Mobi366 Younger's project 366 - 2020

April 21
Portrait mode, Snapseed
15B7D7FA-0F0D-423C-B560-A425FEAF5E6E.jpeg

April 22
No edit
It was freshly painted. For those who haven’t heard of him, it’s an Australian cardinal who was convicted for sexual abuse and ended up getting out of jail way earlier than predicted. Hope it’s not too offensive, if it is please let me know and I’ll change.
35DB104B-07CC-4BB8-AAC8-87D21B345C26.jpeg

April 22
No edit
It was freshly painted. For those who haven’t heard of him, it’s an Australian cardinal who was convicted for sexual abuse and ended up getting out of jail way earlier than predicted. Hope it’s not too offensive, if it is please let me know and I’ll change.
View attachment 157021
I think we're all grown ups here :whistle: and erm....the pink is a nice contrast against the grey background :D

April 22
No edit
View attachment 157021
Wow, that pink just pops. Why was he let out early?

Wow, that pink just pops. Why was he let out early?
Because bad people usually have powerful friends. He was acquitted and it was quite controversial because the way it was done was very quick and apparently slightly unconventional for these situations.

Because bad people usually have powerful friends. He was acquitted and it was quite controversial because the way it was done was very quick and apparently slightly unconventional for these situations.

Also because he is (was?) the highest ranking Catholic clerk in the land.
before the trial ended I read in several opinion pieces that he would be convicted, sentenced and jailed and then released on appeal.
i imagine a lot of brokering going on as you say at very high levels.

I hope those courageous victims take home the message that on their words the highest Catholic position in our country was arrested tried convicted and jailed. . Not the [inevitable] end about him being released on “appeal” .

Also because he is (was?) the highest ranking Catholic clerk in the land.
before the trial ended I read in several opinion pieces that he would be convicted, sentenced and jailed and then released on appeal.
i imagine a lot of brokering going on as you say at very high levels.

I hope those courageous victims take home the message that on their words the highest Catholic position in our country was arrested tried convicted and jailed. . Not the [inevitable] end about him being released on “appeal” .
Very true. I guess it’s just me being a Brazilian and having grown up with this from left, right and center, and sometimes underestimating the power of messages like these, especially in a country like Australia ;)

Back
Top Bottom