terse fragments

IMG_6334.jpeg

Wild iris

The grocery store I frequent has placed wheel lock on their carts after so many walked. To be fair, people didn’t steal them so much as permanently borrow them. They could be seen walking casually their carts to and from with store with their groceries. Beware, though if you park at the perimeter of the lot, the wheels lock before you get to your car.

Do you have your head in a tree? I can’t quite figure this out.
I'm standing up inside the tree, looking up. It's a good-sized redwood that's taken damage from fire and other causes, so it's lost its center at ground level, but is still intact (and alive) above. The photo's a bit darkish, so some of the wood may look like bark, but it's all interior wood.

I'm standing up inside the tree, looking up. It's a good-sized redwood that's taken damage from fire and other causes, so it's lost its center at ground level, but is still intact (and alive) above. The photo's a bit darkish, so some of the wood may look like bark, but it's all interior wood.
How cool. Indeed inside a tree.

I really like the shadows. They would work nicely in a appstraction. Were you able to get a shot of the shadows without the figurines?
I was thinking about this. How do you go about getting a photo of the shadow, without the object, and without the shadow becoming distended, and without additional shadow of the photographer and/or camera?

So I thought, well, rather than photograph the shadow, why not create one? So I asked for a silhouette of two giraffes from MidJourney, but of course it wouldn’t do anything that simple.

juryjone_silhouette_of_two_giraffes_8c8bffc1-69e3-469c-a1be-3f850f1751db.png

Using iColorama, I used Threshold, Blur and Multi to get a shadow I liked.

IMG_0507.jpeg

And then I used it here in a surrealistic way.

IMG_0508.jpeg

I was thinking about this. How do you go about getting a photo of the shadow, without the object, and without the shadow becoming distended, and without additional shadow of the photographer and/or camera?

So I thought, well, rather than photograph the shadow, why not create one? So I asked for a silhouette of two giraffes from MidJourney, but of course it wouldn’t do anything that simple.

View attachment 193742

View attachment 193743

View attachment 193744
I’m starstruck :cool: :thumbs:

View attachment 193742

View attachment 193743

View attachment 193744
Aha! That works. And I think I could also do a silhouette shot of the giraffes and then follow through in iColorama as you describe, which would allow me to pose the pieces as I want.

I did just take some photos of the shadows. I couldn't take them straight on, of course, so the captures will need more or less perspective correction. (If I try to position the phone between the two items so that it shoots past them, then its shadow gets in the way.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom