MobiColour RESULT: MC #13

beautiful - makes the apparel look like Tibetan prayer flags. Love the light effect !

And wb - does your re-appearance mean your crazy schedule has settled down for a bit?

Well, I hope so! Faire is really kicking my behind, this season. There is something growing out there that sends my allergies into overdrive, so between the exhaustion and the sinus blockage, I've been shambling around like a zombie.

6ac052437a104e857f5227020484548a.jpg

That Texas desert.

Hey, Don: thanks so much for participating in our 'dry' Colour challenge ! :thumbs: (Is that you up there? :eek: )

Guys, just to check: deadline is Monday, is this right?
Will do my "job" tomorrow. Sorry, wanted to be quicker … life happens … [emoji4]

There is something growing out there that sends my allergies into overdrive
Bleah, I know what you mean. I don't think it's any special something, just a whole lot of everything growing and pollinating ultra-enthusiastically after the rains. For the first time ever my eyes are watering from the allergies.

Dry heat

image.png

Two stock images of sun and a medallion hanging thing that I just couldn't get blended how I wanted it :( Union SketchClub Brushstroke and one I used just for the hell of it and have momentarily forgotten. I'll think of it later. And if I feel optimistic later I'll have another go with the medallion. (I imagine I'm the only person who ever gets stuck in a recursive loop of another version another version another version that gets no closer to feeling 'done'?)

Dry heat

View attachment 76566

Two stock images of sun and a medallion hanging thing that I just couldn't get blended how I wanted it :( Union SketchClub Brushstroke and one I used just for the hell of it and have momentarily forgotten. I'll think of it later. And if I feel optimistic later I'll have another go with the medallion. (I imagine I'm the only person who ever gets stuck in a recursive loop of another version another version another version that gets no closer to feeling 'done'?)

Nope you're not alone :). Sometimes I have to admit defeat and stop trying. :barf:

View attachment 76567

Just for laughs, these are most of the versions of This Image Not Becoming What I Want It To. (The rest are in the Recently Deleted folder :oops:
:lol: :thumbs:
Although I see lots that are cool versions... #8 all yellow molten sun, middle versions with the sun symbol in the middle, and third to last. :thumbs:

This is a difficult theme for sure. I have scrolled through my 5000 plus pics on my iPhone and can find nothing. So I have to apologise for this pretty gross pic. I'm afraid it smacks a bit of desperation. Superimpose, iColorama, Repix and Retouch.

image.jpeg

Just a moment! I asked if the closing is Sunday or Monday. And I worked hard for this – though it's in the off topic, but at least I'll post it if I can.
The biggest problem this time: most everything "dry" is better for MobiMono than colour. So I searched for something with a little colour and developed him: Tomato 'n' Chillies (put on white to do the next step which will be shown in the next post).

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1462155040.257910.jpg

Now the dried tomatoes and chillies are now known as "Tom Chillies" from the film series … which are:

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1462155232.921534.jpg

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1462155249.323346.jpg

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1462155267.306945.jpg

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1462155284.441833.jpg

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1462155301.111400.jpg

Okay, they're off topic, because made with PS touch, cameraX and OVLA, but the idea was just so funny that I giggled while doing. And the best I think is the third film. I'm still laughing.
Have fun even though it's off competition. [emoji106][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Aaaaaaaaaaah! And just I found a typing mistake. [emoji30] sorry, but I don't do it again. [emoji53] but @ll: have a good night! [emoji1][emoji42][emoji23]

Now the dried tomatoes and chillies are now known as "Tom Chillies" from the film series … which are:

View attachment 76612

View attachment 76613

View attachment 76614

View attachment 76615

View attachment 76616

Okay, they're off topic, because made with PS touch, cameraX and OVLA, but the idea was just so funny that I giggled while doing. And the best I think is the third film. I'm still laughing.
Have fun even though it's off competition. [emoji106][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Awesome, GroovyGouvy, just awesome. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Just a moment! I asked if the closing is Sunday or Monday. And I worked hard for this – though it's in the off topic, but at least I'll post it if I can.
The biggest problem this time: most everything "dry" is better for MobiMono than colour. So I searched for something with a little colour and developed him: Tomato 'n' Chillies (put on white to do the next step which will be shown in the next post).

View attachment 76611
I've re-read the rules and I think you got your entries posted within the week's allotted time, taking into account you did ask for clarification on the deadline and I was slow to notice I'd won the last challenge and set the theme for the current one.

I also can't see why they are off topic. I've checked all the rules and can't find anything that would disqualify them.

So unless someone wants to correct my thinking I'm ruling them as valid entries.

Although I've got the executive vote, I'm dependant on the advice of my two preteen boys in the deliberation process. We ran up a short list last night but need to take into account the entries from MsDee and GroovyGouvy once my eldest has woken up.

Thanks for rising up to the challenge all those who participated. I'll announce the winner after breakfast.

View attachment 76612

View attachment 76613

View attachment 76614

View attachment 76615

View attachment 76616

Hilarious and bonkers. Wonderful Gouvy.

I've re-read the rules and I think you got your entries posted within the week's allotted time, taking into account you did ask for clarification on the deadline and I was slow to notice I'd won the last challenge and set the theme for the current one.

I also can't see why they are off topic. I've checked all the rules and can't find anything that would disqualify them.

So unless someone wants to correct my thinking I'm ruling them as valid entries.

Although I've got the executive vote, I'm dependant on the advice of my two preteen boys in the deliberation process. We ran up a short list last night but need to take into account the entries from MsDee and GroovyGouvy once my eldest has woken up.

Thanks for rising up to the challenge all those who participated. I'll announce the winner after breakfast.

Wow! Cool!
Somehow, while sorting them to post in order, I thought MC is just taking a shot and maybe squeeze it through an app, but this in the end was making a collage to turn it into a poster. Great if this is all okay and thanks for putting it in. In that case the brother of Bruce Willis, means Tom Chillies, is now out and the five Screen posters in. :)
Thanks! But either way I'm happy with it. :D

Aaaaaaand the winner is::thumbs:
I love the bold reds and the simplicity of the shapes and composition and a big bright sun just taps something in me visually and emotionally. Even as kids, the sun is almost always in those pictures we draw of us with our families standing in front of our houses.
My Kids are disappointed with my choice however.

Runners up in order of running up are:
MsDee with Dry Folral Arrangement (My kids fav)
GroovyGouvy with Dry Harder (Kids choice) and Dry Hard with a Vinegar (Mine) - Just a brilliant idea and 10/10 for effort
FotoLumos with Hung Out to Dry - Love the composition, the light and colour
deepop with Dry Ruin - Big hit with the kids
terse with Mostly Dry - Good splash of colour
JillyG with Blowdry. Nice comp, interesting take on the theme.

Sorry if you've not got a mention, they were all good entries and thanks for bearing with my choice of theme. I'll pick something a bit more obvious should I get the chance again.
:p

Back
Top Bottom