MobiColour RESULT: MC #123 No Theme - June 4-10

A lot of our patrol vehicles run on propane too.
Every car should!! Or be electric, or both! :angry:Gas in New Jersey is stupid expensive. It used to cost $25 to fill my tank (around 2004-ish), now it’s $42. :barf: Luckily I get about 500 miles to a tank (most of my driving is highway).

:lol:
View attachment 110466
Actually, I should have put this one in. This shows where the formatting of the brushes is.

Over the last few updates, that editing section offers adjustments that I don’t understand yet — and way more complex than I need at my hit & miss level. But when you see the images and videos on the Community page ! . . . it’s clear that SketchClub is more than a simple sketch app.

2978E2EF-7428-4772-A1AD-ECFC54347254.jpeg

I happened to be in the city yesterday and took a walk along the High Line... channeled my inner Deepop. ;)

Snapseed, Instagram

View attachment 110482
I happened to be in the city yesterday and took a walk along the High Line... channeled my inner Deepop. ;)

Snapseed, Instagram
At first glance, it looks like a pile of rubbish, but it isn’t. I see some sort of iron frames and industrial things. Good find and great hovering.:thumbs:

'Er indoors went out to the car boot today and bought a bible printed in 1897. This fabric bookmark was inside and as there's no theme I thought I'd share it.
View attachment 110494
Ahhhh, those were the days *sigh*. What an amazing bunch of men they were. The miners’ strike seems like a lonnnnnnngggg time ago. Terrible times. My uncle was a miner in Nottingham, my brother a police officer policing the picket lines. Very sad.:(

At first glance, it looks like a pile of rubbish, but it isn’t. I see some sort of iron frames and industrial things. Good find and great hovering.:thumbs:
There is SOOOOOO much construction going on around that area. Every bit of “extra” space has an apartment building being built. :barf: It’s ridiculous.

Ahhhh, those were the days *sigh*. What an amazing bunch of men they were. The miners’ strike seems like a lonnnnnnngggg time ago. Terrible times. My uncle was a miner in Nottingham, my brother a police officer policing the picket lines. Very sad.:(
Yes. :notworthy: I can’t imagine what that job would be like... pretty horrible.

I think terse Ted will have his hands full for this week’s judging, so even though it’s only 6:00am in Cali, I’ll close this thread up.

Whenever you’ve got up and had your coffee, MobiSir!

My grandfather was a miner. Somehow he survived two cave-ins, and decided that was enough. He lived to be 99 :)

The thread is closed so here are a couple just for fun.
My 11 year old has been experimenting with eggs today. This is a beaten egg white fried egg.
20180610_103200.jpg
And I've been sieving and bagging up the compost today and saving the worms to be put back to work in our composter. These are Eisenia fetida. There may be another species in there but there's a good chance I put too few in to get a breeding population.
20180610_143407-01.jpeg

My 11 year old has been experimenting with eggs today. This is a beaten egg white fried egg.
View attachment 110514 And I've been sieving and bagging up the compost today and saving the worms to be put back to work in our composter. These are Eisenia fetida. There may be another species in there but there's a good chance I put too few in to get a breeding population.
View attachment 110513
I think he should keep experimenting. A fried egg white doesn’t sound all that flavourful even if it is healthy. Is that a Hornsea plate? And what a marvellous mound of worms. I love worms. I’m forever saving them when it’s rained and they’re all over the tarmac.

View attachment 110514 And I've been sieving and bagging up the compost today and saving the worms to be put back to work in our composter. These are Eisenia fetida. There may be another species in there but there's a good chance I put too few in to get a breeding population.
View attachment 110513

How do you keep your worms? Ie in a layer system, or an old fridge, or what? ‘Composter’ sounds like one of those plastic barrel things you can turn ? I’ve often wondered about putting worms in there, but worried about it being too dark and airless

I think he should keep experimenting. A fried egg white doesn’t sound all that flavourful even if it is healthy. Is that a Hornsea plate? And what a marvellous mound of worms. I love worms. I’m forever saving them when it’s rained and they’re all over the tarmac.
The back says kiln craft, Staffordshire potteries.
It's more about the experimenting than flavour for him. After wards he the spent 30 mins dripping water on the hob to try and recreate the leidenfrost effect.

Last edited:
How do you keep your worms? Ie in a layer system, or an old fridge, or what? ‘Composter’ sounds like one of those plastic barrel things you can turn ? I’ve often wondered about putting worms in there, but worried about it being too dark and airless
Just a big, open bottom plastic bin. Kitchen and garden waste in the top and compost out the bottom. At least that's the theory. In practice I have to take the bin off, fork non-composted stuff off and then sieve the stuff out the bottom to separate twigs, potatoes, corn cobs and God knows what that goopy lump was, out from the good stuff. The worms seem to thrive in there. There's also often ant nests and occasionally nesting mice.
20180610_161333-01.jpeg

Here's the good stuff.
20180610_162018.jpg

4 large bags produced today, maybe 125 litres of organic compost. I make maybe 3 times that much a year.
I also have a bed given over to breaking down tougher stuff. It's full of potatoes at the mo.
20180610_162634.jpg

Just a big, open bottom plastic bin. Kitchen and garden waste in the top and compost out the bottom. At least that's the theory. In practice I have to take the bin off, fork non-composted stuff off and then sieve the stuff out the bottom to separate twigs, potatoes, corn cobs and God knows what that goopy lump was, out from the good stuff. The worms seem to thrive in there. There's also often ant nests and occasionally nesting mice.
View attachment 110516
Here's the good stuff.View attachment 110517
4 large bags produced today, maybe 125 litres of organic compost. I make maybe 3 times that much a year.
I also have a bed given over to breaking down tougher stuff. It's full of potatoes at the mo.
View attachment 110518

125 litres x 3 sounds pretty good? Plus what you’ve got breaking down in the other bed. Does that amount adequately feed what you’re growing?

(Those potatoes look happy )

View attachment 110513
The egg looks............... i n t e r e s t i n g ? :zip:
I love worms! Someday I’m going to make a composting worm bin.

View attachment 110516
Here's the good stuff.View attachment 110517
View attachment 110518
Beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom