What are you watching?

A feature I like is the “continue watching” so when I start watching a show, but haven’t added it to my list, it’s always there.
I LOVE that feature. :thumbs:
And the fact that it doesn't matter if I was watching on my TV (I can access Netflix through my TiVo), a desktop, my iPhone... I can start wherever I left off.

Yes! Excellent stuff.
And as we're talking TV, I'm on series 2 of Legion. I'm normally a bit bored of comic book crossovers bit this has a style, story and mood of its own.
The most recent Westworld episode was just heartbreaking, and fantastic use of Nirvana on the cello.
Not seen Legion but I've heard good things.

I loved the movie and actors so much, I can’t imagine a series? :confused:

It’s brilliant imo. I had the same concerns, especially since it seemed to be more Noah Hawley’s baby than the Coens’. I’m disappointed (like a few million other fans) to have run out of seasons. Season 4 might be filmed this year?

Edit: This short Guardian review puts it well, I think: ‘Watching the TV take on the Coen brothers' 1996 movie is like revisiting an old funfair: strange at first, then all the happy memories come flooding back’

Yes! Excellent stuff.
And as we're talking TV, I'm on series 2 of Legion. I'm normally a bit bored of comic book crossovers bit this has a style, story and mood of its own.

Legion is Hawley’s other series, yeah? Comic book crossover ?? Gawd. But he did such a good job on Fargo, I’ll have to watch at least episode one :)

Legion is Hawley’s other series, yeah? Comic book crossover ?? Gawd. But he did such a good job on Fargo, I’ll have to watch at least episode one :)
I didn't know Hawley from Adam before you mentioned him but now I know I can see his touch in both series. There's a stillness in both and a sense of going at their own pace. Legion has a strong 60's psychedelic styling and psycho drama themes running through it.

It’s brilliant imo. I had the same concerns, especially since it seemed to be more Noah Hawley’s baby than the Coens’. I’m disappointed (like a few million other fans) to have run out of seasons. Season 4 might be filmed this year?

Edit: This short Guardian review puts it well, I think: ‘Watching the TV take on the Coen brothers' 1996 movie is like revisiting an old funfair: strange at first, then all the happy memories come flooding back’
Okay, I may need to add this to my watch list. :thumbs:

Right now I am watching a long time favourite Midsomer Murders, new S20 was just posted so I have all six shows.

I am a big fan of some foreign tv shows.
Rejseholdet Unit One) from Denmark. There 32 episodes over four seasons. Typical Scandinavian Police show.
My Love from Another Star from Korea that I quite like. 21 episodes, Sci-Fi
De Dag (The Day) from Belgium, 10 episode in the first season that just finished airing.
Bron/Broen (The Bridge) from Sweden, 10 episodes in the current season 4.

Right now I am watching a long time favourite Midsomer Murders, new S20 was just posted so I have all six shows.

Rejseholdet Unit One) from Denmark. There 32 episodes over four seasons. Typical Scandinavian Police show.
De Dag (The Day) from Belgium, 10 episode in the first season that just finished airing.
What a unique list of shows! Where do you watch these, on your cable lineup or online?

What a unique list of shows! Where do you watch these, on your cable lineup or online?
I download almost all the shows I watch. Biggest advantage to me is zero commercials and I can watch them when I want to, and I can watch on my iPad, 24” iMac or our 52” tv. There are sites that have a lot of the older and some brand new foreign tv shows. Some I know have been on NetFlix but I never bought that. If I like the show I burn the episodes or series to DVD and I have a lot of binders full of them. I have every episode of Midsomer Murders from S01 all the way to S20 and yes I will rewatch them or my kids will come over and borrow the dvd’s. Most of what I watch on cable is the sports that nobody captures, like Canadian Football and car races. When a new show starts I will watch a couple episodes on TV and if I like it I will download them.
I use a custom spreadsheet and text files to keep track of what I have kept on DVD and its a lot.
Shows like the original Avengers, NCIS, MASH etc

I’m right with you on all of these. Midsomer Murders - love it. It’s not to be taken seriously (seriously, there’s so many murders in this county, it would definitely come under scrutiny). And I love any of the sub-titled crime series from Scandinavia and Europe. I don’t know the Korean one though. I’ll investigate.:thumbs:

I’m right with you on all of these. Midsomer Murders - love it. It’s not to be taken seriously (seriously, there’s so many murders in this county, it would definitely come under scrutiny). And I love any of the sub-titled crime series from Scandinavia and Europe. I don’t know the Korean one though. I’ll investigate.:thumbs:
Just watched the first episode on YouTube. What with it being father's day on on strict instructions to sit on my arse and be waited on. :rolleyes:

My current favorites are both on Amazon...Bosch and Goliath. I highly recommend both of them. There are four (I think) seasons of Bosch and the second season of Goliath was just released this past Friday.

Back
Top Bottom