What are you watching?

Ok its the second time you've mentioned VPN Ann, I have no idea what that is apart from the VPN that enables a private network, I'm curious?
John, it's exactly that but a Virtual Private Network not only enables you to be secure over an unsecure wifi connection, it also enables you to 'pretend' you are elsewhere. So I subscribe to a VPN service which costs me £5 a month. This was crucial in HK because it links to a UK server so that it appears I am in the UK and I can watch BBC iPlayer or ITV hub as well as Amazon Prime. I can use it through a US server and then access videos only available to people in the US. One day I think we will all need it for security reasons but it's damn useful for accessing overseas content.

You can get free apps which do this for free by the way but not sure how secure they actually are. They might be fine.

John, it's exactly that but a Virtual Private Network not only enables you to be secure over an unsecure wifi connection, it also enables you to 'pretend' you are elsewhere. So I subscribe to a VPN service which costs me £5 a month. This was crucial in HK because it links to a UK server so that it appears I am in the UK and I can watch BBC iPlayer or ITV hub as well as Amazon Prime. I can use it through a US server and then access videos only available to people in the US. One day I think we will all need it for security reasons but it's damn useful for accessing overseas content.

You can get apps which do this for free by the way but not sure how secure they actually are. They might be fine.
I get ya :thumbs:

I have to be in the mood to mess around with images (and that mood has alluded me for awhile) and since the shows I watch are ones I love, it doesn’t feel so much of a waste to me. Except on a beautiful weekend afternoon when I know I should be outside on a hike or riding my bike. I would feel worse if I was sitting around all day or night watching soap operas. :lol:
I can totally appreciate that. This was exactly what I did when I worked. No energy for anything else.

Well, the past week I have just watched two series of Landscape Artist of the Year and honestly I'd watch that any day above lots of the other stuff. It makes me feel totally like an old granny but to be honest I'm not far off that! :lol:

Well, the past week I have just watched two series of Landscape Artist of the Year and honestly I'd watch that any day above lots of the other stuff. It makes me feel totally like an old granny but to be honest I'm not far off that! :lol:
LOL

sinnerjohn I started watching The OA... I’m intrigued, but not “sucked in” yet... On episode 3 at the moment. I think you said it took you awhile to love it... I’m still a bit confused but I have hopes it’s going to kick it up a notch.

While out for supper last night as some friends’ place they wanted to show us their new TV. After trying a few channels they landed on a BBC Earth channel with the most wonderful images of a wide range on nature topics. Down in the right corner was a BBC Earth logo and a little message indicating the channel was in free preview mode. Presumably to become a paid channel before long. It was so much more watchable than the usual ad-infested TV dramas. It had wonderful nature features from all over the world. There was one section that featured a couple from Nova Scotia who run a rescue centre for injured wild animals. They were visiting another similar place in Florida to learn more rescue techniques. Then a terrific segment about snow leopards, some of it being recorded by remote controlled unmanned wildlife cameras. All beautiful full HD. Then underwater, whew. Another segment featuring marine animals that ended up very far from their normal habitat. The whole thing was excellent.

While out for supper last night as some friends’ place they wanted to show us their new TV. After trying a few channels they landed on a BBC Earth channel with the most wonderful images of a wide range on nature topics. Down in the right corner was a BBC Earth logo and a little message indicating the channel was in free preview mode. Presumably to become a paid channel before long. It was so much more watchable than the usual ad-infested TV dramas. It had wonderful nature features from all over the world. There was one section that featured a couple from Nova Scotia who run a rescue centre for injured wild animals. They were visiting another similar place in Florida to learn more rescue techniques. Then a terrific segment about snow leopards, some of it being recorded by remote controlled unmanned wildlife cameras. All beautiful full HD. Then underwater, whew. Another segment featuring marine animals that ended up very far from their normal habitat. The whole thing was excellent.

Oooo... I’ll have to check and see if I have that channel!

EDIT: Bummer, I don’t have that channel.

Oooo... I’ll have to check and see if I have that channel!

EDIT: Bummer, I don’t have that channel.

Now that’s a funny thing. It never occurred to me to check if we have that channel at home.
Edit: Nope. We don’t have it either. Hundreds of useless channels and not the one I’m looking for.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom