Dolly Where in the World is Dolly??

Wow that was quick. So they can go to Bali. Lucky girls. I hope they packed their bikinis.:lol:
Yes! The weather has been awful so not much activity here in HK. I took them on the trams today but it was jam packed so didn't get to the front to take photos. They said it was okay because the masses of people were just walking around like sheep so they felt quite comfortable with that :D.

Yes! The weather has been awful so not much activity here in HK. I took them on the trams today but it was jam packed so didn't get to the front to take photos. They said it was okay because the masses of people were just walking around like sheep so they felt quite comfortable with that :D.
:lol:

Yippee, Dolly and Molly are in Hong Kong. Well done Tara! They were keen to see the view straight out of their first-class transport! They're a bit jet lagged but I told them they will have to stay awake all day otherwise they'll never get over it! So we went down into town to the Urban Bakery to have a strong coffee. They can't wait to have a go on the trams.

View attachment 80903

Looking at all the posh shops in HK from the Urban Bakery
View attachment 80904
WHOOHOO!!!! The girls made it to Hong Kong!!! How exciting... I know they are going to have a fab visit. :inlove: :D :D :D

LOL!!! :D

We are having dreadful weather in HK at the moment. Raining constantly but wanted to get out on Saturday for timestamp. No point in going to the Peak or taking the famous Star Ferry. Tram too crammed. :p Anyhow, got my photo for timestamp and then next door was a hotel with two lions at the entrance which is a common sight throughout China.

History for those who are interested: they represent supremacy and majesty but they are also believed to protect humans from evil spirits and demons. They are usually a pair at an entrance, male and female with the male having one paw on a ball meaning power and the female with a paw on a cub meaning nurture. This is the female with the baby under her left paw.

Dolly and Molly were really impressed but Dolly was a bit nervous when I put them up there for a selfie. Molly was trying to look nonchalant.

I think they are looking forward to some sunshine in Bali next week! Me too actually :cool:.

image.jpeg

The girls thoroughly frustrated today. Here they are peering out of the kitchen window at the back looking at the dreary weather. Oh well, they have been watching the Olympic Games. They've been cheering on everybody - said they had so many friends all over the world they couldn't possibly choose.

image.jpeg

We are having dreadful weather in HK at the moment. Raining constantly but wanted to get out on Saturday for timestamp. No point in going to the Peak or taking the famous Star Ferry. Tram too crammed. :p Anyhow, got my photo for timestamp and then next door was a hotel with two lions at the entrance which is a common sight throughout China.

History for those who are interested: they represent supremacy and majesty but they are also believed to protect humans from evil spirits and demons. They are usually a pair at an entrance, male and female with the male having one paw on a ball meaning power and the female with a paw on a cub meaning nurture. This is the female with the baby under her left paw.

Dolly and Molly were really impressed but Dolly was a bit nervous when I put them up there for a selfie. Molly was trying to look nonchalant.

I think they are looking forward to some sunshine in Bali next week! Me too actually :cool:.

View attachment 80991
Thank you for the interesting history lesson, as well as the great images! Looks like they're having a blast despite the rain... I'm jealous about the elephant ride! [emoji1]

I'm leaving the UK on the 9th October so wondered whether you would be there by then?

In German we'd say "we are exchanging the door knob", means you leave and I'll come the next day. That's sad. I'd loved to have a tea with you somewhere. It's always exciting meeting up with people.
Maybe we'll have a chance somewhen in the future. [emoji4]

D&M insisted on a ride on the elephants on the way home.

View attachment 80992

This looks like it is an elephant from the parade that was across London some years ago. There was even a map to find them and I've seen a lot of them during my visit. After a limited time they went for auction, to gather money for saving the elephants. Maybe (I'm actually quite sure) this was one of them.

For the lioness picture: to be honest I wouldn't have recognised a baby lion under her foot. [emoji15] I'd thought she is smashing something with her power – and for the mane I'd thought it's a male one. [emoji15] thank you for all the information. That was awesomely interesting. [emoji106]

This looks like it is an elephant from the parade that was across London some years ago. There was even a map to find them and I've seen a lot of them during my visit. After a limited time they went for auction, to gather money for saving the elephants. Maybe (I'm actually quite sure) this was one of them.

For the lioness picture: to be honest I wouldn't have recognised a baby lion under her foot. [emoji15] I'd thought she is smashing something with her power – and for the mane I'd thought it's a male one. [emoji15] thank you for all the information. That was awesomely interesting. [emoji106]

Apparently, Hong Kong had its own Elephant Parade and their one hundred elephants were auctioned off too. :)

Yes, you are right. This is one of the elephants of that parade I am sure. There were loads in HK when I first arrived. I presume Pacific Place bought three because these are the ones on display.

Arrived in Bali, late last night or I suppose EARLY this morning. However, we had to get to breakfast before 10.30pm. Here are the girls enjoying their breakfast.

image.jpeg

Then it was a quick fruit juice for lunch next to the pool before going off to the golf course:

image.jpeg

The girls impressed me with their golf skills. Here they are on the signature hole:

View attachment 81154

Dolly was very excited to have her own caddy although she put her bag on her back just for the shot:

View attachment 81156

How brilliant is that. :lol: I love the golf bag and clubs. :inlove: Did you have to explain about Dolly and Molly's around the world trip to the ladies? I'd like to have heard that if you did. :D

The girls impressed me with their golf skills. Here they are on the signature hole:

View attachment 81154

Dolly was very excited to have her own caddy although she put her bag on her back just for the shot:

View attachment 81156
HOLY MOLY!!!! I am LMAO!!! Where did you find that golf bag?!?!?!? AND a baseball cap!!!! :lmao: :brilliant: :lol: :inlove: Dolly and Molly must have quite a trousseau by now.... :lol:

Did you have to explain about Dolly and Molly's around the world trip to the ladies? I'd like to have heard that if you did. :D
:thumbs: :D

How brilliant is that. :lol: I love the golf bag and clubs. :inlove: Did you have to explain about Dolly and Molly's around the world trip to the ladies? I'd like to have heard that if you did. :D
Well, the caddies were standing with Tom on the higher tee and saw me scrambling on the ground with these things and then lying on my stomach to get the shot. Tom said they looked at him as if I was insane. He then explained that it was part of a competition. They came scrambling down to my tee to have a look and were tickled pink! They immediately asked me what their names were. I thought that quite interesting - that they totally expected them to have names even in this part of the world. When I said Dolly and Molly they were in fits of laughter and when I suggested a photo they were really keen.

HOLY MOLY!!!! I am LMAO!!! Where did you find that golf bag?!?!?!? AND a baseball cap!!!! :lmao: :brilliant: :lol: :inlove: Dolly and Molly must have quite a trousseau by now.... :lol:

:thumbs: :D
Geez, their luggage nearly took us overweight! I have to say the Bourbon stayed at home. I'm a bit worried because I can't find the shoes. I think I put them somewhere 'safe' and now can't find them so they might end up following months later.

I rustled up the golf bag, clubs and hat quickly myself in polymer clay. I would normally have added more detail but a bit strapped for time. Not the best but hey 'Made in China' :lol:

image.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom