What are you watching?

Brand New Cherry Flavour - Netflix

Horror that doesn't take itself too seriously, but still not for the squeamish. I very much enjoyed it recently.

So I’m almost finished with “Station Eleven” on HBO Max (10 episode limited series) about a virus that kills off most of the population….yeah, it’s not “light” material but it’s fabulous.

Just watched World War Z. How it gets a 7/10 on IMDB is beyond me (it uses the "lightning that thinks" plot device) but the entry for Peter Capaldi in the cast list caught my eye.
Clipboard01.jpg

Ahhh its just a popcorn movie, its not that bad. Zombies and Brad Pitt, what were you expecting
Oh agreed, I wasn't expecting much, got what I expected and am happy with that. It's the 7/10 I disagree with. I'd give it a 4 or 5.
I watched The Hunt over the weekend. Another popcorn action/slasher movie. I'd give that a 7.

Last edited:
This one’s not going to be for everyone, but I found it hilarious. “Last Man on Earth” (Hulu). Weirdly, another “virus kills everyone on the planet” premise, but this was created in 2015 and episode one opens with “Post virus 2020”. :openmouth: I vacillated from laughing hysterically at Will Forte to being completely annoyed and wanting to slap him. :lol: Kristen Schaal is EVERYTHING. And the brief famous people cameos are hilarious.

Bo Burnham: Inside

Comedy, comedy songs, one room, and several months of lockdown.
There's echoes of Tim Minchins comedy musical genius (and if you've missed Tim Minchin, check out his 2000's stuff (Ready for This? for instance).)
As well as funny, he's musically talented, a good sense of stage, lighting, camera work and editing. Up to date references, clever, satirical and fresh.
I laughed out loud. Shook me out of my dull existence by letting me laugh at his. Best thing I've seen this year.

Rotten Tomatoes (which I much prefer over IMDB
I used to but they've been getting right on my nerves over the last 12 months. Thier listings are all over the place, inconsistent and changable.
Today the top dvd shows 1 movie and there are no new releases and no coming soon.
Clipboard02.jpg

And when there is a list the "sort by release date" bears only a loose similarity to any calendar I know. There's one or two movies from Jan, one from Feb and none from March, which we're half way through; nearly 3 months of data missing. And that's if you can trust the data from more than 3 months ago is accurate.
Clipboard01.jpg

It wasn't like this a year or more ago. Lists were up to date regularly, actually in the sort order they say they are in and not completely blank.

I give rotten tomatoes performance in the last 12 months
1647459130511.png
44%

My favorite show is actually a franchise: Star Trek. I love it all. I've been a Star Trek fan since the 1960s. There was a period in the early 2000s when I didn't have cable, so I missed out on a few seasons of Voyager and Enterprise, but thanks to Paramount+, I've now caught up. I think there are just a few episodes of the animated series I still need to watch.

The finale for Season 4 of Discovery was just a couple days ago, and I loved it. Very emotional, and with an amazing cameo at the end.
Georgia activist and Gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams
played the President of United Earth, and she was amazing.

Picard Season 2 is up to its third episode. I love watching the chemistry between Sir Patrick Stewart and John de Lancie, and between Michelle Hurd and Jerri Ryan. So much fun.

My favorite show is actually a franchise: Star Trek. I love it all. I've been a Star Trek fan since the 1960s. There was a period in the early 2000s when I didn't have cable, so I missed out on a few seasons of Voyager and Enterprise, but thanks to Paramount+, I've now caught up. I think there are just a few episodes of the animated series I still need to watch.

The finale for Season 4 of Discovery was just a couple days ago, and I loved it. Very emotional, and with an amazing cameo at the end.

Picard Season 2 is up to its third episode. I love watching the chemistry between Sir Patrick Stewart and John de Lancie, and between Michelle Hurd and Jerri Ryan. So much fun.
!!!!!!!!DITTO!!!!!!!!!
We perpetually are watching Star Trek. Each evening with our dinner we watch an episode of some series or other. Currently we are in the 6th season of Deep Space Nine. We’ll do Voyager next then back to the original. We have been riveted to Discovery and Picard. We do that on Saturday morning with breakfast. Maybe we’re nuts, but we like it. We do watch Jeopardy after the Treks during the week, just you know we do vary things a bit.

!!!!!!!!DITTO!!!!!!!!!
We perpetually are watching Star Trek. Each evening with our dinner we watch an episode of some series or other. Currently we are in the 6th season of Deep Space Nine. We’ll do Voyager next then back to the original. We have been riveted to Discovery and Picard. We do that on Saturday morning with breakfast. Maybe we’re nuts, but we like it. We do watch Jeopardy after the Treks during the week, just you know we do vary things a bit.
I never really got on with deep space 9 or Enterprise, I feel they completely missed the mark with that train wreck (or should that be trek wreck?) and as for that theme song, don't get me started.
But those two aside trek is fab, I never saw the appeal with star wars but Trek does many things right.

Last edited:
I never really got on with deep space 9 or Enterprise, I feel they completely missed the mark with that train wreck (or should that be trek wreck?) and as for that theme song, don't get me started.
But those two aside trek is fab, I never saw the appeal with star wars but Trek does many things right.
I had totally forgotten Enterprise. Apparently it didn’t make much of an impression. I love DS9. Star Wars 4-6 I liked the others, not so much.

I love animated films. It might be because I grew up in the '60s/'70s watching Saturday morning cartoons, and I just retained my love for the medium. I even went through a big anime phase from the mid-'90s to about ten years ago. I still love anime, I'm just not active in the fandom any more.

A few nights ago, I watched Pixar's newest movie, Turning Red. It was a lot of fun. For a first time director, Domee Shi really knocked it out of the park. It got me thinking I've actually not watched too many Pixar movies over the last few years, so I've gone back and started watching the ones I missed, starting with Toy Story 3. Last night was Monsters University. Tonight I'll be watching Inside Out.

In fact over the past ten years, other than Turning Red, the only one I did see was Incredibles 2. I even went to the theater to see it. That's how much I loved the original.

I love animated films. It might be because I grew up in the '60s/'70s watching Saturday morning cartoons, and I just retained my love for the medium. I even went through a big anime phase from the mid-'90s to about ten years ago. I still love anime, I'm just not active in the fandom any more.

A few nights ago, I watched Pixar's newest movie, Turning Red. It was a lot of fun. For a first time director, Domee Shi really knocked it out of the park. It got me thinking I've actually not watched too many Pixar movies over the last few years, so I've gone back and started watching the ones I missed, starting with Toy Story 3. Last night was Monsters University. Tonight I'll be watching Inside Out.

In fact over the past ten years, other than Turning Red, the only one I did see was Incredibles 2. I even went to the theater to see it. That's how much I loved the original.
I watched the Incredibles and Incredibles 2 a few months ago. I every much enjoyed them. (I do watch somethings that aren’t Star Trek on Sundays when Mike’s off playing darts.)

Back
Top Bottom