MobiColour RESULT: MC #146 Theme: MUSIC - Nov 12-18, 2018

Just to get things going... this just happens to serve as a bridge between last weeks portaits and this weeks music theme.
View attachment 116902
Tadaa

Looks like your guitar has been around for a while :inlove: My DH, who’s a Fender Stratocaster man, reckons yours is a Mustang? He wants to know if you play rockabilly?

For this I've been downloading music visualisation apps and playing with the results. To make it less someone else's algorithms doing all the creativity I've been running tracks I created through them.
Here's my reference points:
https://m.soundcloud.com/ri-3
My fav app so far is ProjectM which has visualisations in that have been around since the early days of Winamp. Geiss is a name I recognise from back then.
Screenshot_20181113-101353-01.jpeg
Screenshot_20181113-101845-01.jpeg
Screenshot_20181113-134215-01-01.jpeg

For this I've been downloading music visualisation apps and playing with the results. To make it less someone else's algorithms doing all the creativity I've been running tracks I created through them.
My fav app so far is ProjectM which has visualisations in that have been around since the early days of Winamp. Geiss is a name I recognise from back then.
View attachment 116948 View attachment 116949 View attachment 116950
Oooh, I love these and the idea.:thumbs:

Love that middle one.

Great idea! The first one is my current fav.

Looks like your guitar has been around for a while :inlove: My DH, who’s a Fender Stratocaster man, reckons yours is a Mustang? He wants to know if you play rockabilly?
LUV rawkabilly! This particular guitar is a Harmony likely built in the late 70s and I’ve always thought was supposed to be kind of a Mustang copy. It produces a really swampy, dirty, punkish sound. I typically just keep this one in my office to plunk around on when I need to unwind for a minute. My “real” rockabilly go to is an Epiphone Wildkat. Nothing fancy, and not expensive but wonderfully twangy sound. Im suddenly realizing that guitar would make a fantastic model for B&W photos... :)

Chainsaw music.
A1621474-D701-445D-8B2C-1257A64A0AB0.jpeg

This morning we cut down a large but diseased tree in my front yard. I have been worried about it in recent storms. It could have fallen on our power wires, or the house, or the car. I called in some experienced help. It had to fall exactly right so as not to flatten the rhododendron bush, or the maple tree, or the euonymus bush, and of course not the house or the power wires. Just one narrow corridor of opportunity. Today - no wind.
You perhaps know how the sound of a power saw can either sound like music to your ears or the approach of Armageddon, depending on the circumstances. In this case it was music. In addition, certain saws produce a pure smooth tone and not that raspy raunchy sound of an untuned engine with mismatched exhaust lengths. When I got back to cutting after making a few photos our two saws sang a duet. His bigger woodcutter saw pitched a bit lower than my lighter duty wood lot saw, but both made by Stihl. Pure country harmony.
In the picture the upper trunk is being cut into wood stove lengths, ready for splitting. I’ll get lots of firewood out of this tree once it has seasoned a while. The reassuring sound of a steady fire heating the house. The satisfying feeling that as much of the tree as possible is being used and not wasted.

Chainsaw music.
View attachment 116951
This morning we cut down a large but diseased tree in my front yard. I have been worried about it in recent storms. It could have fallen on our power wires, or the house, or the car. I called in some experienced help. It had to fall exactly right so as not to flatten the rhododendron bush, or the maple tree, or the euonymus bush, and of course not the house or the power wires. Just one narrow corridor of opportunity. Today - no wind.
You perhaps know how the sound of a power saw can either sound like music to your ears or the approach of Armageddon, depending on the circumstances. In this case it was music. In addition, certain saws produce a pure smooth tone and not that raspy raunchy sound of an untuned engine with mismatched exhaust lengths. When I got back to cutting after making a few photos our two saws sang a duet. His bigger woodcutter saw pitched a bit lower than my lighter duty wood lot saw, but both made by Stihl. Pure country harmony.
In the picture the upper trunk is being cut into wood stove lengths, ready for splitting. I’ll get lots of firewood out of this tree once it has seasoned a while. The reassuring sound of a steady fire heating the house. The satisfying feeling that as much of the tree as possible is being used and not wasted.
Hard work but fun. I love that sound too :D I had a Husqvarna that purred like a pussy cat until a tree jumped in front of it :)

I back up all my mobile photos to the Photos program on my Mac, so I did a search there for "music" and got a street violinist, a nun with a bass drum (stock photo, not mine), piano keys, a PA amp, a radio, a tin box with the word "Singer" on it (!), a gate that might look a bit like a clef if you squint just right, and this:

View attachment 116906

An abstract impression of bebop? Your guess is as good as mine.
Maybe the search thingy thought it was piano keys?? In any case it’s AWESOME.

My search for “music” actually brought up a bunch of real music stuff... instruments, people playing instruments, theatre and back stage stuff (lots I can’t post because they weren’t made with a mobile device)...

But here’s an odd one.... probably thought those were record albums.

CE77001C-3AD1-4C7B-8DD7-B8E1339A8308.jpeg

Along the High Line, NYC
(maybe a Hipsta shot?)

What a cool idea!! I looove the green one.

Chainsaw music.
View attachment 116951
Out-of-the-box take on the theme, and nice poetic references. I personally hate the sound of a chainsaw, but appreciate your experiences. :thumbs:

My search for “music” actually brought up a bunch of real music stuff... instruments, people playing instruments, theatre and back stage stuff (lots I can’t post because they weren’t made with a mobile device)...

But here’s an odd one.... probably thought those were record albums.

View attachment 116957
Along the High Line, NYC
(maybe a Hipsta shot?)
Love this.:thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom