Found Faces

Out for a Bite
image.jpeg

Here's one I found in the Birmingham Botanical Garden in Alabama recently...

Another icy face on a big icicle off my greenhouse.
View attachment 72882
Fusion HDR.

Every now & then, looking at the beauty of ice/snow landscapes and sculptures, I think having all that beauty around might make it worth being that cold for that long, so maybe I will move to . . . somewhere that ices up in winter. Then we have a couple of 2C nights here, and I think 'nah'. Thank god for shared images :inlove:

Every now & then, looking at the beauty of ice/snow landscapes and sculptures, I think having all that beauty around might make it worth being that cold for that long, so maybe I will move to . . . somewhere that ices up in winter. Then we have a couple of 2C nights here, and I think 'nah'. Thank god for shared images :inlove:
I guess it is just what we're used to. You become properly equipped with winter gear to suit the conditions. The more dramatic variations of the seasons makes it more interesting than just a long period of dullness. Winter has a wide range of unique beauty, from gently to savage, minimalist to striking details. Snowshoeing and skiing are lots of fun. You need to maintain a certain strength of mindset to deal with winter. Make the best of it. It seems the ability to deal with the cold declines with age. There are lots of people who spend the whole winter whining about the cold and snow. Me, I get out my skis, I go out with my camera, I think of shovelling the driveway as part of my fitness routine. All too soon it will be over and new spring growth will be popping up. Just when the temperature gets very enjoyable, the bugs come out, and then I wish for an unseasonable overnight frost to tame them down a while longer.

I guess it is just what we're used to. You become properly equipped with winter gear to suit the conditions. The more dramatic variations of the seasons makes it more interesting than just a long period of dullness. Winter has a wide range of unique beauty, from gently to savage, minimalist to striking details. Snowshoeing and skiing are lots of fun. You need to maintain a certain strength of mindset to deal with winter. Make the best of it. It seems the ability to deal with the cold declines with age. There are lots of people who spend the whole winter whining about the cold and snow. Me, I get out my skis, I go out with my camera, I think of shovelling the driveway as part of my fitness routine. All too soon it will be over and new spring growth will be popping up. Just when the temperature gets very enjoyable, the bugs come out, and then I wish for an unseasonable overnight frost to tame them down a while longer.
I do love the change in seasons.... but I don't care for the extremes (like winter and summer), so I have an ideal Weather World in my head: 2 months of Winter, 4 months of Spring, 2 months of Summer, 4 months of Autumn. That way things change, but you only have to deal with the really cold or the really hot for a brief time.

Anyone know of a part of the planet with this plan?? :sneaky: :lol:

I do love the change in seasons.... but I don't care for the extremes (like winter and summer), so I have an ideal Weather World in my head: 2 months of Winter, 4 months of Spring, 2 months of Summer, 4 months of Autumn. That way things change, but you only have to deal with the really cold or the really hot for a brief time.

Nice plan! Where I live we have lots of heat and humidity and some cold. It would be nice to have a more varied climate.

Maybe you need the dial-a-climate app. Just select the weather of your choice and hope no one else is also using the app nearby in case your choices are in opposition.

Maybe you need the dial-a-climate app. Just select the weather of your choice and hope no one else is also using the app nearby in case your choices are in opposition.
If you use Bluetooth instead of WiFi, you get more localized weather which minimizes conflicts, although pairing can sometimes be a problem.

My hubby tells me my body thermostat is broken. I've never been able to endure the cold, even mild coldest. Back in the UK he used to say that my study was like going into a furnace. Even now in HK with temperatures on 10 degrees C I'm dressed like the Michelin man. Having said that when my Mom was alive and in her 80s her flat was sweltering. Too hot for even me!

Now give me the heat and I can endure more than most although not quite so much as I used to mind.

My hubby tells me my body thermostat is broken. I've never been able to endure the cold, even mild coldest. Back in the UK he used to say that my study was like going into a furnace. Even now in HK with temperatures on 10 degrees C I'm dressed like the Michelin man. Having said that when my Mom was alive and in her 80s her flat was sweltering. Too hot for even me!

Now give me the heat and I can endure more than most although not quite so much as I used to mind.
My Fabi has trouble keeping warm even in summer, although neither of us do well when the temperature gets close to 30C. We sort of wilt and get lethargic. We have about 3 weeks in August when most people would call it "summer" temperatures.

Back
Top Bottom