in the world but not right now. No5: Over of course for me. My paper is embossed and has flowers printed on it, both of which only show when hung over. And it doesn’t matter if you are right or left handed... a sunny day to all H.

It's not Tuesday but the day does begin with a T so lets have ALL NEW QUESTIONS !

1. I would hide a giraffe in the giraffe enclosure at the zoo.
2. Soup = vegetables in stock (well, it does to me as a vegetarian), cereal = puffed rice, oats or corn + fruit and nuts, but in milk
3. The people
4. a) Some of the greatest animal lovers in the world. b) The density of people on this little island.
5. Pffft. :mobibabe: That you should even have to ask this question. Over, of course!

Back
Top Bottom