MobiColour RESULT: MC #182 Theme: No Theme - July 22-28, 2019

Coffee house (selfie)
Darkroom, MaxCurve
9B3E8D2F-82E3-4F16-990B-679B59D50485.jpeg

In the mossy gorge. Or how about, Gorgeous Gorge.
3ABD745D-F123-4482-8D36-387413A00192.jpeg

This was made during my last Photo Safari workshop on Tuesday.
NightCap Pro. About a 1 second exposure (manually timed). With Moment 58 Tele lens, plus polarizer. I should have also tried Spectre but I didn’t think of it at the time.

Monarch butterfly.
FD443090-FA97-4DBA-82E9-3030740E4F86.jpeg

This looks OK on a small screen but it doesn’t hold up as well on a bigger screen.

I was out photographing late this evening with my new full frame mirrorless Canon and my 100-400mm lens plus an extension tube. I was getting closer to a Monarch but it was skittish, the light was failing, and half the time it was on the shaded side and then at the magic moment, I touched the shutter and... “change the battery pack”, dead.

But my iPhone had lots of battery left so I carried on with that and quickly grabbed the native camera app. I had to get a whole lot closer than with my 400. The first 3 shots were turned the wrong way and shaded but then a slight turn and it briefly caught the sun. One exposure and it was gone. The first 3 frames were useless, out of focus, etc. This one was pretty good but needed to be cropped more than 50%, and just being a jpeg, the background was noisy mush. Really wishing for a RAW file for this one.

Edited in Affinity Photo.

Last edited:
Monarch butterfly.
View attachment 147639
This looks OK at a small screen but it doesn’t hold up as well on a bigger screen.

I was out photographing late this evening with my new full frame mirrorless Canon and my 100-400mm lens plus an extension tube. I was getting closer to a Monarch but it was skittish, the light was failing, and half the time it was on the shaded side and then at the magic moment, I touched the shutter and... “change the battery pack”, dead.

But my iPhone had lots of battery left so I carried on with that and quickly grabbed the native camera app. I had to get a whole lot closer than with my 400. The first 3 shots were turned the wrong way and shaded but then a slight turn and it briefly caught the sun. One exposure and it was gone. The first 3 frames were useless, out of focus, etc. This one was pretty good but needed to be cropped more than 50%, and just being a jpeg, the background was noisy mush. Really wishing for a RAW file for this one.

Edited in Affinity Photo.
Good capture, and I enjoyed the play-by-play also. I find the same issue with some of my photos -- they look good on the iPad but start to fall apart on my desktop monitor.

Last edited:
Good capture, and I enjoyed the play-by-play also. I find the same issue with some of my photos -- they look food on the iPad but start to fall apart on my desktop monitor.
Right. Especially if it is a 27” 5K monitor. That’s when you can see when you have overlooked any of the settings like sharpening, intensity, structure, or clarity.

Back
Top Bottom