Dolly Where in the World is Dolly??

What's happened to zenjenny?
:confused:I'm sure she was on there originally.
Life is quite busy for our Jen right now (Uni, writing thesis, etc + all her time here on MT :notworthy: )... and she was afraid she would be a bummer for the girls.... just sitting around watching her study and type papers. :eek: She thought there might be a mutiny, or worse, they'd just decide to go on a walkabout one day, never to be seen again down under..... :sneaky: :eek: :barf: :cool:

Life is quite busy for our Jen right now (Uni, writing thesis, etc + all her time here on MT :notworthy: )... and she was afraid she would be a bummer for the girls.... just sitting around watching her study and type papers. :eek: She thought there might be a mutiny, or worse, they'd just decide to go on a walkabout one day, never to be seen again down under..... :sneaky: :eek: :barf: :cool:

Ohhhhhhh. :)

Sorry! No - all is well. I've just been sidelined and unorganized. I'm going to try to get the girls in the mail before I head out of town, tomorrow. Otherwise, I will definitely send them on their way early next week!

Sorry to delay the tour!
I've just had this super amazing idea but it might be too late. Have you sent off Dolly and Molly yet, Tara? If not, can I suggest that you send it off to JillyG. Then Jilly and Catherine could record their adventures together. There will probably be time to pass it on to John and I could get it on my trip to the UK when I am there from 6 Sept to 8 Oct?? Then the postage will be a lot cheaper 'cause it's so costly sending them here.

I've just had this super amazing idea but it might be too late. Have you sent off Dolly and Molly yet, Tara? If not, can I suggest that you send it off to JillyG. Then Jilly and Catherine could record their adventures together. There will probably be time to pass it on to John and I could get it on my trip to the UK when I am there from 6 Sept to 8 Oct?? Then the postage will be a lot cheaper 'cause it's so costly sending them here.

Bad idea. If so I'll never meet JillyG to hand them over physically. What may happen somewhere in October. – if the girls arrive at me before. [emoji16]

OK, I just got back into town yesterday and was going to send them today, but I can hold off for itinerary confirmation. What works best? I will let their "travel agent" RoseCat make the call. I should be able to send them off to the selected locale tomorrow or Friday.

I don't think there's much hope of Gouvy getting the girls in October quite honestly. :confused:
Well, what we could do is that I get D&M now, bring them with me to the UK on the 6th September. I send them immediately to John and then he onto you and Gouvy picks them up from you, takes them home and sends them off to Oz for the final run. Howzat?

Well, what we could do is that I get D&M now, bring them with me to the UK on the 6th September. I send them immediately to John and then he onto you and Gouvy picks them up from you, takes them home and sends them off to Oz for the final run. Howzat?

Where's RoseCat Catherine when you need her. Oh yes, Edinburgh.

OK! I'll send them to Ann today! :thumbs:

Took the girls on one last adventure in the interim. Hopefully, a few came out (challenging lighting). I also just realized I haven't posted any from the faire they came along to.

The girls are on their way to Ann's, probably literally on the slow boat to Hong Kong. (I had to ship first-class mail because the second least expensive option was $70. :eek:)

I will try to keep you entertained in the meantime with the photos I still haven't gotten around to!

The girls are on their way to Ann's, probably literally on the slow boat to Hong Kong. (I had to ship first-class mail because the second least expensive option was $70. :eek:)

I will try to keep you entertained in the meantime with the photos I still haven't gotten around to!
The girls might not get here on time to go to Bali in 10 days time unfortunately but you never know.

Yes, that's the problem. I can never order anything from the US because the mail is so expensive. On the otherhand the mail from here is dirt cheap. A friend of mine who used to live here comes over every November to visit his son and he posts his Christmas cards back to the UK from here because it's a quarter of the price :p.

The girls might not get here on time to go to Bali in 10 days time unfortunately but you never know.

Yes, that's the problem. I can never order anything from the US because the mail is so expensive. On the otherhand the mail from here is dirt cheap. A friend of mine who used to live here comes over every November to visit his son and he posts his Christmas cards back to the UK from here because it's a quarter of the price :p.

Sadly, it's not just Hong Kong that's expensive. I went on the USPS web site to see if it was less to send it to England first and it was the same. I checked FedEx and UPS (the two other major shipping companies) and they were even more. It's crazy. They must all have planes that fly regular routes to Asia.

Don't worry about me. I hope JillyG will have time to meet up with me even without D&M? [emoji15]
Maybe there are even more MobiToggers ready for a tea somewhere in/near London?
I'll play by ear. Whatever happens happens. [emoji4]

Don't worry about me. I hope JillyG will have time to meet up with me even without D&M? [emoji15]
Maybe there are even more MobiToggers ready for a tea somewhere in/near London?
I'll play by ear. Whatever happens happens. [emoji4]

Of course Gouvy. If you're in London then I'm in London :).

Yippee, Dolly and Molly are in Hong Kong. Well done Tara! They were keen to see the view straight out of their first-class transport! They're a bit jet lagged but I told them they will have to stay awake all day otherwise they'll never get over it! So we went down into town to the Urban Bakery to have a strong coffee. They can't wait to have a go on the trams.

image.jpeg

Looking at all the posh shops in HK from the Urban Bakery
image.jpeg

Yippee, Dolly and Molly are in Hong Kong. Well done Tara! They were keen to see the view straight out of their first-class transport! They're a bit jet lagged but I told them they will have to stay awake all day otherwise they'll never get over it! So we went down into town to the Urban Bakery to have a strong coffee. They can't wait to have a go on the trams.

View attachment 80903

View attachment 80904

Wow that was quick. So they can go to Bali. Lucky girls. I hope they packed their bikinis.:lol:

View attachment 80903

View attachment 80904

Holy cats! That was much faster than I expected! So glad they arrived safe and sound! Hooray for international adventures! :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom