MobiColour RESULT: #136 No Theme - Sept 3-9, 2018

These were taken on the drive out to the west coast, west of Revelstoke BC an old abandoned shack but I loved the wood and the way it weathered

5CCF3C17-253B-42B3-AF1C-251AEC465CD6.jpeg

208A4EC6-0D2B-4574-BA2E-A21DD409D7DD.jpeg

Yeah. I visited my home town last fall after being away for almost 20 years. I stopped in front of the elementary school long enough to take a few pictures of the school to text to family. Kids were out on the playground (a looong wats from where I was). The kids were rushed inside, police summoned, and I was questioned about what I was doing. I get it, but it’s sad that that’s where we’re at these days.
Wow. How awful! What a reflection of the times we live in now. :(

And now for something completely different. Nottomention unsophisticated.

View attachment 113858

My daughter’s shopping bag - from our local multinational, which has just this month done away with plastic bags.
I was taken with the flowers
I love it! I have a boot full of various bags from Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods, but nothing as artistic as this one (I love that the artwork is by an 8 year old.)

This was taken the last time we were out to the island (Victoria BC). It is actually part way up the west coast of the island. When my father passed away he wanted his ashes spread on the water, He loved the ocean and loved his boat which was originally built for the trans Atlantic races. it was around 45ft long and set up so one person could sale it. It was only in one race but got caught in a storm off Newfoundland and had its mast snapped off. It was originally using whats called junk rigging which is the style of asian ships. It was converted to a normal sailing rigging and sailed around North and south America and landed u in Vancouver and eventually was up for sale and my dad who had a much smaller boat bought it. Him and mom lived it in full time for a number f years. In any case we found this beach and waded out into the ocean and spread his ashes. While we were doing that there was a od of killer whales doing breaches and there was also some dolphins around. Year later when Mom passed away we spread her ashes at the same beach. This tree was part way along the walk to the beach (about a mile walk/climb from the road)

View attachment 113873
What a wonderful story. Your parents were pioneers of the tiny house movement! Would love to see photos of their sailboat... she sounds like a beauty.

Two-Striped Grasshopper - Melanoplus bivittatus
0037C3FE-4AF8-4F3D-BB81-D41C83900F1B.jpeg

Fearsome plant predator. The plant it is perched on is Red Turtlehead in my ‘garden’. "Garden plants" in this context refers to plants that survive well in spite of neglect.
PureShot > Affinity, MaxCurve.

Back
Top Bottom