• > STAY SAFE - WEAR A MASK - or whatever way you choose to deal with this thing! MobiMembers - The situation is still currently serious, & increasing yet again! Heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others. Let's help each other stay sane in our distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt & all our MobiStaff... x x <

Hipstamatic X

Populuxe

MobiStarlet
Reaction score
Real Name
Kent Kangley
Device
iPad (Generic)
I just discovered a neat little trick in HipstaX. It's about building the cameras, not related to the quality of the photos.

If you're like me, when building your camera, you want to get a case color that matches or complements the lens that is going to be right in the middle of your camera. Each case comes with nine colors unique to that case. So say you like the new worn leather case and you want to use the bright pink Watts lens. Worn leather doesn't provide a color that looks good with it. What to do?

Once you have your lens in place during the camera build, go back two steps to the camera case choices. Choose another case then look through that cases's color choices. Once you find a color you like (say, Salmon Pink that is available with the Instant Camera case), then go back to the camera case choices one last time. Select Worn Leather. The color remains Salmon Pink. Now you can save it and you've got a Salmon Pink Worn Leather case that looks good with a Watts lens on it.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I just discovered a neat little trick in HipstaX. It's about building the cameras, not related to the quality of the photos.

If you're like me, when building your camera, you want to get a case color that matches or complements the lens that is going to be right in the middle of your camera. Each case comes with nine colors unique to that case. So say you like the new worn leather case and you want to use the bright pink Watts lens. Worn leather doesn't provide a color that looks good with it. What to do?

Once you have your lens in place during the camera build, go back two steps to the camera case choices. Choose another case then look through that cases's color choices. Once you find a color you like (say, Salmon Pink that is available with the Instant Camera case), then go back to the camera case choices one last time. Select Worn Leather. The color remains Salmon Pink. Now you can save it and you've got a Salmon Pink Worn Leather case that looks good with a Watts lens on it.
Wow... who knew???

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

This is cool! I forgot about this handy little app and have drifted back to the original Hipsta. I again have way to many presets to keep track. I love this hint to help remind you of the tone or feel of a setting. And it still only has a the very few I started with. :)

Celine Lumiere

MobiFan
Reaction score
Real Name
Celine Lumiere
Device
iPhone 6
Maybe I make myself unpopular, but I wish Hipstamatic would come to their senses and finally bury this stupid X idea. This is dead end as many their previous apps like DSPO, Disposable Camera, Oggl. Oggls idea was good, but it should be a part of Hipstamatic. There is no need for dedicated app. The should simply focus on the straight Hipsta app and put much more energy in paks design. There are to many useless of them.

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Maybe I make myself unpopular, but I wish Hipstamatic would come to their senses and finally bury this stupid X idea. This is dead end as many their previous apps like DSPO, Disposable Camera, Oggl. Oggls idea was good, but it should be a part of Hipstamatic. There is no need for dedicated app. The should simply focus on the straight Hipsta app and put much more energy in paks design. There are to many useless of them.
Agreed

mrmachine

MobiStarter
Reaction score
Device
iPhone Xs
I like Hipstamatic X. I find the shooting interface is quicker and easier than classic, with a better viewfinder. It always annoyed me that I can only switch to telephoto in the classic skin and only switch to the front camera in the new/pro interface in the classic app. Just last week they released an update with powerful editing which was the main thing I missed from the classic app when x was first released. Also cloud sync for all your presets with classic. Glad I got the lifetime subscription back then.

Populuxe

MobiStarlet
Reaction score
Real Name
Kent Kangley
Device
iPad (Generic)
Now I know why Hipstamatic X felt abandoned to me. I've been using it on my iPad mini 2. However, it won't accept iOS 13. It will only go as high as 12.4.8. So I've revived my iPhone 6 Plus with the heavily damaged screen. With the update to iOS 13, I can now see the new editing suite and the passport and magazine and all the other features I was missing.

Populuxe

MobiStarlet
Reaction score
Real Name
Kent Kangley
Device
iPad (Generic)
I went out to Downtown Seattle on Saturday night to take some photos of the city in all this smoke. I managed to get about 100 photos before my iPhone bricked itself. I'm starting to run short on iDevices. My mini won't upgrade to iOS 13. My iPhone 6 Plus is dead. I just have an old iPad Air 2 that's about five years old now and a full-size iPad is not exactly conducive to photography. So I need something small and cheap because I have zero money to work with.

Option 1: new iPad mini: cheapest is 64GB for $400. I don't have $400 but I could probably do it in two months.
Option 2: iPhone SE: same as iPad, cheapest is 64GB for $400.
Option 3: iPod Touch: cheapest is 32GB for $200. I could probably do that on my next payday on Friday. Then I could start saving to replace everything: mini, iPad and iPhone.
Option 4: Wait for tomorrow's Apple Event and see if any prices get reduced. Since I can't do anything until Friday anyway, I'll definitely take Option 4, then I'll probably go with Option 3.

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I went out to Downtown Seattle on Saturday night to take some photos of the city in all this smoke. I managed to get about 100 photos before my iPhone bricked itself. I'm starting to run short on iDevices. My mini won't upgrade to iOS 13. My iPhone 6 Plus is dead. I just have an old iPad Air 2 that's about five years old now and a full-size iPad is not exactly conducive to photography. So I need something small and cheap because I have zero money to work with.

Option 1: new iPad mini: cheapest is 64GB for $400. I don't have $400 but I could probably do it in two months.
Option 2: iPhone SE: same as iPad, cheapest is 64GB for $400.
Option 3: iPod Touch: cheapest is 32GB for $200. I could probably do that on my next payday on Friday. Then I could start saving to replace everything: mini, iPad and iPhone.
Option 4: Wait for tomorrow's Apple Event and see if any prices get reduced. Since I can't do anything until Friday anyway, I'll definitely take Option 4, then I'll probably go with Option 3.
Does it definitely have to be Apple Kent?

Populuxe

MobiStarlet
Reaction score
Real Name
Kent Kangley
Device
iPad (Generic)
Bummer! I'd love to see the images.
I was thinking that, too.
I have good news.

Populuxe

MobiStarlet
Reaction score
Real Name
Kent Kangley
Device
iPad (Generic)
I got a new 256gb iPod Touch. While trying to reload the seven Christmas cameras from Hipstamatic that they offered on their Instagram page last winter, I discovered five of them won't load. One loads okay but it has the wrong camera back, and the last one is the only one that loads properly. I've still got Hipstamatic X on my outdated iPad mini, so I guess I'll keep it for Christmas family photos.