Mobi366 JillyG’s Project 366 - 2020

Cozy :thumbs: I’m trying to see what’s hiding in the reflection - some windows o course ;) but I think I see a shopping bag and oddly enough I vaguely see a ordinary camera at the mid left. Feels as if I’m spying:D - I’d better go to fetch some lost sleep:sleep:
:lol: You can actually see quite a lot of the kitchen and dining table. My hand is in there, but no shopping bag (I think that’s me) or camera. Maybe it’s my iPhone? And there‘s the kitchen mixer tap.:D

014/365
Tuesday 14th

It’s that time of year again!

55F520B9-76C1-4FA2-AF41-0B1EA0CDB4D7.jpeg

Marmalade time. The Seville oranges are in the shops, so it’s time to get cooking. I put Jack Daniel‘s into the boiling mixture for flavour. Some might say that’s a waste of good alcohol and, this time, you may be right because the rind in the marmalade is very hard. The only thing different this year is the cooker. It’s a really old all-electrical thing. A bad workman blames his tools, but on this occasion I definitely think it‘s the cooker.

014/365
Tuesday 14th

View attachment 154105
Marmalade time. The Seville oranges are in the shops, so it’s time to get cooking. I put Jack Daniel‘s into the boiling mixture for flavour. Some might say that’s a waste of good alcohol and, this time, you may be right because the rind in the marmalade is very hard. The only thing different this year is the cooker. It’s a really old all-electrical thing. A bad workman blames his tools, but on this occasion I definitely think it‘s the cooker.
I bet it’s YUM, hard rinds or no.

015/365
Wednesday 15th

Drying

6DBE9913-3A04-4563-8540-BAC2C7D38B2D.jpeg

At the pottery where I have my class. These have all been fired once (the bisque stage), had a glaze put on and are now awaiting another firing. It’s a very slow process with no guarantee that things won’t go horribly wrong in the kiln. So if you see a handmade pot in a shop and you think it’s expensive, just remember all of the processes and jeopardy that’s involved in making it.
Native cam app

015/365
Wednesday 15th

Drying

View attachment 154158
At the pottery where I have my class. These have all been fired once (the bisque stage), had a glaze put on and are now awaiting another firing. It’s a very slow process with no guarantee that things won’t go horribly wrong in the kiln. So if you see a handmade pot in a shop and you think it’s expensive, just remember all of the processes and jeopardy that’s involved in making it.
Native cam app

How exciting. I don’t know anything about pottery. New world to me. Must be horrible to create without an Undo button ;) Good luck with your project:thumbs:

006/365
Monday 6th

“Now by my maiden honour, yet as pure
As the unsullied lily"

View attachment 153853
This has been apped to within an inch of its life. :lol:

Firstly, I constructed my “black photo box” and laid the lily in it. I experimented with Focus Stacking with Camera Pixels and Affinity. I’m not sure now if this is the result of one of those experiments.:confused: Then I took the lily image into Procreate and, after watching several tutorials, sectioned off the main flower with the selection tool, inverted the selection and Gaussian Blur-red the back flowers. Then I decided to attempt an edit with Mextures. I added all kinds of things, building up layers of light leaks etc. I LOVED that app. It breaks my heart that it has been left to decay (but I’m also really angry that the App Store is still selling it when it’s unsupported now!). Anyway, it worked for me this time and here’s the result.
Wow, great result am\nd what an impressive list of steps. I still keep meaning to do the whole focus stacking malarkey but I never seem to get that far! :sleep::lol:

012/365
Sunday 12th

View attachment 154046
I’ve started a pottery course which takes place in the next village, just a couple of miles away. I was advised to watch some You Tube videos and I have discovered tutes by Hsin-Cheun Lin, a Taiwanese/American potter. He makes his own tools from hacksaw blades and, today, my DH made me some too and here they are, together with a burnishing stone (of which I have many) and a pencil for drawing decorations. You can look forward to seeing some of my creations over the next few months!
Snapseed
:thumbs: :inlove:

014/365
Tuesday 14th

View attachment 154105
I got some really nice marmalade in SA but there was a lot of rind so I drained them from the marmalade and chucked them in the blender. It caused a lot of air bubbles in the marmalade but it was the best marmalade ever. Getting some more this year!

018/365
Saturday 18th

“Lulled in these flowers with dances and delight”

View attachment 154273
There are lots of flowers coming out in the cottage garden - crocus, snowdrops, these (whatever they are).
Graphite, FotoDa, Snapseed
Lovely edit of a lovely flower Jilly :inlove: In a way it looks like some sort of a columbine, but I’m not sure. (I wish we had an emoji here on Mobitog you could use for expressing that you’re not sure)

019/365
Sunday 19th

Deer Poo

108853F4-2B05-486E-8D61-80FC589DF9DC.jpeg

I couldn‘t believe the size of it. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen deer poo before. I had to put my foot in the photo to show its size. Snapseed for enhancements. :D

1BDDA9DA-9F9A-44BE-A6E8-9E3C542B9653.jpeg

And, so as not to leave you with that poo picture, here’s a photo of the pond near the castle mound. No edits.

019/365
Sunday 19th

Deer Poo

View attachment 154344
I couldn‘t believe the size of it. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen deer poo before. I had to put my foot in the photo to show its size. Snapseed for enhancements. :D

View attachment 154345
And, so as not to leave you with that poo picture, here’s a photo of the pond near the castle mound. No edits.
At first I read “Dear poo” :lmao: I see a lot of poo on my walks. In fact, now when there are no flowers, that’s about all I see. I even thought of posting a poo pic every day for a while :D

Last edited:
019/365
Sunday 19th

Deer Poo

View attachment 154344

View attachment 154345
I like the pond better than the poo :lmao:

005/365
Sunday 5th

View attachment 153806

View attachment 153805
Two from the cottage fireplace today. I haven’t yet had time to test out my three (yes, three!) new Moment lenses that my DH gave me for my birthday.
Snapseed for the vignette on the first one. No edits on the second.
We used to heat with wood stove when we lived in Massachusetts- our cats would somehow scramble under it and glory in the warmth! You brought back memories..

019/365
Sunday 19th

Deer Poo

View attachment 154344

View attachment 154345
:lol:
and
:openmouth: the pond image is magical! Looks like faerie dust!

Back
Top Bottom