Hipstamatic and storage

Hipstamatic doesn't store images in app anymore ... so that can't be the issue ... it's using 1.8 GB on my iPhone ... I guess it's the packs
I have absolutely nothing but packs in the Hipstamatic App and it is using just 610MB... :rog:

That is fully loaded with all packs, lenses, fillums & Cases... :D

Just a brief update, to reassure you we are not resting on our laurels... :eek:

I have spoken with Eric Rozen again but he has still not heard back from Hipstamatic about the storage issues... :rog:

He has promised to chase them up and will update us as soon as he hears anything from them... :thumbs:

Eric is as perplexed as the rest of us about this anomaly... :D

Thank you for the update, Venomator!

hmm... could it be that the issue occurs on older devices only ? ... The Hipstamatic team insisted that v300 was optimized for 6 and 6s when they released it.

Here on a 6s the app storage never exceeds a basic amount of 1.8GB ... meaning that when it's more than that by a few hundred MB, resetting the cache sets the app back to 1.8.

That's with almost all packs downloaded and using the app almost everyday currently.

off topic: I emailed them (again) to request a fully compatible iPad app (not just scaled). I mean this is ridiculous, with 300 Hipstamatic has become a cool editor, and I never shoot with it.

Any app that takes up GB is an app I would not keep. That's ridiculous.
The most room that an app I've had ever took up was around 7-800MB - and that was a video app with very analog and beautiful effects. Anything over that, I figure I'm probably not going to use on a phone.

Prepare to gasp.

My Hipsta app is now at 44gig

I have 2100 pix in my camera roll, 1500 were shot with Hipstamatic.

I have cleared caches, deleted shots, etc and it just keeps growing. I will have to do a reinstall I know, but hoping for a solution, as this is ridiculous.

iPhone 6s Plus 128g

Where do you find how much space it's taking up? I'm curious now (looked around Settings but couldn't find it?)

Prepare to gasp.

My Hipsta app is now at 44gig

I have 2100 pix in my camera roll, 1500 were shot with Hipstamatic.

I have cleared caches, deleted shots, etc and it just keeps growing. I will have to do a reinstall I know, but hoping for a solution, as this is ridiculous.

iPhone 6s Plus 128g
Ouchers... :eek:

It will simply be the number of iMages you have associated with the App Leslie...
:rog:

Yes, but the number doesn't seem to go down after deleting a lot of photos, so I think something else is going on.
You probably need to clear the cache each time... ;)

And to activate that you need to close and re-open the App itself... :D

Venomator Rog images shot or edited, starting with Hipstamatic 300, are just saved to the Photos app (Camera Roll). They can't be included in Hipstamatic used storage.

Concerning the cache, clearing it is cool but it should never contain more than a few hundred megs. But still, the bug must come from it I guess ... I emailed again their support guy (Allan) to report the issue and I gave him a link to this thread here.

Venomator Rog images shot or edited, starting with Hipstamatic 300, are just saved to the Photos app (Camera Roll). They can't be included in Hipstamatic used storage.

Concerning the cache, clearing it is cool but it should never contain more than a few hundred megs. But still, the bug must come from it I guess ... I emailed again their support guy (Allan) to report the issue and I gave him a link to this thread here.
That's what doesn't make sense to me either. I can delete 25% of the photos. Delete them from the recently deleted album. Clear the cache multiple times, close, reopen the app, and still Hipsta is taking up 43.7 gig. Absolutely has to be a bug, and a big one.

Wow! I thought mine was bad at 700-800MB (which is bad enough on a 16GB phone).

I only have one photo currently associated with the app. (I try to clear photos as soon as I'm through. See above, re: 16GB phone.) So, I don't think my issue is the number of photos.

It's frustrating, because I really like Hipsta a lot, but it means something else has to go - like iColorama, which also takes a whole lotta space, but doesn't appear to keep growing, like the ever expanding Hipsta Blob. :eek:

That's what doesn't make sense to me either. I can delete 25% of the photos. Delete them from the recently deleted album. Clear the cache multiple times, close, reopen the app, and still Hipsta is taking up 43.7 gig. Absolutely has to be a bug, and a big one.

don't delete any photo, what's in camera roll doesn't affect the app's used storage.

Go to Settings-Hipstamatic-Advanced
Turn on clear cache
Restart Hipstamatic

Doesn't seem to do a thing for me, but that's how you do it.
Mine has an on/off toggle for "Reset Cache", which I toggled on, opened Hipsta, closed Hipsta, went back into storage settings and it's still the same. [emoji35]

did you force quit Hipsta, then go clear the cache, then launch Hipsta again?
Not sure if "force quit" is the same as "double press home button, swipe Hipsta to close", but that's what I did, AFTER I cleared the cache.

So I should open Hipsta first, then while it's open clear the cache, then close Hipsta? :confused: :barf:

Go to Settings-Hipstamatic-Advanced
Turn on clear cache
Restart Hipstamatic

Doesn't seem to do a thing for me, but that's how you do it.

It does absolutely nothing for me either. I've tried that a million times every which way - there is a problem with this app, doesn't matter how you look at it. And it's been there ever since they went to 300.

Very weird thing. I've just checked and for me it's the opposite. The app now is ONLY 1 mb.

But I don't use it so often anymore, just for editing lately and I have deleted half of the lenses and films.

Before it was always around 600-700mb. There has to be a bug somewhere that push the app in a sort of loop and maybe double and double something to increase the memory.

Back
Top Bottom