rizole

Debt paid. Mischief managed.
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Huawei
YES! The owners blithey say “oh he/she is very friendly” and then look amazed when their dog becomes aggressive, or when your dog goes for them. We can try to train his aggression out of Ozzy, but can’t do anything about care-less dog owners and their loose dogs.
Can't remember the program, it was one of those " Dog psychology help, I can't control my dog!" programs, but the thing that stuck in my head was an over aggressive dog that went for people and other dogs and couldn't be let of the lead because of it. Turned out that the dog was aggressive because the owner was wary of thier aggressive dog's reactions to others and would pull it to them when passing another person or dog. Pulling the dog away from other people and dogs reinforced in the dog that the owner thought other people and dogs were dangerous so pull away from them. The more aggressive the dog got, the more the owner pulled away and reinforced the behaviour.
Seems that behaiour pattern isn't uncommon and I can now mostly predict which dogs being walked will bark at me based on the owners behaviour.

JillyG

IOTM Winner - September 2020 & January 2021
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Can't remember the program, it was one of those " Dog psychology help, I can't control my dog!" programs, but the thing that stuck in my head was an over aggressive dog that went for people and other dogs and couldn't be let of the lead because of it. Turned out that the dog was aggressive because the owner was wary of thier aggressive dog's reactions to others and would pull it to them when passing another person or dog. Pulling the dog away from other people and dogs reinforced in the dog that the owner thought other people and dogs were dangerous so pull away from them. The more aggressive the dog got, the more the owner pulled away and reinforced the behaviour.
Seems that behaiour pattern isn't uncommon and I can now mostly predict which dogs being walked will bark at me based on the owners behaviour.
Yes, the dog behaviourist has told us not to get stressed when we see another dog. We‘re employing a tube of Primula cheese spread, which Ozzy loves, every time we see a dog, in the hope that he has positive associations with seeing a dog. Soon, he’ll be so fat he won’t be able to rouse a bark.:lol:

JillyG

Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Oh, this is wonderful!
Thank you my dear. It’s almost a direct copy of the titles of a new series on British TV - called Dalgliesh, from the books by PD James. I painted the green in one big stroke with a brush in Procreate. The church (Lincoln cathedral) and the words (from a girl’s-own book) were my photos and I drew the caped man. Plagiarism in action.:lol:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
Thank you my dear. It’s almost a direct copy of the titles of a new series on British TV - called Dalgliesh, from the books by PD James. I painted the green in one big stroke with a brush in Procreate. The church (Lincoln cathedral) and the words (from a girl’s-own book) were my photos and I drew the caped man. Plagiarism in action.:lol:
:notworthy: Love it even more now!

ubbyisis

IOTM Winner - August 2021
Reaction score
Real Name
Eva Gustafsson
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Is it a new series about one of my favourite British coppers :eek: Adam and Eve you know :D I really would like to watch it

JillyG

Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
330/365 (35 days to go before we start another 365!!!!!!!)

5C435432-01AD-411E-8168-78F77470EBD5.jpeg

EF3FABBE-D92E-49FA-863A-AFA396B68D2A.jpeg

B96978AA-D83D-4782-9464-836954838155.jpeg

Our neighbours told us of a walk to a memorial to Glenn Miller, and to the 20th Fighter Group, where they were entertained by Glenn on 3rd October 1944. So we bundled Ozzy into the car for the five minute ride to the start of the walk and off we went.

Last edited:

WOTANICUS

Mobiobsessive & IOTM WInner - September 2021
Reaction score
Real Name
Bill
Device
iPhone 12 Mini

WOTANICUS

Mobiobsessive & IOTM WInner - September 2021
Reaction score
Real Name