MobiColour RESULT: #136 No Theme - Sept 3-9, 2018

Early yesterday morning along the Fundy coast heading towards Owl’s Head.
C78B0317-7D2A-4E7F-AB8B-723EB61C5D8A.jpeg

Yesterday’s high tide was early. I find it hard to get going before daybreak when it’s still dark and cold but that’s the only way to catch those early morning tides. The weather forecast indicated a wind of only 2-4 km/h but when I arrived at my launch site the nearby flag was snapping in a strong wind, coming down from the hills along the river valley. I’ve seen that before at this location. As soon as I got out of the river and into the bay the wind was gone and the bay was calm. Owl’s Head, in the distance, is big, and farther away than it looks, about another 3 km from here. Very peaceful.
PureShot DNG > Affinity.

View attachment 113856
Yesterday’s high tide was early. I find it hard to get going before daybreak when it’s still dark and cold but that’s the only way to catch those early morning tides. The weather forecast indicated a wind of only 2-4 km/h but when I arrived at my launch site the nearby flag was snapping in a strong wind, coming down from the hills along the river valley. I’ve seen that before at this location. As soon as I got out of the river and into the bay the wind was gone and the bay was calm. Owl’s Head, in the distance, is big, and farther away than it looks, about another 3 km from here. Very peaceful.
PureShot DNG > Affinity.

What a stunner

View attachment 113856
PureShot DNG > Affinity.
Looove it :thumbs:

I love that you live in a place where you can do that.
People rarely hitch these days. It wasn't uncommon when I was young but was on the way out even then.
I find it's much easier to get picked up these days. Probably because I'm not a scruffy youth any more but I think it's also that it's so unusual to see a hitcher these days that it surprises people. Less likely to be overlooked or ignored I guess.

This fits exactly with a previous discussion about how those famous street photographers of the past got those great shots. They found/happened upon/and recognized a good opportunity and kept shooting it until something great happened. It’s that extra determination to stick with it, as well as being willing to be late if necessary, that makes the difference. Well done!
That was the Cartier-Bresson week I believe. I've posted my pic to the local Facebook group and someone has already pointed out the similarly with this.
Henri+Cartier-Bresson+-+Behind+Saint-Lazare+Train+Station,+1932.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 113856
PureShot DNG > Affinity.
Gorgeous... :hearteyes: And hey! You’ve got an Owl’s Head too! I was just in Owl’s Head, Maine.

Yeah. I visited my home town last fall after being away for almost 20 years. I stopped in front of the elementary school long enough to take a few pictures of the school to text to family. Kids were out on the playground (a looong wats from where I was). The kids were rushed inside, police summoned, and I was questioned about what I was doing. I get it, but it’s sad that that’s where we’re at these days.

Yeah. I visited my home town last fall after being away for almost 20 years. I stopped in front of the elementary school long enough to take a few pictures of the school to text to family. Kids were out on the playground (a looong wats from where I was). The kids were rushed inside, police summoned, and I was questioned about what I was doing. I get it, but it’s sad that that’s where we’re at these days.
Oh no. What a horrible experience for you. Yes, it’s a different world now.

Sad. I guess we wouldn’t mind so much if there was any sense that this kind of infrastructural panic actually made a difference to the incidence of child abuse

This was taken the last time we were out to the island (Victoria BC). It is actually part way up the west coast of the island. When my father passed away he wanted his ashes spread on the water, He loved the ocean and loved his boat which was originally built for the trans Atlantic races. it was around 45ft long and set up so one person could sale it. It was only in one race but got caught in a storm off Newfoundland and had its mast snapped off. It was originally using whats called junk rigging which is the style of asian ships. It was converted to a normal sailing rigging and sailed around North and south America and landed u in Vancouver and eventually was up for sale and my dad who had a much smaller boat bought it. Him and mom lived it in full time for a number f years. In any case we found this beach and waded out into the ocean and spread his ashes. While we were doing that there was a od of killer whales doing breaches and there was also some dolphins around. Year later when Mom passed away we spread her ashes at the same beach. This tree was part way along the walk to the beach (about a mile walk/climb from the road)

976E82C0-A2EA-44A4-8566-048E6F6FBF45.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom