• MobiTog 365 & 52 - ROLL UP, ROLL UP - MobiTog's Project 365 & 52 for 2022 is now OPEN for Volunteers! > Remember - YOU CAN SIGN-UP any time that suits you to start - it does not HAVE to be at year beginning/end... :) < GoGoGo CLICK HERE JOIN the Mobi365 (& Mobi52 in same Section)... :)
  • Your MobiStaff & MobiAdmin wish all our MobiMembers everywhere A HAPPY, HEALTHY & SUCCESSFUL PHOTOGRAPHY FILLED 2022!... x x
  • > PLEASE STAY VIRUS & OMICRON SAFE! MobiMembers - Beware Covid Omicron! PLEASE continue to stay safe, look after yourselves, your loved ones & others. Be kind to others. Love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt & all your MobiStaff... x x <

RESULT MC#258 October 26-13? Theme:Seasonal Shadows

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
I think it needs to be judged tomorrow to keep it alternating with the B/W challenge.
I'm personally not enjoying the new'ish two week challenges. I totally get why they ended up being extended, Corona Virus, lack of posters etc.
But now I feel there is no incentive to post till the second week, whereas before there was more of a sense of urgency about getting your images in within that week. Which has a knock on effect on how many times you visit MobiTog.

Maybe its just me, wondered if anyone else felt the same?

terse

IOTM Winner - May, Nov 20; Jun, Jul, Dec 21;
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
I'm personally not enjoying the new'ish two week challenges. I totally get why they ended up being extended, Corona Virus, lack of posters etc.
But now I feel there is no incentive to post till the second week, whereas before there was more of a sense of urgency about getting your images in within that week. Which has a knock on effect on how many times you visit MobiTog.

I can't say it inhibits my posting (as you all have seen :lmao: ), but I'd like to go back to one week challenges, even if it means we end up with only a page or two sometimes.

JillyG

IOTM Winner - Sep 20 + Jan & Nov 21
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
HM's to lkbside for her icecream sandwitch superior Hipsta wall. deepop's worms eye view. WOTANICUS' study space and sinnerjohn's Hardwick Hall. Sorry I couldn't arrange for better weather for you John. I had a quiet word with the Met Office, even offered them a small gratuity and they told me to sling my hook. Also liked Starzee's Green Growing in the Middle Pipe.

In 2nd is terse with Cat walk and Oak grove. Lovely seasonal feel and pictures.

Our winner this week is deepop who produced a seies of on theme shots this week. My favorite is.
View attachment 173074
Run up to Christmas.
Colourful, fun and brings a smile to my face. Played the stick a small child in it winning card :)
That’s such a great shot - it makes me smile. Well done deepop David.:thumbs:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro

I like longer challenge times. Gives one more of an opportunity to submit something; More substance to choose from when the judge does the judging; Less weekly work for the people running the challenge.

Geek1956

IOTM Winner - March, May, Oct 2021
Reaction score
Real Name
Kevin
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
HM's to lkbside for her icecream sandwitch superior Hipsta wall. deepop's worms eye view. WOTANICUS' study space and sinnerjohn's Hardwick Hall. Sorry I couldn't arrange for better weather for you John. I had a quiet word with the Met Office, even offered them a small gratuity and they told me to sling my hook. Also liked Starzee's Green Growing in the Middle Pipe.

In 2nd is terse with Cat walk and Oak grove. Lovely seasonal feel and pictures.

Our winner this week is deepop who produced a seies of on theme shots this week. My favorite is.
View attachment 173074
Run up to Christmas.
Colourful, fun and brings a smile to my face. Played the stick a small child in it winning card :)
Congratulations to deepop for a worthy win and to all the HM’s

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
I like longer challenge times. Gives one more of an opportunity to submit something; More substance to choose from when the judge does the judging; Less weekly work for the people running the challenge.
No surprise you would take the opposite opinion to me Catherine. Not sure how you define 'work' but looking at a few excellent mobile images is not my idea of work, esp over the period of a week.
But you are definitely entitled to your opinion as are all of us, I was just seeing how others felt about two week challenges.

rizole

Debt paid. Mischief managed.
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Huawei
I prefer a weekly cycle myself but think theres still a lower limit on the amount of subs to make it worth closing or carrying on another week. While I think there's an overall growth in group output I'm not sure we're at or near pre covid levels or will be for a while.

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
I prefer a weekly cycle myself but think theres still a lower limit on the amount of subs to make it worth closing or carrying on another week. While I think there's an overall growth in group output I'm not sure we're at or near pre covid levels or will be for a while.
Question, why does Covid stop people from posting images? I don't mean if you actually have Covid.

rizole

MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Huawei
Question, why does Covid stop people from posting images? I don't mean if you actually have Covid.
It doesn't stop me posting, it stops me taking. I'm still wfh where I can. So that's 2 1/2 hours a day of commute and breaks alone where I might have nothing better to do than snap or edit. Let alone ending up in novel and interesting situations and places less often.
I have to put on a shirt and go in this Thursday to deliver a report to the senior leadership team in the board room. I'm quite looking forward to the change.

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
It doesn't stop me posting, it stops me taking. I'm still wfh where I can. So that's 2 1/2 hours a day of commute and breaks alone where I might have nothing better to do than snap or edit. Let alone ending up in novel and interesting situations and places less often.
I have to put on a shirt and go in this Thursday to deliver a report to the senior leadership team in the board room. I'm quite looking forward to the change.
I go to the office two days a week now. More opportunities to snap. Unfortunately I think Covid seems to be an excuse for the lack of traffic on Mobitog, the 365'ers manage a photo everyday. Ok they are not all masterpieces but its doable.

rizole

MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Huawei
I go to the office two days a week now. More opportunities to snap. Unfortunately I think Covid seems to be an excuse for the lack of traffic on Mobitog, the 365'ers manage a photo everyday. Ok they are not all masterpieces but its doable.
I refer the honourable gentleman to my previous comments on the subject :p

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
But you are definitely entitled to your opinion as are all of us, I was just seeing how others felt about two week challenges.
Oh, thank you so much for allowing me an opinion! :notworthy: Much obliged, John. :D

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
Not sure how you define 'work' but looking at a few excellent mobile images is not my idea of work, esp over the period of a week.
Fabulous! Then maybe you’ll consider running a few more challenges? :D

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
Not sure it would, unless you actually had covid. :confused: Well, also people haven’t been leaving their homes much.
You’re lucky! I work at home 2-3 days a week too but that doesn’t give me any more time to shoot as I’m still working all day, just sitting in a different environment. I sleep in a bit more, since I don’t have a morning commute. I could shoot photos of my porch I suppose, or my garden.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
Unfortunately I think Covid seems to be an excuse for the lack of traffic on Mobitog, the 365'ers manage a photo everyday.
I’m not sure why you think people are making “excuses”, as if they’re fibbing and should really be here more. :confused: I think people are here as much or as little as suits their lifestyle, or depending on what happens to be going on in their life at any given moment. I’m grateful for any time - as little or as much - as peeps can hang out here. :)

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
Fabulous! Then maybe you’ll consider running a few more challenges? :D
I've resurrected the Album Colour Challenge (although its a bit of a flop) I organise the IOTM which is more popular. I'm always open to suggestions, to me its not work and I usually visit Mobitog several times a day. Maybe I'm just sad and have nothing better to do? But its definitely not work, I know what work is and its not this :lol:

The challenges (for me anyway) keep this place ticking, otherwise it would just be just the 365ers posting.

ImageArt

IOTM Winner - February 2021
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I’ve had a year when I’ve been out of it due to other commitments but now it’s over, I’m finding it difficult to get excited, maybe because I hate winter.

I think I prefer the shorter challenges because if I don’t particularly gel with a theme, I don’t have to wait two weeks for the next. However, I’m posting so little I don’t think my input is too relevant.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
I think I prefer the shorter challenges because if I don’t particularly gel with a theme, I don’t have to wait two weeks for the next. However, I’m posting so little I don’t think my input is too relevant.
It’s totally relevant! Always good to hear different perspectives/preferences.