Mobi365 Ubbyisis’ Project 365 - 2022

I would love to live in an old house. Our house was built in 1983. The reason we chose this house although it wasn’t old was that we loved the location just at the edge of a vast forest area….. we had no idea that the forest owner would start to go berserk just a few years later.
We don’t know who lived in the now almost invisible cottages around here. Probably hard working poor people, could have been so called ”statare” (read here Statare - Wikipedia ). Or it could have been soldiers with their families who had small crofts allotted to them. See Allotment system - Wikipedia Old soldiers' tiny cottages our found in many places and were popular as summer cottages before people started wanting to have large villas for summer houses.

I wish I could explain better and I would love to go back in time and see this area let's say 200 years ago
I too love old houses :) there was much more personal effort and detail put into building them!

Day 360 - December 26th Annandag jul - Missing him already

We drove Linus back to his place this afternoon.

Native cam, edits with Pixomatic and Snapseed

9991EB7B-836C-4F4F-A91D-56C932EEA597.png

At breakfast earlier today :)

3886A0AB-B40C-4E83-96AD-C518345ACA12.jpeg

Day 362 - December 28th - Giant catkin :D

We took an extra long walk today. Perfect winter weather. The only thing missing was frost in the trees. Lots of clouds like the one i the first photo. I thought it looked like a catkin :)

Tiny edits in LRM

1F31673A-E802-4797-9F27-BA3C31523ACF.jpeg

A double selfie to celebrate the sunny weather. "God fortsättning" is a phrase we use in Sweden during the days between "Merry Christmas" and "Happy New Year"

edits in LRM and Picsart

F1F8F6BA-EBAA-4E01-B58C-1297CEA8C1BC.jpeg

Day 362 - December 28th - Giant catkin :D

We took an extra long walk today. Perfect winter weather. The only thing missing was frost in the trees. Lots of clouds like the one i the first photo. I thought it looked like a catkin :)

Tiny edits in LRM

View attachment 188530

A double selfie to celebrate the sunny weather. "God fortsättning" is a phrase we use in Sweden during the days between "Merry Christmas" and "Happy New Year"

edits in LRM and Picsart
I’m sure it’s an angel wing

Day 363 - December 29th - Perhaps I should start a late career as an influencer :D

This could be a marketing post for rainwear for active seniors :) It's absolutely nasty outside today and when we went out for our daily walk we said "except for dog owners only people who are completely nuts take a walk on a day like this" :cool:

I edited this in Picsart and chose their relatively new feature AI Enhance to make the photo more like a marketing photo :rolleyes:

ABE56F2B-F1B7-4511-94C0-F17054442685.jpeg

original - and more natural....

966A7B89-624A-4006-90EE-C41B817CF28A.jpeg

Day 353 - December 19th - I’m exhausted :coffee:

The last years My husband has fixed the Christmas shopping as it’s kind of complicated and scary for me with my silly stomach. This year he wanted me to come with him. Next year I’ll refuse again :D People everywhere even on a Monday. I personally think we could skip buying gifts and stuff for Christmas, but there’s a strong tradition in my side of the family. And my sister and my Mom would be so sad. So I continue to play the game.

Stuff - edits in Picsart and iColorama

View attachment 188324
I feel you. I quit the manic consumer part of Christmas many years ago. I used to really enjoy all the gift giving and getting, but I’m glad that part is over. I’d much rather just go on a trip somewhere.

I admit - I was a fanatic party animal when I was younger :whistle:
Haha!! Me too!! My entire time at university was one giant party, as was my 2 month Europe backpacking trip after graduation. I’m glad for the fun times and memories (well….those things I CAN remember!! Good thing there were no camera phones then!) but I cannot party AT ALL now. One drink and I’m loopy as hell. :lmao:

Day 358 - December 24th Julafton - Mission completed :thumbs:

We're home again after the Christmas party with my wild family. Lots of fun and I wasn't too disturbed by my health issues. Linus was super happy of course. We were 16 people in total. I'm not used to crowds nowadays - I feel very tired but happy that everything went smoother than my worst suspicions.

On our way. Shot from the front seat in an akward position.

View attachment 188417

My brother's huge Christmas tree

View attachment 188418
I’m so digging Linus’ style!!

Day 363 - December 29th - Perhaps I should start a late career as an influencer :D

This could be a marketing post for rainwear for active seniors :) It's absolutely nasty outside today and when we went out for our daily walk we said "except for dog owners only people who are completely nuts take a walk on a day like this" :cool:

I edited this in Picsart and chose their relatively new feature AI Enhance to make the photo more like a marketing photo :rolleyes:

View attachment 188552

original - and more natural....

View attachment 188553
It would make a perfect ad! :lol:

Day 364 - December 30th - Three moments of beauty on an otherwise grey and dull day

Almost all the snow has melted now. And, which is better, most of the ice on the roads. Mostly a grey day but I’ve managed to capture three short moments of nature’s beauty.

At sunrise the sky was completely covered. But about an hour later we got 5 minutes of magical golden winter sunlight. Edits in LRM and iColorama.

767895DA-F8CF-44F5-A851-5994A4D97A4D.jpeg

From my daily walk. Noticed that the thick ice on these "pools" had been mixed with meltwater. Edits in LRM and iColorama

DB7813E8-6F91-411A-92A6-5179C6CF0BF1.jpeg

About an hour after sunset I thought: "Time to get done with today's Mobi posting. I must go out for a smoke to get inspiration :whistle:" And there it was, the half moon. When I had finished my sinning the moon got covered. Minor edits in LRM. I was extra lucky as the lights from a car coming closer lit up the trees.

E264916A-8076-48CF-B031-A3232100265A.jpeg

Day 364 - December 30th - Three moments of beauty on an otherwise grey and dull day

Almost all the snow has melted now. And, which is better, most of the ice on the roads. Mostly a grey day but I’ve managed to capture three short moments of nature’s beauty.

At sunrise the sky was completely covered. But about an hour later we got 5 minutes of magical golden winter sunlight. Edits in LRM and iColorama.

View attachment 188609

From my daily walk. Noticed that the thick ice on these "pools" had been mixed with meltwater. Edits in LRM and iColorama

View attachment 188610

About an hour after sunset I thought: "Time to get done with today's Mobi posting. I must go out for a smoke to get inspiration :whistle:" And there it was, the half moon. When I had finished my sinning the moon got covered. Minor edits in LRM. I was extra lucky as the lights from a car coming closer lit up the trees.

View attachment 188611
:) I especially love the one with the trees and icy water, very wintry! I gave up sinning (smoking) a couple of years ago, sometimes I miss it still but it had got so so expensive a habit, I'd read a book and at the end was a link to a hypnotherapy track which I listened to, I thought ah well that didn't work but then after every time I smoked a cigarette I felt so awful, just nauseous and a horrible taste in my mouth, I gave up so I guess it did work :lmao:

:) I especially love the one with the trees and icy water, very wintry! I gave up sinning (smoking) a couple of years ago, sometimes I miss it still but it had got so so expensive a habit, I'd read a book and at the end was a link to a hypnotherapy track which I listened to, I thought ah well that didn't work but then after every time I smoked a cigarette I felt so awful, just nauseous and a horrible taste in my mouth, I gave up so I guess it did work :lmao:
I’m a restless person who thinks and worries too much too often. I’m also or ”all-or-nothing” person. Before my stoma surgery almost 10 years ago I was using food and wine and cigarettes and working way too much. Some kind of self-medication I guess. Nowadays I neither drink nor overeat and as for work I got an early retirement for health reasons. I only eat once a day because my stomach becomes my worst enemy after every food intake. So my fuel to keep me going is cigarettes and espresso and my daily walks :coffee: I might be a bit cynical but I often think that there's a higher risk that I suddenly die of the next ileus any day than of the cigarettes. I might be wrong, but stupidly enough I don't even want to stop smoking. Very expensive bad habit though. This may sound even weirder but I've thought of cultivating cannabis to get organic pain killers. That could also lead to less cigarettes. Just that cannabis is so super illegal in Sweden so you have to get in touch with criminals to get seeds:eek:

Is there medicinal cannabis in Sweden ? We have ‘CBD oil’ . Doctors go through extensive ‘training’ to be able to prescribe. Laborious paperwork, and the product is expensive for the patient. Several people I work with are prescribed cbd oil: mainly for chronic pain /inflammatory conditions, some to assist with anxiety, appetite . . . Couple of other things I can’t recall.

like many new treatments, it seems likely it will take a while for cbd oil to become part of mainstream medical practice.

Is there medicinal cannabis in Sweden ? We have ‘CBD oil’ . Doctors go through extensive ‘training’ to be able to prescribe. Laborious paperwork, and the product is expensive for the patient. Several people I work with are prescribed cbd oil: mainly for chronic pain /inflammatory conditions, some to assist with anxiety, appetite . . . Couple of other things I can’t recall.

like many new treatments, it seems likely it will take a while for cbd oil to become part of mainstream medical practice.
Fairly recently they’ve started to prescribe medicinal cannabis. But very restrictively for just a few conditions. And just a few doctors at specialized hospital clinics are allowed to prescribe it. I tested my ordinary doctor once and said jokingly that perhaps we should try cannabis instead of the more conventional painkillers. He joked back and I could hear in his tone and see in his eyes that he thought it could be worth trying, only that he doesn’t have the right :whistle:

Fairly recently they’ve started to prescribe medicinal cannabis. But very restrictively for just a few conditions. And just a few doctors at specialized hospital clinics are allowed to prescribe it. I tested my ordinary doctor once and said jokingly that perhaps we should try cannabis instead of the more conventional painkillers. He joked back and I could hear in his tone and see in his eyes that he thought it could be worth trying, only that he doesn’t have the right :whistle:
Perhaps he could put you in touch with someone who could. Too bad it’s so illegal. You certainly have the proper green house and horticultural expert to grow a very respectable crop. :D I can go to the Weed Warehouse about 8 miles from my house and buy every manner of cannabis product imaginable. (I don’t, craft beer is my drug of choice) Isn’t it amazing the difference is attitudes and policies around the world?

Perhaps he could put you in touch with someone who could. Too bad it’s so illegal. You certainly have the proper green house and horticultural expert to grow a very respectable crop. :D I can go to the Weed Warehouse about 8 miles from my house and buy every manner of cannabis product imaginable. (I don’t, craft beer is my drug of choice) Isn’t it amazing the difference is attitudes and policies around the world?
Yes, it’s amazing. Sweden is one of the last strongholds to say nono to cannabis.

Back
Top Bottom