ImageArt’s Project 365 - 2022

Sat 15 Jan

Yay, another misty day today so out for a long walk on the common. So many images to choose from was fun.

I couldn’t get the feel I wanted for this. Paid for DistressedFX Pro but it just doesn’t work for me. Textures seem too extreme.
D228344D-B58D-4283-844B-AB1BE139BE18.jpeg

Snapseed, Hipstamatic, iColorama

46C9798E-68B6-4A31-A636-919F1B38D243.jpeg

Snapseed

4DB86E7B-6027-42C5-BFEE-A3BD9A9F0D84.jpeg

Snapseed

Sat 15 Jan

Yay, another misty day today so out for a long walk on the common. So many images to choose from was fun.

I couldn’t get the feel I wanted for this. Paid for DistressedFX Pro but it just doesn’t work for me. Textures seem too extreme.
View attachment 175396
Snapseed, Hipstamatic, iColorama

View attachment 175397
Snapseed

View attachment 175398
Snapseed
These all are fine images in my book, but I agree, DistressedFX Pro seems more “in your face”. It’s hard to tone down.

Textures seem too extreme.
I know what you mean. Partly I think it's because so many of them default to the harshest blend mode, so I have to fiddle with the modes, the opacity, and sometimes the rotation to try to tame them. Still, I end up using a few favorite packs over and over because they work for me where others don't.

I know what you mean. Partly I think it's because so many of them default to the harshest blend mode, so I have to fiddle with the modes, the opacity, and sometimes the rotation to try to tame them. Still, I end up using a few favorite packs over and over because they work for me where others don't.
Me too. In fact a few specific filters.

Me too. In fact a few specific filters.
Maybe I just need to pick a couple. I used to have loads of textures on my iPad but must be my old one. Been so long since I got stuck in.

Yes, the textures are harsh in DistressedFX+, but to be fair, when I use the defunct Stackables, my own formulas are just as intense. I end up hitting the wrench and toning down each layer. DistressedFX+ could use the layers/formulas feature of Stackables and Mextures. Mextures could use the painterly textures of the other two. And Stackables could use a developer who would bring it back and make it work.

Yes, the textures are harsh in DistressedFX+, but to be fair, when I use the defunct Stackables, my own formulas are just as intense. I end up hitting the wrench and toning down each layer. DistressedFX+ could use the layers/formulas feature of Stackables and Mextures. Mextures could use the painterly textures of the other two. And Stackables could use a developer who would bring it back and make it work.
I agree wholeheartedly! If only someone would.

I agree wholeheartedly! If only someone would.
Got my vote!

Mon 17 Jan

Clearing out like mad but trying to dispose of everything in an environmentally friendly manner and that makes it doubly difficult. I have about 5 charities on my list to dispose stuff with and not all of them are just down the road. I had 7 black bags of towels, sheets and duvet covers all collected over a 30 year period but only animal charities will take this and virtually nobody will take duvets.

So off I went to Monkey World, a rescue centre for abused primates, a couple of hours away. I watch the series on Sky and I’m a big fan of how they help primates stolen from the wild for the pet trade and give them the best life they can.

EE80CE3C-C4A8-4CF2-9164-A8481B5AA7A5.jpeg

Taken through the glass screen with Moment 58m lens on top of the x2 zoom lens. This is little Rodders.

Lockdown has been difficult for them too because the park has been closed and watching people alleviates some of the boredom and I think they enjoy watching the people as much as the people enjoy watching them and judging by some of the human behaviour it’s not surprising. :lol:

The park is in Dorset so I thought I would go on a bit of a trip down memory lane as this is where I grow up as a child. I stopped off in a little village called Durweston. My Dad was a farmer and this is where we lived. I remember the road so well, particularly the post office which is now a residence, the school and the church although I though they were miles apart and they are all close together almost in arms length! Here is the house. One of my overriding memories was how damn cold it was - no central heating in those days.

6FC8E5D5-174F-4FD2-A46C-BC7A4388FA2C.jpeg

Here’s some images that my sister sent me recently that she photographed on her iphone. Clearly some changes have been made but it is essentially the same. This is the famous winter of 1962-63. I’m the one in the pale coat.
D44FA6D7-B4A4-4F4E-91F7-1A386961AB44.jpeg

Mon 17 Jan

Clearing out like mad but trying to dispose of everything in an environmentally friendly manner and that makes it doubly difficult. I have about 5 charities on my list to dispose stuff with and not all of them are just down the road. I had 7 black bags of towels, sheets and duvet covers all collected over a 30 year period but only animal charities will take this and virtually nobody will take duvets.

So off I went to Monkey World, a rescue centre for abused primates, a couple of hours away. I watch the series on Sky and I’m a big fan of how they help primates stolen from the wild for the pet trade and give them the best life they can.

View attachment 175529
Taken through the glass screen with Moment 58m lens on top of the x2 zoom lens. This is little Rodders.

Lockdown has been difficult for them too because the park has been closed and watching people alleviates some of the boredom and I think they enjoy watching the people as much as the people enjoy watching them and judging by some of the human behaviour it’s not surprising. :lol:

The park is in Dorset so I thought I would go on a bit of a trip down memory lane as this is where I grow up as a child. I stopped off in a little village called Durweston. My Dad was a farmer and this is where we lived. I remember the road so well, particularly the post office which is now a residence, the school and the church although I though they were miles apart and they are all close together almost in arms length! Here is the house. One of my overriding memories was how damn cold it was - no central heating in those days.

View attachment 175530

Here’s some images that my sister sent me recently that she photographed on her iphone. Clearly some changes have been made but it is essentially the same. This is the famous winter of 1962-63. I’m the one in the pale coat.
View attachment 175531
Poor Rodders. I think you’re right about how they feel. After all we’re apes too so there shouldn’t be such a big difference. And who knows about animals in general. I think they are smarter and have a more complex “thinking” than we assume. We’re so convinced we’re the best, nature’s finest achivement. I’m not so sure :zip:
Lovely to see your home from your childhood. I remember that cold winter too

Mon 17 Jan

View attachment 175529

View attachment 175530

View attachment 175531
Great picture of young Rodders and great nostalgia too.

Mon 17 Jan

View attachment 175529

View attachment 175530

View attachment 175531
Ahhh :hearteyes:. And what an amazing house. Our old house used to be cold if you weren’t near the fire. The frost used to form on the INSIDE of the windows!!

Tue 18 Jan

Sifting, sorting, packing, chucking.… Oh heck, I haven’t taken a photo today. Will have to be the plants on the kitchen sill.

View attachment 175595

Snapseed and Hipstamatic
I’m always amazed at how much stuff we collect. Every time we’ve moved we tossed out or sold or donated vast quantities. It’s especially galling when you’ve been in a place for years and throw out unpacked boxes from your last move.

I’m always amazed at how much stuff we collect. Every time we’ve moved we tossed out or sold or donated vast quantities. It’s especially galling when you’ve been in a place for years and throw out unpacked boxes from your last move.
We are moving from 5 bedrooms to 2 bedrooms so there just cannot be any unpacked boxes. No attic anymore. The British Heart Foundation came today and took a full van load of furniture for charity. Two weeks ago they took half a van load. I feel quite guilty that we have occupied such a big house when some people don’t even have a place to live.

That’s why I love this mobile photography hobby. You don’t need loads of stuff to be creative.

Back
Top Bottom