terse fragments

I took a stab at something like Jerry's method, though with a bit different route through iColorama. I ended up with a black background, so I used ACDSee Pro to invert it. The righthand giraffe came out looking like a tall fox, but not too bad.

IMG_6664.jpeg

I took a stab at something like Jerry's method, though with a bit different route through iColorama. I ended up with a black background, so I used ACDSee Pro to invert it. The righthand giraffe came out looking like a tall fox, but not too bad.

View attachment 193757
Beautiful dreamy giraffes. I'm trying to see a "tall fox" to the right, but my brain is stuck with giraffe

I was thinking about this. How do you go about getting a photo of the shadow, without the object, and without the shadow becoming distended, and without additional shadow of the photographer and/or camera?

So I thought, well, rather than photograph the shadow, why not create one? So I asked for a silhouette of two giraffes from MidJourney, but of course it wouldn’t do anything that simple.

View attachment 193742

Using iColorama, I used Threshold, Blur and Multi to get a shadow I liked.

View attachment 193743

And then I used it here in a surrealistic way.

View attachment 193744
Love these!!

I was thinking about this. How do you go about getting a photo of the shadow, without the object, and without the shadow becoming distended, and without additional shadow of the photographer and/or camera?

So I thought, well, rather than photograph the shadow, why not create one? So I asked for a silhouette of two giraffes from MidJourney, but of course it wouldn’t do anything that simple.

View attachment 193742

Using iColorama, I used Threshold, Blur and Multi to get a shadow I liked.

View attachment 193743

And then I used it here in a surrealistic way.

View attachment 193744
Not sure if I like the shadows or the zepplin better. :lmao: Very clever.

Very pretty! I’m in Redwood City right now
I lived in that area years ago, first in Belmont, then in Menlo Park, and last in Burlingame. For those of you who've never been there, this area sits between Silicon Valley and San Jose to the south and San Francisco to the north and is usually called The Peninsula. It's a series of little towns all sitting cheek by jowl so that you cross from one into another without realizing it: Palo Alto, Menlo Park, Atherton, Redwood City, San Carlos, Belmont, San Mateo, Burlingame, Millbrae, San Bruno, South San Francisco, and San Francisco (I mean, The City :lmao: )

I lived in that area years ago, first in Belmont, then in Menlo Park, and last in Burlingame. For those of you who've never been there, this area sits between Silicon Valley and San Jose to the south and San Francisco to the north and is usually called The Peninsula. It's a series of little towns all sitting cheek by jowl so that you cross from one into another without realizing it: Palo Alto, Menlo Park, Atherton, Redwood City, San Carlos, Belmont, San Mateo, Burlingame, Millbrae, San Bruno, South San Francisco, and San Francisco (I mean, The City :lmao:)
It’s so pretty out here. That whole area is beautiful !! Our middle son went to school out here and never came home.

Back
Top Bottom