MobiColour RESULT: MC #148 Theme: Maximalism - Nov 26-Dec 2, 2018

6B368D38-D0D7-4862-A18E-8AC71D4FBD3D.jpeg

Twenty of...
Snapseed

I suspect rizole maybe having us on here ;)

This is a difficult and somewhat obscure genre which has many definitions (a popular, but not a de facto one by Daryush Shokof's "Maximalist Manifesto" describes it as (quoted from wikipedia.org), "1. Figurative, 2. Politically aware, with socially critical points of view, 3. Erotic, 4. Mostly includes ironic and humorous perspectives in concept or in form, 5. Not made to simply oppose minimalist works of art, 6. Open to wide views and visionary dimensions that can be fantastic, but not deformed".......

Makes perfect sense to me :mobibabe:

So no theme this week ! :lmao:

:lmao:That’s what I was going to say!

Yes, I was thinking it will be a hard one to judge.

I suspect rizole maybe having us on here ;)

Well it probably leaves things quite open to interpretation but I'll be looking out for pictures that seem to get the gist of the thing. Reading around on the subject further maximalism is part of the post modern movement so there plenty of intertexturality, referencing high and low cultures and self referential stuff to play with.
You know, epistemological uncertainty and all that.

...Havin' us on indeed. :appsir:

Well it probably leaves things quite open to interpretation but I'll be looking out for pictures that seem to get the gist of the thing. Reading around on the subject further maximalism is part of the post modern movement so there plenty of intertexturality, referencing high and low cultures and self referential stuff to play with.

:flushed:

Ohhhhhhhh, “epistemological uncertainty”! Why didn’t you say so at the beginning?:mobibabe:

This is a difficult and somewhat obscure genre which has many definitions (a popular, but not a de facto one by Daryush Shokof's "Maximalist Manifesto" describes it as (quoted from wikipedia.org), "1. Figurative, 2. Politically aware, with socially critical points of view, 3. Erotic, 4. Mostly includes ironic and humorous perspectives in concept or in form, 5. Not made to simply oppose minimalist works of art, 6. Open to wide views and visionary dimensions that can be fantastic, but not deformed".......

Is this the Erotic entry?

Back
Top Bottom